IGNORED

"Bigger budget teams"

Bristol Oil Services

Bigger budget teams do not have it all their own way, not over 90 minutes. It is not a "given."

Brighton beat Man Utd.

Bournemouth beat West Ham.

Millwall beat Derby.

Preston draw with Stoke.

Ipswich draw with Villa.

Wigan draw with Forest. 

The tortoise beats the hare.

Always worth keeping in mind, football is constantly throwing up examples of smaller budget teams finding a way to compete with bigger budget ones, over 90 minutes. If we failed to do so yesterday, perhaps we were going about it the wrong way?

41 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Bigger budget teams do not have it all their own way, not over 90 minutes. It is not a "given."

Brighton beat Man Utd.

Millwall beat Derby.

Preston draw with Stoke.

Ipswich draw with Villa.

Wigan draw with Forest. 

Always worth keeping in mind, football is constantly throwing up examples of smaller budget teams finding a way to compete with bigger budget ones, over 90 minutes. If we failed to do so yesterday, perhaps we were going about it the wrong way?

I would bet that come the end of the season 

Man U will finish above Brighton 

West Ham will finish above Bournemouth 

Derby will finish Above Milwall

Stoke will finish above Preston 

Villa will finish above Ipswich

Forest will finish above Wigan 

8 minutes ago, Rob k said:

The bold one is your accumulator buster ?

1 hour ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Brighton beat Man Utd.

Millwall beat Derby.

Preston draw with Stoke.

Ipswich draw with Villa.

Wigan draw with Forest. 

What a ridiculous post ! 

Over the course of the season? Generally it works out to be the bigger budget teams who come out on top..

We beat Man United last year, going by your theory, we should be top 4 Orem team yes?

1 hour ago, Rob k said:

Yes, but that's over a season, whereas you and others have been explaining one defeat as an inevitability because of the budget of the opposition. If that were always the case, then Preston, Millwall, Brentford, Sheffield Utd, ourselves and Ipswich would not have finished above Leeds, Norwich, Sheffield Weds, Hull and Sunderland last season.

You wouldn't have bet on that a year ago. 

We lost yesterday, first and foremost, in my opinion, because of our deficiencies and errors, and quite possibly, our frame of mind. And our missing players. There are many things we can do much better.

5 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Yes, but that's over a season, whereas you and others have been explaining one defeat as an inevitability because of the budget of the opposition. If that were always the case, then Preston, Millwall, Brentford, Sheffield Utd, ourselves and Ipswich would not have finished above Leeds, Norwich, Sheffield Weds, Hull and Sunderland last season.

You wouldn't have bet on that a year ago. 

We lost yesterday, first and foremost, in my opinion, because of our deficiencies and errors, and quite possibly, our frame of mind. And our missing players. There are many things we can do much better.

We lost yesterday i.m.o because we weren't good enough to make them break sweat and... we haven't got adequate back up in defence and in attack for Fam who apparently is going to save our season when he returns (just after which we will cash in on him)

The things we can do much better? that will be buying better players and employing a better manager.

The above will cost quite a few million....oh for a rich owner ....oh wait a minute.

40 minutes ago, Bri Stool City said:

We lost yesterday i.m.o because we weren't good enough to make them break sweat and... we haven't got adequate back up in defence and in attack for Fam who apparently is going to save our season when he returns (just after which we will cash in on him)

The things we can do much better? that will be buying better players and employing a better manager.

The above will cost quite a few million....oh for a rich owner ....oh wait a minute.

Depends what the rich owner is spending on, doesn't it?

Archived