Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

wayne allisons tongues

Scoring a problem

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

3 league games 42 shots on goal. Only 3 goals, not a very good conversion rate. Start taking our chances and our fortunes will improve. Will take the pressure off our defence.

42 shots on goal is totally misleading 

How many real chances have we created ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

42 shots on goal is totally misleading 

How many real chances have we created ?

Quite.

Thought even v Forest for all that we played well, a decent number of our shots on target were catching practice near enough for Pantilimon.

Vs Plymouth I felt similar, didn't feel their keeper was run ragged, a fair few attempts looked quite straightforward for him.

4 shots on target today isn't ideal, but at the same time woodwork doesn't count towards those stats and on another day etc...

We basically have not a lot in defence (first half particularly) and not much in attack but apart from that...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The solution is not to throw more strikers at it.

The solution is to make the football more direct. By that, I do not mean going full Warnock and booting it into the channels at every opportunity. We spend too long knocking the ball around in comfortable areas without any intent to push into areas the opposition don't want us to be. We need to be more incisive in our play and more decisive with the ball at our feet. I know we are not even remotely in the same league as Man City - but LJ spoke about how he hoped to learn from our cup experiences last season. Man City don't just knock the ball around in their own half for the sake of it. They constantly have runners off the ball creating space, working angles so that the man with the ball has both an option parallel and forward - this is what is lacking in our game imho. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

The solution is not to throw more strikers at it.

The solution is to make the football more direct. By that, I do not mean going full Warnock and booting it into the channels at every opportunity. We spend too long knocking the ball around in comfortable areas without any intent to push into areas the opposition don't want us to be. We need to be more incisive in our play and more decisive with the ball at our feet. I know we are not even remotely in the same league as Man City - but LJ spoke about how he hoped to learn from our cup experiences last season. Man City don't just knock the ball around in their own half for the sake of it. They constantly have runners off the ball creating space, working angles so that the man with the ball has both an option parallel and forward - this is what is lacking in our game imho. 

Agree with lots of that

For a pass and move side our movement off the ball is shocking atm And has been for a while , and a polar opposite of the movement off the ball and hence I’d suggest the form of The pre Xmas period

For the opening 20 mins against Forest it (off ball movement) was evident but dissapeared down a big hole

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too much of the to me, to you Chuckle brothers tactics for me.  We pass well in our own half, but our opponents couldn't care less and will let us play that way.  We need to start playing beyond the half way line.

Once in the box, we don't serm to have a clue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

3 league games 42 shots on goal. Only 3 goals, not a very good conversion rate. Start taking our chances and our fortunes will improve. Will take the pressure off our defence.

Maybe signing a proven striker would have solved that problem but we got eisa to balance the Cheltenham books an as bob said 

 

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

42 shots on goal is totally misleading 

How many real chances have we created ?

About 8

Edited by joe jordans teeth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

3 league games 42 shots on goal. Only 3 goals, not a very good conversion rate. Start taking our chances and our fortunes will improve. Will take the pressure off our defence.

Erm... we can't defend either wat! :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Goals may be a problem at times this season but the big problem is conceding. I don’t care if you are home or away, you go 2-0 down you are going to struggle to score. The whole makeup of the squad is wrong imo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, OddBallJim said:

The solution is not to throw more strikers at it.

The solution is to make the football more direct. By that, I do not mean going full Warnock and booting it into the channels at every opportunity. We spend too long knocking the ball around in comfortable areas without any intent to push into areas the opposition don't want us to be. We need to be more incisive in our play and more decisive with the ball at our feet. I know we are not even remotely in the same league as Man City - but LJ spoke about how he hoped to learn from our cup experiences last season. Man City don't just knock the ball around in their own half for the sake of it. They constantly have runners off the ball creating space, working angles so that the man with the ball has both an option parallel and forward - this is what is lacking in our game imho. 

 

9 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Agree with lots of that

For a pass and move side our movement off the ball is shocking atm And has been for a while , and a polar opposite of the movement off the ball and hence I’d suggest the form of The pre Xmas period

For the opening 20 mins against Forest it (off ball movement) was evident but dissapeared down a big hole

 

Both spot on, Wiemann is only player making runs into space forward, or into the channels, and when he does the forward passes are often intercepted because midfield are too slow to see the pass or overhit!

Taylor used to find space well but has been playing like he has lead boots on this season. Pato has the ability to make himself available further forward too, but his form is so poor he mainly picks the ball up around the halfway-line and just lays it off sideways or backwards again.

Mind you needlessly playing a midfield flank player centre forward and a RB in the LB position hardly helps the cause!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are taking a big gamble this season, we have no height or physical presence up front and today's game was crying out for it. Last season we had Djuric and if not we could put Flint forward. It's ok saying Diedhio will be back in two games but what if he gets injured, very worrying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...