Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

SStandUp

The Sky Red Button Thread (ALL NON "SAT 3PM" GAMES ARE ON RED BUTTON)

Yes, but it’s not in HD (it’s bitrate is barely suitable for SD let alone HD!) so it looks shite on most Full HD panel, and IMO pretty unwatchable on any large 4K panel. 

As an exile I was looking forward to being able to watch my team during the week, but after trying it a few times on other games, I doubt I’ll be able to stick it  

Having said all that, if the reports and posts from people coming out of the opening games are anything to go by, it might be a blessing in disguise!

• Like 1

I watch a bit of the Middlesbrough v Sheff Utd game when Forest v WBA was on. As others have said SD, will be home team local commentary, no replays and was only 1 camera angle! But it better than nothing!

52 minutes ago, kmpowell said:

Yes, but it’s not in HD (it’s bitrate is barely suitable for SD let alone HD!) so it looks shite on most Full HD panel, and IMO pretty unwatchable on any large 4K panel. 

As an exile I was looking forward to being able to watch my team during the week, but after trying it a few times on other games, I doubt I’ll be able to stick it  

Having said all that, if the reports and posts from people coming out of the opening games are anything to go by, it might be a blessing in disguise!

Stop boasting and buy a 5 inch black and white tv and it will look fine. :P

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, iamalagerdrinker said:

Will it have commentary? My landlord at the local said he’d put it on for me 

It should have commentary, although it'll likely only be 1 person with no co-comm. And as mentioned above, only 1 camera angle, no replays, no closeups. Very basic although of course it's better than nothing.

I believe for those who pay the £10 to watch on BCTV, you get more camera angles, replays, HD etc.

:laugh: Just imagining that you could have jumped into the future from the 70s or 80s, for that matter   into the modern world.....

City are playing at QPR on Tuesday,  are there radio updated with Herbie Gillam, on radio Bristol , anyone?   NOPE

You can watch it on Sky (uh?), on the red button (whaaa?), not in HD (stop it) , quality not perfect, but at least we'll be able to follow it somehow.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

I have Virgin but pay to have Sky Sports Main Event. Is this the channel to watch City on the red button ? 

No its sky sports football I believe

Edited by JBFC II

33 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

City are playing at QPR on Tuesday,  are there radio updated with Herbie Gillam, on radio Bristol , anyone?  

"...............all very disappointing"                as he usually summed up our away games !

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, slartibartfast said:

"...............all very disappointing"                as he usually summed up our away games !

and always sounded like he was coming from Mars

9 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

I have Virgin but pay to have Sky Sports Main Event. Is this the channel to watch City on the red button ? 

Don't think I'll bother by the sound of it horse

10 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Yes....no idea if you can record it though?  Anyone know?

Yes. I’ve set it to record so looks like you can. I did it in the Sky Sports Football channel, not the Main Event channel. 

Press record and it gives you 4 games to choose from. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

Can this be watched via NowTV?

in theory can’t you just get a day pass for £7.99 (or £1 on various auction sites) then watch it?

2 hours ago, Harry said:

Yes. I’ve set it to record so looks like you can. I did it in the Sky Sports Football channel, not the Main Event channel. 

You ******’ beauty....ta.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Harry said:

Yes, looks like you can.

Just done likewise and it says that it's set to record.

:fingerscrossed:   :fingerscrossed:   :fingerscrossed:

• Like 2

Prob a stupid question but I have Sky sports as part of Virgin package can you still access the Red Button?

1 hour ago, Super said:

Prob a stupid question but I have Sky sports as part of Virgin package can you still access the Red Button?

Yes

Edited by Vincent Vega
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, red panda said:

Or ultra high definition and 3D at Loftus Road 😀

Live action from PillarCam!

• Haha 3

It isn’t amazing coverage, no replays and one camera (this was the situation last week anyway). But being able to watch every away midweek game, I wouldn’t care if the tv was spitting acid at me. Looking forward to tomorrow night! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bh_red said:

Can this be watched via NowTV?

in theory can’t you just get a day pass for £7.99 (or £1 on various auction sites) then watch it?

No, there is no red button facility available on Now TV for SKY SPORTS.

8 hours ago, Harry said:

Can’t do that if you have virgin though sadly. Or not from what I can see. I’ve got the full sports package but no option to switch to a different game other than that one listed. 

1 minute ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Hi all, 

You can also watch City v QPR on BCTV+UK. Subscribe for £10 and get the away feed and our own in-house commentary. Believe Sky’s red button will be just single camera and no commentary. Here’s how:

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/watch-city-at-qpr-live-online-in-the-uk/

Is that a tenner for one away feed?

9 minutes ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Hi all, 

You can also watch City v QPR on BCTV+UK. Subscribe for £10 and get the away feed and our own in-house commentary. Believe Sky’s red button will be just single camera and no commentary. Here’s how:

What’s the broadcast resolution & bitrate of the feed?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, kmpowell said:

What’s the broadcast resolution & bitrate of the feed?

:laugh:. Most people here struggle just getting up in the morning...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, LondonBCFC said:

Anyone know how many tickets we've sold? Can't imagine it's high given it's QPR and its on TV... 

We had sold 890 at 2pm on saturday. After  our performance I expect that is up to 892 now

Assume its pay on day so probably over 1000 there

1 hour ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Hi all, 

Matt

Seeing you have responded to this thread, I started another thread yesterday which perhaps you can clarify how to watch the free video's on BCFC. If you try to watch the highlights of the last home game which states its free to watch only to be taken to a sign up page, is this an error or do we have to input payment details to watch free content?

https://bristolcitypayments.streamamg.com/account link video takes you to