IGNORED

Lloyd Kelly

MC RISK77

Very good game and was my mom and  followed on from Tuesday. Certainly more physical  than last season and reads game exceptionally well and destined for greater things than we can provide him. Just hope we can get to enjoy him for a while as prem clubs will come calling in January

Hats off to him

I thought all things considered he was excellent really

Watched him for a fair bit of game and his positioning was much better than against Sheff United

Looked or best defender and far better than Webster today

Well done Lloyd

Enjoy him while he’s here 

Don’t think he will be here long

Lloyd Kelly is a very good player. He has impressed me every time I have watched him, both this season and last.  I was convinced he was a better LB than a CB, but he proved today that he could out muscle one of the best forwards in the divsion. That's why I was not concerned about Joe Bryan leaving.  Kelly will be even better than Bryan in a very short time. I'm a big fan of Lloyd.

1 minute ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Lloyd Kelly is a very good player. He has impressed me every time I have watched him, both this season and last.  I was convinced he was a better LB than a CB, but he proved today that he could out muscle one of the best forwards in the divsion. That's why I was not concerned about Joe Bryan leaving.  Kelly will be even better than Bryan in a very short time. I'm a big fan of Lloyd.

Played really well but I’m not sure about that

Assombalong in particular bullied both of them

3 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

The lad certainly looks class and at 6’3’ is tall enough to play at CB.

As for being ‘out muscled’ - Asambalonga is all about strength and power and he’s one of the toughest opponents Kelly will face in the Championship. He bashes every defender in the same fashion. 

All good experience for Kelly.

11 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

Surprised at how well he handled the physical challenge considering how he struggled against Leon Clarke vs Sheff Utd last season. Shows how he learns quickly. Played very well today. Probably ahead of Baker for me now. 

I was looking at him warming up and I think he's put some weight/muscle on since last season which obviously has helped. He's a top player , another out of the academy that I think will go for big money.

15 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

My advice to the young man is get out as fast as you can.  Talk to Bryan and Reid.

And they’ll say stay at the club that improved them and gave them that opportunity..? 

Dont see as many academy players from say, Birmingham or Norwich or Ipswich making appearances and attracting/moving to the prem 

13 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Played really well but I’m not sure about that

Assombalong in particular bullied both of them

Assombolonga may have been physical against Kelly but he never got the wrong side, whereas he did against Webster.  I was massively impressed today....and you know i’m pretty critical of CBs.  Nice turn of pace too.

Not saying he should play LCB every week, but more than happy to see him there when required.

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The lad certainly looks class and at 6’3’ is tall enough to play at CB.

As for being ‘out muscled’ - Asambalonga is all about strength and power and he’s one of the toughest opponents Kelly will face in the Championship. He bashes every defender in the same fashion. 

All good experience for Kelly.

Agreeing more with RR than BBSB today....there’s a first.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Assombolonga may have been physical against Kelly but he never got the wrong side, whereas he did against Webster.  I was massively impressed today....and you know i’m pretty critical of CBs.  Nice turn of pace too.

Ahhh don’t get me wrong Dave

Was stronger than LK but what impressed me was his positioning and being sensible enough not to get into a wrestling match or getting into a strength battle with him

Admirable sense

As regular readers will know, I’ve been saying for a long time that Kelly is the best left back we have had in many many years. Lots of people said that he’s a centre back, but I’ll always maintain that he’s a natural left back and a damn good one. 

Today he did well at CB, but for me what he lacks there is the aerial ability. We see all too many CB’s these days who are not aerially dominant and for me it’s a must have in that position. 

I honestly hope that Kelly keeps plying his trade at LB. I think he has much more opportunity of a fanstastic career if he stays at LB that he has at CB. 

I think he’s a very very special talent and we need to nurture his natural position, which is LB. 

57 minutes ago, Harry said:

As regular readers will know, I’ve been saying for a long time that Kelly is the best left back we have had in many many years. Lots of people said that he’s a centre back, but I’ll always maintain that he’s a natural left back and a damn good one. 

Today he did well at CB, but for me what he lacks there is the aerial ability. We see all too many CB’s these days who are not aerially dominant and for me it’s a must have in that position. 

I honestly hope that Kelly keeps plying his trade at LB. I think he has much more opportunity of a fanstastic career if he stays at LB that he has at CB. 

I think he’s a very very special talent and we need to nurture his natural position, which is LB. 

Really? Thought he was far better in the air than a certain Webster!

1 minute ago, marcofisher said:

Really? Thought he was far better in the air than a certain Webster!

Looking more at Kelly’s strengths in isolation as opposed to comparison with Webster. Kelly is not a ball winning cb, but is potentially a superb lb. I’d much rather lb is where his future lies. 

Just now, Harry said:

Looking more at Kelly’s strengths in isolation as opposed to comparison with Webster. Kelly is not a ball winning cb, but is potentially a superb lb. I’d much rather lb is where his future lies. 

I disagree, looked very comfortable at reading the plays and breaking it up, I can see now why a lot of the forum rates him at centre back and on todays performance he should keep his place there. 

Just now, marcofisher said:

I disagree, looked very comfortable at reading the plays and breaking it up, I can see now why a lot of the forum rates him at centre back and on todays performance he should keep his place there. 

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying he’s no good at CB. He’s good there. I just think his career will go further as a Lb than a cb 

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

(Looking ahead)  I disagree Harry

Potentially Far more influential as a Classy Centre back

Could develop into a Rolls Royce Centre Half 

( IMHO )

Archived