IGNORED

The Sky Red Button Thread (ALL NON "SAT 3PM" GAMES ARE ON RED BUTTON)

SStandUp

Part way through the first half I suddenly lost the match and it switched to YouTube showing Kylie Minogue! I’ve nothing against her, but that’s not what I want to watch. Luckily I got the match back quickly. Did anyone else have a Kylie moment?

2 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Part way through the first half I suddenly lost the match and it switched to YouTube showing Kylie Minogue! I’ve nothing against her, but that’s not what I want to watch. Luckily I got the match back quickly. Did anyone else have a Kylie moment?

I should be so lucky, …. lucky, lucky, lucky.... ! 

• SC&T Board Members
1 hour ago, myol'man said:

Anyone watching on red button in a pub anywhere? My local has shown all of the previous mid week games, but they are saying it's now been blocked for pubs?

Watched it in a village pub in North Somerset. Two hours of my life that I won't get back.

5 hours ago, Harry said:

I’ve called the wife. Talked her through it and she’s (hopefully) successfully recorded it. 

Its on there now, according to her. Unless she’s recorded Teen Mom or summat instead! 

Last time I asked my wife to record a game was 2008 when I got back home from wembley was to pissed off to watch but decided to watch it a few days later, when I went to the recording and it just said  "BRISTOL CITY FAILED" to record. I laughed and have never watched the game again.

1 minute ago, El Hombrecito said:

Were you watching live or from the recording? I did both - it was definitely in HD when watching it live, but looking back at the recording it was in SD. 

Yes, from recording.  I was about 10 minutes delayed (kids bedtime), so watched from planned. 

I’d caught up with the h-t break, so should’ve gone ‘live’

2 hours ago, robc said:

Anyone sure that the Sheff Wed game will be on the Red Button? It's the only Chamionship game on this Sunday - and there's no sign of it yet in the Planner?

During the (awful) Rotherham game the commentator said the Wednesday match would be on the red button 

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

How did you do that. Using Sky+ app I can’t see any option on ch403. Help!!!!!

Im away so sky q app not connected box

Dave - I’m drowning in understanding some of the modern gizmos ...

I don’t use my app atm but I’ve just checked my q box and it’s definitely on there

Would it be as simple as the app team havnt done their bit / links.   Yet 

They definitely keep saying the games are available through your Sky App (Theres not a Sky App and a Sky Q app is there ?)

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Dave - I’m drowning in understanding some of the modern gizmos ...

I don’t use my app atm but I’ve just checked my q box and it’s definitely on there

Would it be as simple as the app team havnt done their bit / links.   Yet 

They definitely keep saying the games are available through your Sky App (Theres not a Sky App and a Sky Q app is there ?)

There’s a Sky+ app, Sky Go, Sky Q and now Sky Sports. Will go and check all of them. Ta

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

There’s a Sky+ app, Sky Go, Sky Q and now Sky Sports. Will go and check all of them. Ta

My other thought is why would they have the recording / red button link up now ? ( as you couldn’t record on your I pad / tablet -?) 

I would have assumed the link would only come to the app when it’s ready to use (at start of program) ?

( No actual knowledge mate just thoughts .....probably all b****x mind !) 

I decided to sign up, to see this red button option.

These are my thoughts

Yes you can timer record the match see pictures below.

SO

I went to the TV guide on Sunday

approx 10:30am I pressed the goals extra option to tape the goal action at 1pm

When I did that, the option came up for recording the City match.

So then I plug the unit shown below into the DVD recorder and it worked.

DSC00846.JPG

DSC00845.JPG

I tried to use red button on both SKY sports 1 and 2 as the match was kicking off - nothing happened so assumed it wasn't available.  Half way through the second half I tried pressing red button from a different channel (106?) and got to see the action just as Wednesday were scoring the second goal. 

Wish I hadn't bothered.

Archived