IGNORED

The Sky Red Button Thread (ALL NON "SAT 3PM" GAMES ARE ON RED BUTTON)

SStandUp

Ok even more technical question: you can record off red button, and watch those games on the sky sports app. However, can anybody confirm you CANNOT use Sky Go or the Sky Sports app to remote record red button games, like you can with normal televised games? I'm away all weekend so could be my only option for Sunday's game.

2 hours ago, Harry said:

As Bob says, you can DEFINITELY record red button games as I’ve recorded all of them so far. 

For whatever reason this one isn’t showing up yet. I’m hoping it’s a glitch and is fixed before the game. 

As I’m on the road all day and not home til 9pm, and tried at 5:30am this morning and it’s still not there, I’m gonna have to rely on the Mrs getting it right! ? 

Hope you have some friends who will let you watch later at theirs.

On ‎27‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 13:33, Super said:

Why is it the red button and not the Green yellow or blue?

Press Green and a local dealer turns up with dubious smoking materials...

Press Yellow and you get a picture of a tit...

Press Blue and you get a picture of Hollowhead, (a blue tit)...

Press the Belly Button and a photo of Tomlin pops up...  

Do Not Press The Red Button ffs  ….if your name is Donald or Kim !!!

18 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

Press Blue and you get a picture of Hollowhead, (a blue tit)...

Press the Belly Button and a photo of Tomlin pops up...  

Do Not Press The Red Button ffs  ….if your name is Donald or Kim !!!

Image result for picture north korea cat nuclear button

3 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Had a reply back from Sky re tonight

They are having problems with software their end and the games will be shown tonight but are likely to be on the GREEN button

They are testing now and if it’s not on GREEN button they hope it will be on.BLUE button

Is that true?

2 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

Press Blue and you get a picture of Hollowhead, (a blue tit)…

PS.... If you press Yellow & Blue together... you get Green, spark up, and end up off yer tits!  ?

2 hours ago, Frenchay Red said:

No, those features don't work on red button games. Or at least they didn't on my Sky box.

I rang the so called technical department at Sky this morning. The Indian girl I spoke to did not like football and wasn't sure about the red button. However she went off and took advice and said that my HD box needed re-configurating (I think). She then talked me through the process, which probably took about 5-10 minutes. She then said that would fix the problem and that I would be able re-wind and pause during the match. She told me that I could only record when the match had started and not before.

Hope this works this evening and that it may be of help to those who, like me, have experienced a problem. Only time will tell.

7 hours ago, reddoh said:

Hope you have some friends who will let you watch later at theirs.

I’ve called the wife. Talked her through it and she’s (hopefully) successfully recorded it. 

Its on there now, according to her. Unless she’s recorded Teen Mom or summat instead! 

2 hours ago, jayjay said:

I rang the so called technical department at Sky this morning. The Indian girl I spoke to did not like football and wasn't sure about the red button. However she went off and took advice and said that my HD box needed re-configurating (I think). She then talked me through the process, which probably took about 5-10 minutes. She then said that would fix the problem and that I would be able re-wind and pause during the match. She told me that I could only record when the match had started and not before.

Hope this works this evening and that it may be of help to those who, like me, have experienced a problem. Only time will tell.

Interesting, and confusing!

I set the Villa game to record on Fri before I left for the game. And I just checked, tonight's game is now listed and therefore can be set to record before it starts.

5 hours ago, Frenchay Red said:

No, those features don't work on red button games. Or at least they didn't on my Sky box.

If you record it can you not rewind in game  and do your own replays ?

(Sounding all billy big b******x   !!! as ) can (on Sky Q) but I jumped past the Sky Plus / HD boxes so not familiar with their functions

The only reason I have it is I had to change my 20 yr old box and Q was all that was available ((Very good Tbf for anyone considering)

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

(Sounding all billy big b******x   !!! as ) can (on Sky Q) but I jumped past the Sky Plus / HD boxes so not familiar with their functions

The only reason I have it is I had to change my 20 yr old box and Q was all that was available ((Very good Tbf for anyone considering)

Hi, Bbsb. You probably can if you are recording while watching. I tried to do a pause and rewind on my hd box for recent away game  that I wasn't recording and a message came up saying something like function not available. 

I will try this evening, as I've set it to record (while I watching) ?

5 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

Hi, Bbsb. You probably can if you are recording while watching. I tried to do a pause and rewind on my hd box for recent away game  that I wasn't recording and a message came up saying something like function not available. 

I will try this evening, as I've set it to record (while I watching) ?

You'll probably have to watch it in the recording on the planner rather than via the red button to be able to pause still

38 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

My lad,s at uni and has sky Go through his lap top. No obvious red button option with the sky go app but anyone know if he’ll be able to get it ?

It won’t work on the app on a laptop - only an iPad/tablet or phone. He’ll need to use the Sky Sports app rather than Sky Go - live sport can be viewed on here if you have access to Sky Go though.

28 minutes ago, hodge said:

You'll probably have to watch it in the recording on the planner rather than via the red button to be able to pause still

Yes, that’s correct.

Main thing is that it’s there to record, so I can watch it delayed, after I’ve put kids to bed

41 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Yes you can definitely rewind. I’ve done it. Though I was watching it on playback so maybe it isn’t a function of watching live. 

Solution is to watch it on playback 2 seconds behind live time 

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

Yes you can definitely rewind. I’ve done it. Though I was watching it on playback so maybe it isn’t a function of watching live. 

Solution is to watch it on playback 2 seconds behind live time 

I can rewind live on Q

can then either fast forward and catch up with live or continue to watch the game a little delayed

51 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Right. I think I am about to do what I wasn't going to do, and subscribe to Sky Sports through Virgin Media.

Do I have to get the HD option or the standard def?

I only want it for the month, so trying to keep the cost to a minimum.

Apologies if this has been answered already.

Red button games in standard def. (Or a bit worse!)

Was still not giving me the option to record. However I have just turned the sky box on and off at the wall and that has done the trick - now happily recording so can watch, pause and rewind for replays. So if anyone is still having a problem I recommend the age old solution of turning it off and on again! I’m guessing the problem may have been caused by channel 403 changing to HD this week, although that doesn’t explain why last night’s matches were OK.

Archived