IGNORED

Are you confident Johnson is the man?

BA12RED

Are you confident Johnson is the man?  

410 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I said no. 

Solely because i dont believe he or the management team are following their sh1te theyve spouted for years about DNA. 

We wanted leaders in the team apparently. I dont see a single one in the team. 

Signings are average at best and, budgets aside and transfer nett spend being decent, he’s also spent money that this club has never spent in the past. 

Too many foreign gambles for me. 

Too many ‘footballers’ and no physical presence throughout the squad. We will be bullied on many occasions this season because of this. 

Plus we dont seem to learn from our mistakes. Basically every goal has been conceded from crosses, yet we defend narrow and allow crosses to come in. Poor, poor coaching in my book and if he’s telling them to defend this way then also poor tactics. Although, if they arent following instructions then our recruitment via DNA has also failed. 

Admittedly it seems his hands are being tied now re budgets but current failings and dismal tippy tappy football means its a no from me. 

I think he should get longer but when you ask me am I convinced he is the man to see us promoted? Hell no and don’t see how anybody could be. Made us better? Yes Seen us through a rebuilding phase? Yes Been a success in his time here? So far undoubtedly but he has shown no signs of consistency and limited signs in improving his game management.

Think he is quite clever with an initial gameplan but if it gets found out he is a deer in headlight. His teams continue to make the same mistakes in the same situations. 

I need to see a lot more before I could ever say LJ is the man to take us to the next level. 

5 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I think he should get longer but when you ask me am I convinced he is the man to see us promoted? Hell no and don’t see how anybody could be. Made us better? Yes Seen us through a rebuilding phase? Yes Been a success in his time here? So far undoubtedly but he has shown no signs of consistency and limited signs in improving his game management.

Think he is quite clever with an initial gameplan but if it gets found out he is a deer in headlight. His teams continue to make the same mistakes in the same situations. 

I need to see a lot more before I could ever say LJ is the man to take us to the next level. 

Sums up what a lot of us are thinking... doing ok but could do with an extra 10% sometimes. Especially at killing games off...

@nickolas

On the defending narrow point. Last season when we had WrWright especially and Magnússon to an extent at full back, where was the natural width in defence?

That said, that was a perfect (brought about by injury?) combination of players, form and momentum. Perfect storm, all came together really well. Can't replicate a narrow defensive shape successfully with the current setup feel.

Just now, cidercity1987 said:

Exactly, Johnson is working with the tools he has and doing a decent job

Maybe not his fault but he cannot attract the players we should have. He's a mediocre to poor novice manager working with similiar standard players. I'm not happy with that personally.

Archived