IGNORED

Neil Harris?

Alan Dicks

Why? LJ not going anywhere for awhile yet. I will comment however not to be a distraction. 

Harris is ok. I am not his biggest fan though.

Smith obviously done some good work at Brentford but why would he leave to come here? 

Would have liked Alex Neil when he was available. Done remarkable at Preston and was not terrible at Norwich. 

Smith has an all but identical record to Johnson. Why change like for like? 

Harris as Bob says just seems a good fit for Millwall. I’m not convinced he’s a particularly great manager - just really suits the club he’s at.

Strikes me as the sort who will be way better at a club with a small budget with low expectations. 

The delusions of grandeur in this post not to mention the lack of understanding of football in terms that Neil Harris wouldn't suit the players that Bristol City currently have;

This would be a good article to start your education on football, and basically sum up the latter part of my statement. 

https://statsbomb.com/2017/09/the-right-way-to-hire-football-coaches/

There are other articles on that site about hiring managers. 

For the former part of my statement; why would Neil Harris leave Millwall for the likes of Bristol City?

Arguably they both have the same level of players at the moment

Harris has lived in Southend with his family for all of his life, why would he leave a job that he is extremely secure in, close to his family for Bristol City?

Harris, Millwall's all time top goalscorer, been through thick and thin with the club, undeniably loved, supported and backed by the fans, chairman and players leave for Bristol City?

2 hours ago, marcofisher said:

Neil Patrick Harris hasn't really done much since How I met your mother.

In all seriousness I don't think Harris' style would be a good fit for the players we have, and can't see why Dean Smith would want to come here either. 

Was in Gone Girl ;)

2 hours ago, Alan Dicks said:

He's done a great job at Millwall, wouldn't mind him here or the Brentford boss. 

Discuss

You could get pep in and it wouldn’t matter with the signings lee has made,sub standard defenders and forwards so let lee drift us towards relegation at least to January when a new man can get his own players in 

14 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Smith has an all but identical record to Johnson. Why change like for like? 

Harris as Bob says just seems a good fit for Millwall. I’m not convinced he’s a particularly great manager - just really suits the club he’s at.

Strikes me as the sort who will be way better at a club with a small budget with low expectations. 

Totally agree. If we’re gonna change things  (which we’re not) then surely we need to appoint someone doing something different to LJ. 

Smith has done very well at an unfancied championship side and got them playing attractive football - same as LJ did last season. He’s done a good job at Brentford but there’s nothing to make me think he’d take us to the next level. Same with Harris at Millwall. Change for changes sake would be silly 

22 hours ago, General Disarray said:

The delusions of grandeur in this post not to mention the lack of understanding of football in terms that Neil Harris wouldn't suit the players that Bristol City currently have;

This would be a good article to start your education on football, and basically sum up the latter part of my statement. 

https://statsbomb.com/2017/09/the-right-way-to-hire-football-coaches/

There are other articles on that site about hiring managers. 

For the former part of my statement; why would Neil Harris leave Millwall for the likes of Bristol City?

Arguably they both have the same level of players at the moment

Harris has lived in Southend with his family for all of his life, why would he leave a job that he is extremely secure in, close to his family for Bristol City?

Harris, Millwall's all time top goalscorer, been through thick and thin with the club, undeniably loved, supported and backed by the fans, chairman and players leave for Bristol City?

And recovered from cancer while a player. He may never replicate elsewhere, what he's done as the Millwall manager. 

Archived