IGNORED

Scoring a problem

wayne allisons tongues

4 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

3 league games 42 shots on goal. Only 3 goals, not a very good conversion rate. Start taking our chances and our fortunes will improve. Will take the pressure off our defence.

42 shots on goal is totally misleading 

How many real chances have we created ?

40 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Quite.

Thought even v Forest for all that we played well, a decent number of our shots on target were catching practice near enough for Pantilimon.

Vs Plymouth I felt similar, didn't feel their keeper was run ragged, a fair few attempts looked quite straightforward for him.

4 shots on target today isn't ideal, but at the same time woodwork doesn't count towards those stats and on another day etc...

We basically have not a lot in defence (first half particularly) and not much in attack but apart from that...

The solution is not to throw more strikers at it.

The solution is to make the football more direct. By that, I do not mean going full Warnock and booting it into the channels at every opportunity. We spend too long knocking the ball around in comfortable areas without any intent to push into areas the opposition don't want us to be. We need to be more incisive in our play and more decisive with the ball at our feet. I know we are not even remotely in the same league as Man City - but LJ spoke about how he hoped to learn from our cup experiences last season. Man City don't just knock the ball around in their own half for the sake of it. They constantly have runners off the ball creating space, working angles so that the man with the ball has both an option parallel and forward - this is what is lacking in our game imho. 

23 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

The solution is to make the football more direct. By that, I do not mean going full Warnock and booting it into the channels at every opportunity. We spend too long knocking the ball around in comfortable areas without any intent to push into areas the opposition don't want us to be. We need to be more incisive in our play and more decisive with the ball at our feet. I know we are not even remotely in the same league as Man City - but LJ spoke about how he hoped to learn from our cup experiences last season. Man City don't just knock the ball around in their own half for the sake of it. They constantly have runners off the ball creating space, working angles so that the man with the ball has both an option parallel and forward - this is what is lacking in our game imho. 

Agree with lots of that

For a pass and move side our movement off the ball is shocking atm And has been for a while , and a polar opposite of the movement off the ball and hence I’d suggest the form of The pre Xmas period

For the opening 20 mins against Forest it (off ball movement) was evident but dissapeared down a big hole

2 hours ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

3 league games 42 shots on goal. Only 3 goals, not a very good conversion rate. Start taking our chances and our fortunes will improve. Will take the pressure off our defence.

Maybe signing a proven striker would have solved that problem but we got eisa to balance the Cheltenham books an as bob said 

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

About 8

9 hours ago, OddBallJim said:

9 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Agree with lots of that

For a pass and move side our movement off the ball is shocking atm And has been for a while , and a polar opposite of the movement off the ball and hence I’d suggest the form of The pre Xmas period

For the opening 20 mins against Forest it (off ball movement) was evident but dissapeared down a big hole

Both spot on, Wiemann is only player making runs into space forward, or into the channels, and when he does the forward passes are often intercepted because midfield are too slow to see the pass or overhit!

Taylor used to find space well but has been playing like he has lead boots on this season. Pato has the ability to make himself available further forward too, but his form is so poor he mainly picks the ball up around the halfway-line and just lays it off sideways or backwards again.

Mind you needlessly playing a midfield flank player centre forward and a RB in the LB position hardly helps the cause!

Archived