IGNORED

Are you confident Johnson is the man?

BA12RED

Are you confident Johnson is the man?  

410 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 hours ago, nickolas said:

I said no. 

Solely because i dont believe he or the management team are following their sh1te theyve spouted for years about DNA. 

We wanted leaders in the team apparently. I dont see a single one in the team. 

Signings are average at best and, budgets aside and transfer nett spend being decent, he’s also spent money that this club has never spent in the past. 

Too many foreign gambles for me. 

Too many ‘footballers’ and no physical presence throughout the squad. We will be bullied on many occasions this season because of this. 

Plus we dont seem to learn from our mistakes. Basically every goal has been conceded from crosses, yet we defend narrow and allow crosses to come in. Poor, poor coaching in my book and if he’s telling them to defend this way then also poor tactics. Although, if they arent following instructions then our recruitment via DNA has also failed. 

Admittedly it seems his hands are being tied now re budgets but current failings and dismal tippy tappy football means its a no from me. 

The bit about lack of physical presence and all “footballers” is it for me. You have to have a blend.... he’s managed to ship out what little physicality we had.... and replaced them with weaker players AND is trying to play tipppy tappy football in a ridiculously competencies league.  

Trouble is, if he’s binned now, the next man has to try to work with this flimsy squad. 

31 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

“I just felt it was time to progress my career. I’m 29 and, with no disrespect to Bristol City,

I felt it was a better chance and opportunity to get promoted to the Premier League and play top-flight football.”

“When someone like Tony Pulis says ‘I want you to come and play centre-half for me’ and shows that desire to sign you, that’s also a big factor. He’s vastly experienced – he knows what he wants and he gets it.”

That tells me city don't want top flight football, 

I'm convinced Warnock would've got us promoted, and I find it quite annoying that SL has never appointed him. And while some will say they hate his style of football, I'd rather effective football than boring, sideways, backwards, ineffective, lots of possession, little end product football.

And as for the argument that Warnock wouldn't keep us in the top flight, well the answer is simple, once he's got us there, thank him and replace him with someone more suitable.

I've voted no. However that does not mean that I'm convinced LJ is the wrong man for the job. He might be. But I am certainly not confident that he is at this point.

He gets my support until we make a change. However I'm increasingly coming to the view that the time will come before too long when that change is necessary. 

Ship him out asap, totally clueless & should never had got the gig in the first place. imo just showed a total lack of ambition by the club ie job for a good mate (or son of one!)

Obviously hasn't helped that the purse strings have been tightened by SL! As i've stated before i honestly believe that his priority these days is to build & maintain a top flight rugby club.

Hope i haven't sat on the fence too much with my reply!!! ?

While I don't think for one minute that he'll take us to the Premier League, and his record this year is appalling, I watched the highlights of the Boro game and thought we were unlucky. We created a lot of chances and hit the woodwork several times. So LJ is hardly at SOD levels of awful - he just needs to make a few tweaks

I've reservations regarding aspects of his management but I'm not writing him off. He could be the right man but this season he'll need to prove what he believes his best eleven is, address long runs without a win and how to adopt a plan B during a game. I don't think he's as far off succeeding.

I can't remember a season, when 3 of your best players effectively said "We don't believe that we are going to get to the premier league with this team and manager".

For that reason Reid and Bryan wouldn't sign new contracts; and flint had now gone on record to say he jumped at the first opportunity to sign for a real contender.

Christ, we were 2nd in Jan, and flying; with some of the best football I've seen at AG in 30 years

Now where are we? 4 wins in 28 this calendar year, no marquee signings to replace important players. Even though we have received over 25 Million in transfer fees this summer.

A week ago, LJ was even saying that financially he can't afford to bring in a forward, It all makes no sense. Hes basically saying it'll be alright when fammy gets back. Can't see it myself, and it only takes one injury.

The players look lost in the final third at the moment, plenty of possession, no cutting edge. I know we have injuries, but where are the leaders that LJ promised in May; when he said he knows what went wrong Jan- May with the team. I'm confused, as certainly none of the signings so far, could in any sense be sent as dominant physical "leaders". 

It all seems a big directionless at the moment. No doubt things will be clearer after 10 games. This division is obviously a division of 2 halves where the top 10, are far superior to the other 14. We are unfortunately not in that top 10, so will be slugging it out with the other 14 over the 3 relegation slots. 

It's a long hard season ahead I fear, and for me; when the going gets tough I can't see LJ turning this ship around.

On 19/08/2018 at 02:22, redmelsh said:

Who else are we getting? Answers on a post it...

just seems people are willing to fire without reasonable alternatives. If people have viable/reasonable alternatives then him not taking us forward may have good grounds.  

To be perfectly honest I would be happier with anybody that wasn't a member of the Johnson family. The relationship between Lansdown and that family is not a healthy situation for the club IMO. And if someone else was failing, at least we could hope for the possibility of them being removed. 

Archived