IGNORED

QPR away - important to win?

reddogkev

Damn the mood is going to be truly terrible if we don't win this game.

It could be a tough one after they lost 7-1.  On the one hand, it shows that on their day they can be absolutely crap, but if their players have any pride in the shirt they will want to avenge such a shocking score.

Of course, in terms of the league, no team needs to register a win at this stage, but to go the first 4 games without picking up a 3 points certainly sets a worrying narrative for the season.

Will a point be alright for us?

Ridiculous question, important to win?

Obviously it is we are currently winless and looking a shadow of our former selves.

Both fans and players look and feel flat.

A win is a must to kick start this season.

I for one will be watching via the red button on sky on Tuesday night hoping for a result.

I'll be there - but I'm bound to say that having lived or worked in Shepherd's Bush for much of the past 30 years I've seen precious few decent City performances at Loftus Road. I'm expecting a tough match...and a very tough season if we can't get at least a point...

16 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Ridiculous question, important to win?

Obviously it is we are currently winless and looking a shadow of our former selves.

Both fans and players look and feel flat.

A win is a must to kick start this season.

I for one will be watching via the red button on sky on Tuesday night hoping for a result.

Okay, point taken, the question should be, just how important is the win?  I'm worried already this season could be a relegation struggle,  hoping to shake off this feeling quite quickly.

Would you consider a draw a result?

36 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Damn the mood is going to be truly terrible if we don't win this game.

It could be a tough one after they lost 7-1.  On the one hand, it shows that on their day they can be absolutely crap, but if their players have any pride in the shirt they will want to avenge such a shocking score.

Of course, in terms of the league, no team needs to register a win at this stage, but to go the first 4 games without picking up a 3 points certainly sets a worrying narrative for the season.

Will a point be alright for us?

The problem here is they got dicked 7-1 yesterday and they will be more up for this game than ever!

Sadly can’t see us getting anything 

7 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Okay, point taken, the question should be, just how important is the win?  I'm worried already this season could be a relegation struggle,  hoping to shake off this feeling quite quickly.

Would you consider a draw a result?

Unfortunately I feel like it's a six pointer already! So NO I feel win is a must and a draw against QPR would almost feel like a defeat! 

If you had just been beat 7-1 and you needed a game to get it out of your system most teams would probably pick us as their next opponents as our away form is shocking, can see us getting beat there to be honest although an early goal for us and its a different story i think.

Despite it still being very early in the season, I think a win is vital for us on Tuesday.

Lose and with Swansea away to come (another tough game) we could feasibly go into the Blackburn game with 2 points for 5 games and under massive pressure to win.

Ashton Gate is not a great place when things aren't going well so I do fear for the confidence of the team if we find ourselves in this situation.

Unfortunately, we all know despite having 68% possession, having 18 shots (albeit only 5 on target) that we'll lose 1 nil to QPR, their goal coming from their only shot on target which will be a Matt Smith header on 49 mins.

Desperately hope I'm wrong though. 

I've not seen any highlights of the QPR thrashing but read they were 1-1 at half time. Surely that tells us they put in a reasonable performance for 45 mins. I would think that 1-1 at half time, against a recently relegated Prem team, this early in the season, would be acceptable.

Because of this - I fear the worst for our visit. Hope I'm wrong.

6 hours ago, Red Exile said:

I'll be there - but I'm bound to say that having lived or worked in Shepherd's Bush for much of the past 30 years I've seen precious few decent City performances at Loftus Road. I'm expecting a tough match...and a very tough season if we can't get at least a point...

Last time I saw us win there Geoff Merrick was playing

36 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

City need to and they should. I do not think McLaren has the ability to raise his players in time. In fact he may not be in job past Monday which would probably be the only factor that could jeopardise our win.

Can’t see him being sacked this early in the season , 

Gut feeling says draw. They were fairly solid or at least tough to beat at home last season. Draw and fairly low confidence on both sides, makes me think a fairly poor game.

Was right about draw at Bolton, thought we'd lose 3-0 yesterday (goal out) and was leaning towards draw v Forest, so I'm thinking draw...hope I'm wrong on this though, like I was yesterday.

It is an important game to win (not least to boost morale) but a few things are against us:

We rarely play well or get anything at Loftus Road.

QPR will be desperate to bounce back after a heavy defeat.

They might gain confidence from seeing it as a winnable game against a City team that seems to be struggling.

We all know how the team and LJ struggle to dig themselves out of a winless run.  We need to get a first win under our belts ASAP before confidence is shot and last seasons H2 form is back with us.  A win, any way possible will do me.  We can get back improving on our nice but toothless football after we have 3 points in the bag.

Archived