IGNORED

Simple to analyse what is wrong

southvillekiddy

4 hours ago, JBFC II said:

Agreed all the way up to the last sentence. 2 years in league one in the last 11 doesn't make us a yo-yo team in my opinion

Unless there is a dramatic change in team management, player recruitment and coaching, I suspect that next May will bring another "yo" to go with the "yo" that Cotterill provided three seasons ago. 

5 hours ago, JBFC II said:

We are just too good for league one at the moment, Rotherham, qpr and Ipswich are all worse I reckon. 

Can see us being 20th, just staying up in last few weeks... 

There’s several worse I think. 

We’ll beat QPR on Tuesday and start to pick up a few points, safely finish between 13th-17th. Whether that will be enough for LJ to remain could be up for debate.

I get a bit bemused by this Lansdown 'generosity' theory.

I keep saying it's all about 'perspective' but it seems to not sink into some people's heads what I mean.

According to Forbes https://www.forbes.com/profile/stephen-lansdown/#1575184350b0  SL has a current net worth of £2.5 Billion today.

That's £2,500,000,000 in money.

If he only gets a 5% ROI per year he is still making  £125,000,000 in interest ALONE every single year.

He joined the board in 2002 - 16 yrs ago.

Lets say he put in £20,000,000 a year

He therefore has put in £320,000,000 over his tenure (and I include the stadium in that) - and he can write some of that off in many ways.

That is literally a tenner in comparative wealth to most of us.

Do the math - for less than 3 YEARS INTEREST EARNED - ie profit on his hard work in business he has:

Acquired full ownership of our club and stadium and the entire AG site.

Set up BS with Rugby,Basketball etc and associated stadia.

Land-banked a huge parcel of South Bristol that when re-zoned will make him a fortune!!

How much will a consortium pay for a large area to build 5000+ housing units, light industry etc, a 3 sport nationally recognised franchise in  2 state of the art stadiums, (now generating vastly increased match and non-match day turnover)  with a huge £450m carrot  (for the next owner ) of Premiership Football as the cherry on top?  

A hell of a lot more than he has 'put in' I can assure you!

Sure, he didn't have to do it - be we have lost ownership of our club, it's home and land, and now it's identity, which is slipping away week by week.

The Lansdown's will walk away, in profit, and leave our club's future in the hands of anyone who pays the asking price. 

I seriously cannot understand why some people cannot see that the money spent by SL is change down the back of a sofa to him.

Archived