IGNORED

The Sky Red Button Thread (ALL NON "SAT 3PM" GAMES ARE ON RED BUTTON)

SStandUp

30 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

Can I just clarify, I have Virgin with all Sky Sports Channels, will I be able to access the red button and watch the game? Will I be able to record it?

As far as I know - will be available on Sky Sports Football (Channel 513), but not on Sky Sports Main event (Channel 511), although main event will be showing the same game (Leeds? not sure!). 513 will be primarily showing the same game as Main Event, but by pressing the red button you will be able to select any of the other 3 Championship games, one of which will be QPR v City.  Not sure if this can be recorded, does not seem likely but we can only wait and see.  

4 hours ago, Super said:

Sky saying commentary on all games.

4 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Just advertised it at the end of the Palace-Liverpool match on Sky as 'Full match coverage with live commentary'.

Sky had commentary on the red button games I watched the other day

Apparently Downsy is the guest commentator for the BCTV feed 

:thumbsup::yes:

4 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Sky had commentary on the red button games I watched the other day

Apparently Downsy is the guest commentator for the BCTV feed 

:thumbsup::yes:

Can you imagine - “that was a brilliant 22 drop-out kick by Browning-Hill there nearly finding Eisenhausen on the right flank but the ball went over the white wash”

15 hours ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Hi all, 

You can also watch City v QPR on BCTV+UK. Subscribe for £10 and get the away feed and our own in-house commentary. Believe Sky’s red button will be just single camera and no commentary. Here’s how:

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/watch-city-at-qpr-live-online-in-the-uk/

15 hours ago, kmpowell said:

What’s the broadcast resolution & bitrate of the feed?

13 hours ago, RedDave said:

Good and very good

Suitable for a 50" screen in HD?

13 hours ago, ziderheadarmy said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45248695

is our game even being shown? 

Those games listed are where the clubs are part of the EFL Digital network. Both us and QPR are outside of this and have our own independent websites so we appear to be excluded from the listings the EFL are putting out.

13 hours ago, ziderheadarmy said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45248695

is our game even being shown? 

Those games listed are where the clubs are part of the EFL Digital network. Both us and QPR are outside of this and have our own independent websites so we appear to be excluded from the listings the EFL are putting out.

5 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

You know you we truly hit modern football, when people are moaning about resolutions and bitrates.

10 years ago people were happy watching SD feeds and actually seeing city on tv. Now people are moaning it’s not 4K. Mental. 

During part of our First Div days my Dads job took us to Cornwall 

Travelled up for most home games and some away but if I couldn’t make a game we utilised the modern technology

Out of Radio Bristol’s range I would ring my grandfather in Bristol and he would leave the receiver open would have the radio with radio Bristol on so I could listen to the commentary !!!

:laughcont:

#Parentseruptoverphonebill

9 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

You know you we truly hit modern football, when people are moaning about resolutions and bitrates.

10 years ago people were happy watching SD feeds and actually seeing city on tv. Now people are moaning it’s not 4K. Mental. 

30 years ago it was Phil Tottle on the radio!

23 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I rememberbeing happy with a few minutes on The Big Match on Sunday afternoon.

Always thought we hardly ever got a show on Big Match

And not to forget if we were really fortunate ...... a ( very rare) HTV Soccer Special’

Crazy to think how it is now

There’s games in the first division days that  I missed live and where I’ve never seen the goals and never will 

What about teletext? Remember many a time City playing away in the late 80s and 90s where we would have Radio Bristol on, where we were confined to reports every 15 mins or a short report if a goal had been scored, and filled in just watching the usually 3 pages of latest scores from our division on teletext (usually page 309 or 307). More often than not teletext gave us news of a goal being scored quicker than RB, hence the reason for having it on. Occasionally, it was the reverse and sometimes teletext went about 5 minutes after we had heard of a City goal on RB before updating it. I remember getting rather cheesed off on the odd occasion this did happen as I hated to think other clubs fans were seeing our incorrect score!

BBSB is correct, as far as I remember, we were hardly ever on The Big Match, as when we were at home on TV it was covered by a HTV Soccer Special which finished with a few highlights courtesy of what was on The Big Match and when we were away on TV the Big Match didn't usually choose to show our highlights (mainly because there tended not to be many). It's possible that some of our home game highlights appeared on The Big Match here and there but we wouldn't see it that week because of the HTV Soccer Special.

I recall walking home to Whitchurch up Hartcliffe Way after City drew with Man Utd  in 1977 and hearing the whole match commentary from RB being played as a delayed broadcast after the completion of the game. I cannot recall if this was a regular event for top flight home matches.

I can’t be the only one who literally doesn’t give a stuff about HD? As long as I can watch whatever I’m trying to watch, I couldn’t care less about it being in ridiculously high quality. Football for example, I want to watch the game, not see the detail in every blade of grass. Films I’m the same, I just want to watch it. 

