IGNORED

The Sky Red Button Thread (ALL NON "SAT 3PM" GAMES ARE ON RED BUTTON)

SStandUp

1 hour ago, kmpowell said:

Sorry Tom, but that’s simply not true. The feed’s bitrate is so low it’s only just passable for SD and there isn’t an upscale ton the planet that could convert it into HD let alone 4K.

On my high-end 55” 4K panel I’ve had to switch it off and instead watch it on my phone, the quality was so low it was hurting my eyes. 

Seriously impressive, I might forward this to Ellis & John's 'humblebrag of the week' on Radio X, if you don't mind, KM? 

On 20/08/2018 at 22:46, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

If you know me you will know I’m not a marketing stooge! Was just trying to make anyone aware asI had been told Sky was using a single camera with no commentary. I’ll be at Loftus Road so let me know how it is. 

So do you have to know you to get a reply?  I and several other had made reference to problems with accessing free to air content and quoted you so you will have received a notification, but you chose to ignore this and only reply when you have been accused of being a marketing stooge by promoting paid services.

great fans liaison more like self interest and preservation

8 hours ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

So do you have to know you to get a reply?  I and several other had made reference to problems with accessing free to air content and quoted you so you will have received a notification, but you chose to ignore this and only reply when you have been accused of being a marketing stooge by promoting paid services.

great fans liaison more like self interest and preservation

I don’t know all of the technical details I’m afraid so need to go to the team who manages BCTV. I was in London working yesterday but will be meeting them today as I get questions from fans across email, Twitter, Facebook and the forum. The best way to get quicker responses to queries is always to contact supporter services. You can contact supporter services on 0117 963 0600 or supporterservices@bristol-sport.co.uk. I’ll be in touch as soon as I get a response for you. 

Hi, sorry for the late reply. Only just back in the office today. There is an issue that results in the files becoming corrupted as they are loaded onto the system. It is a known issue and the media team are working with the developers to rectify. Hopefully it wil be resolved soon and you will be able to watch the free content without signing up. 

Matt 

On 21/08/2018 at 10:33, BobBobSuperBobsaid:

Was the best when it was World At War after ?  the  Big Match 

"All our yesterdays" I believe.

WAW was an evening programme.

The Big Match on LWT was either at 2.15 or 2.30pm. in my day (up to 1977) it was preceded by Weekend World (Brian Walden political show) and was followed with Thunderbirds or a repeat of the Zoo Gang.

Regarding recording the match on Sky....

To replay the goal, simply push the rewind button (once = two times normal speed etc). There is no need to record the match to do this. It worked perfectly for us yesterday. 

What's more, if you want to see Matty's goal in slow motion, simply hold down the play button for approx 3 seconds. As there is up to a minute of celebrations before the restart, there should  be more than enough time to watch the slow motion replay.

To get back to real time, simply push the stop button. I normally push the fast forward button when ball is out of play etc ..

And without being too anorakie, the Sky feed was around 1 minute 15 seconds ahead of the radio brizz feed on BCTV+. It was easy to synchronise using the pause button on Sky!

4 hours ago, Dingbat said:

My Sky Sports app has just started sending me updates through for the City v Sunderland game from last season - is anyone else receiving these?

City currently 3-0 - i'm feeling confident ?

Yes, received the same and just wondering what’s going to happen next, a QPR come back? ?

1 hour ago, Red Army 79 said:

I got the same ? 

Was confused our goal scorers. One we have sold and the other is still suspended ?

Only got the first half though so didn’t have to kick the car again after throwing away a three goal lead ?

Does your 'car' look like this by any chance?

cat.jpg

Not sure if it's been mentioned elsewhere (if it has I've missed it), but just going through the live games tomorrow, and our game is coming up as a live game tomorrow on Sky Sports FL as one of the red button games. Also come up as a choice to record.

As I said, apologies if mentioned elsewhere, but a repost wouldn't hurt just in case you can't make the game tomorrow.

?

3 minutes ago, daored said:

What are the rules on showing our games on the Red Button. I thought it was just midweek games, but on that basis tomorrow is being shown that other games on a Sunday will be viewable and Friday against Villa on the red button?

I thought this too, however it looks like all non Saturday 3pm games will be available.

3 minutes ago, daored said:

What are the rules on showing our games on the Red Button. I thought it was just midweek games, but on that basis tomorrow is being shown that other games on a Sunday will be viewable and Friday against Villa on the red button?

It`s looking that way now isn`t it, seems anything not 3pm Saturday is fair game.

Reading away is looking possible too as that`s a 12 noon kick off I think but is on a Saturday so will be an interesting test.

1 minute ago, Red Right Hand said:

It`s looking that way now isn`t it, seems anything not 3pm Saturday is fair game.

Reading away is looking possible too as that`s a 12 noon kick off I think but is on a Saturday so will be an interesting test.

3 minutes ago, RobArnold10 said:

I thought this too, however it looks like all non Saturday 3pm games will be available.

Potentially could cost the club a few quid with reduced attendances? Just looked and Villa on a Friday night , Sheffield Wednesday and Milwall both on a Sunday which I’d assume would be available on sky?

Archived