IGNORED

The Sky Red Button Thread (ALL NON "SAT 3PM" GAMES ARE ON RED BUTTON)

SStandUp

1 minute ago, daored said:

Potentially could cost the club a few quid with reduced attendances? Just looked and Villa on a Friday night , Sheffield Wednesday and Milwall both on a Sunday which I’d assume would be available on sky?

It could I guess but Villa and Wednesday are still big games with a lot of travelling support so I doubt those two will be affected too much. Millwall, who knows?

It`s obviously a reaction from Sky to the games being available pay-per-view through the clubs. Take this month for instance, if you have Sky you can see all our games except Blades at home (assuming Villa is on the red button). If you do it through the club it would cost you 4 x £10 plus you wouldn`t be able to see the Wigan away game so Sky will be saying it`s good value to get a subscription - particularly as you`d get the cricket, F1 and other stuff (if you`re into that as well). Looking at October, there are three games that will be available (Rotherham A, Owls H & Hull H) and November there are potentially two (Reading A (?) & Ipswich A) so there`s another incentive.

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

It`s looking that way now isn`t it, seems anything not 3pm Saturday is fair game.

Reading away is looking possible too as that`s a 12 noon kick off I think but is on a Saturday so will be an interesting test.

Reading is at 3 isn’t it? Hope so as it’s my birthday and I have plans to get steaming.

2 hours ago, daored said:

What are the rules on showing our games on the Red Button. I thought it was just midweek games, but on that basis tomorrow is being shown that other games on a Sunday will be viewable and Friday against Villa on the red button?

I think the minute bctv tried charging a tenner for the Blackburn game then sky decided we will take a feed and show it,paying the club you would imagine as well 

2 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

Support sky and you kill the game

Because before sky it was flourishing I guess 

1 hour ago, Mtimmy11 said:

Can you watch it on virgin media

Yes (assuming you have Sky Sports) but it is on the football channel (513 I think) not Main Event.  I will be going to the game as I don't live too far away and have Season Card, but I am sure that those living some distance away may not bother especially with a 1.30 kick off!

Watching it on the tv is not a patch on ever being able to watch it at Ashton Gate. EVER. 

For one of the many that isn't able to get to most games throughout the season, it means we will be able to see a hell of a lot more of the team.

Paying a Sky subscription will not kill off the game. The game (at the top level) started dieing off when Premiership clubs started paying £100k+ a week.

Buzzing to realise this morning it's on Sky.

For me to get down the gate is a whole day and a 4-5 hour round trip. 

Obviusly I would pick being there every time, and would be far more often if I lived closer. When my daughter said she didn't want her season ticket anymore there went my excuse to go every week ?...selfish little girl ?.

But I have always wondered why Sky don't show more games. It seems this season common sense is finally prevailing. I HIGHLY doubt being on TV will affect attendances that much. Any anyhow?, wouldn't we rather filter out those fans who would pick the armchair option anyway...

9 minutes ago, reformed_red said:

Buzzing to realise this morning it's on Sky.

For me to get down the gate is a whole day and a 4-5 hour round trip. 

Obviusly I would pick being there every time, and would be far more often if I lived closer. When my daughter said she didn't want her season ticket anymore there went my excuse to go every week ?...selfish little girl ?.

But I have always wondered why Sky don't show more games. It seems this season common sense is finally prevailing. I HIGHLY doubt being on TV will affect attendances that much. Any anyhow?, wouldn't we rather filter out those fans who would pick the armchair option anyway...

All our September games will be on available on Sky except Sheff.Utd home.

4 minutes ago, Bourne End Red said:

Can I just check that basically I cannot watch the game on my iPad or iPhone ?

i also cannot watch the game on sky go ?

Yes you can if you have the right package! I was away for the QPR game, so watched it on my iPad. I was able to because I’m with Virgin and have sky sports with them. I just signed in to the sky sports app via my virgin account.

3 hours ago, old_eastender said:

All our September games will be on available on Sky except Sheff.Utd home.

Really, so from Sky saying it was just the FULL 8 games are all our non 3pm Saturday games going to be on the Red Button now?

Archived