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Always thought we hardly ever got a show on Big Match

And not to forget if we were really fortunate ...... a ( very rare) HTV Soccer Special’

Crazy to think how it is now

There’s games in the first division days that  I missed live and where I’ve never seen the goals and never will 

Remember that politics show then farmers weekly always on b4 the big match......best theme tune bar none and the London weekend TV opening credit

16 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

I can’t be the only one who literally doesn’t give a stuff about HD? As long as I can watch whatever I’m trying to watch, I couldn’t care less about it being in ridiculously high quality. Football for example, I want to watch the game, not see the detail in every blade of grass. Films I’m the same, I just want to watch it. 

Quite agree with you. A few years ago, iirc, they were showing football in 3D. Can't get my head around that. Like you I just need to be able to follow the action and current non HD does that perfectly well in my opinion. I don't need to be able to decipher what someone in the fourth row of the stand behind the goal has got tattooed on their arm.

I'm in my mid-50s and don't wear glasses yet. I have to admit my eyesight isn't quite as sharp as it once was but for me a cheaper option than HD would be the acquirement of a pair of NHS glasses to watch the footy with whether at AG or in front of the box. Everything would be in higher definition then.

2 hours ago, I'm Brian said:

Suitable for a 50" screen in HD?

Well that question seems to have caused a stir! The reason for the question is that I am considering inviting friends around to watch the online broadcast. Could be cosy if we all have to huddle around a laptop!

12 minutes ago, I'm Brian said:

Well that question seems to have caused a stir! The reason for the question is that I am considering inviting friends around to watch the online broadcast. Could be cosy if we all have to huddle around a laptop!

Tbf, it wasn't just you as others were concerned about screen resolutions and bitrates and how many cameras and close ups there'd be etc.

This reminds me about when I took my ex to the Avon Gorge Hotel for her birthday weekend in Feb 1996. She only agreed to go if I didn't take my radio to keep abreast of the City score at Brentford. Anyway, come 3pm, after we had walked across the bridge etc, I was getting a bit edgy, knowing City were playing and I didn't know how they were getting on. I suggested walking around the shops in Clifton hoping to come across people or businesses with Radio Bristol on and then but she wanted to return to the hotel. Then, as luck would have it, the hotel was holding a clairvoyance weekend. My ex was really taken by this but needed persuasion from me to spend £20 to have her palm read. I used this as the opportunity to return to our room to put the TV on. She wanted me to sit with her as her palm was read, but I cleverly stated that the palm reader might pick up some clues by my reactions and thus waste her 20 notes. She said that she hadn't thought of that and I was very thoughtful. It was being taped anyway, so I said I'd listen to it with her later when I wouldn't be responsible for causing any distraction or interference to the palm reader.

All that superb cunning was to no avail. I couldn't get ceefax on the TV in my room or any radio stations. It then struck me, in my despair, that I'd seen a couple of practitioners with crystal balls down in the area where the clairvoyance thingy was taking place. I actually considered going down there and asking them if they could get Griffin Park on their mystical contraptions and I even got my jacket to head asap down there before I then realized that it would be no good as they seen into the future, not the present, so I'd be paying out to see Brentford's next home match after their encounter with City!

1 hour ago, handsofclay said:

Quite agree with you. A few years ago, iirc, they were showing football in 3D. Can't get my head around that. Like you I just need to be able to follow the action and current non HD does that perfectly well in my opinion. I don't need to be able to decipher what someone in the fourth row of the stand behind the goal has got tattooed on their arm.

I'm in my mid-50s and don't wear glasses yet. I have to admit my eyesight isn't quite as sharp as it once was but for me a cheaper option than HD would be the acquirement of a pair of NHS glasses to watch the footy with whether at AG or in front of the box. Everything would be in higher definition then.

Not really, I wear glasses which helps me see the big difference between HD & SD. Bit like comparing quality HiFi separates and "stereo" systems. 

Anyway if it's only SD tonight that's still miles better than a dodgy internet stream!

The way things are it might be preferable to not see too much detail!!

53 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

Tbf, it wasn't just you as others were concerned about screen resolutions and bitrates and how many cameras and close ups there'd be etc.

This reminds me about when I took my ex to the Avon Gorge Hotel for her birthday weekend in Feb 1996. She only agreed to go if I didn't take my radio to keep abreast of the City score at Brentford. Anyway, come 3pm, after we had walked across the bridge etc, I was getting a bit edgy, knowing City were playing and I didn't know how they were getting on. I suggested walking around the shops in Clifton hoping to come across people or businesses with Radio Bristol on and then but she wanted to return to the hotel. Then, as luck would have it, the hotel was holding a clairvoyance weekend. My ex was really taken by this but needed persuasion from me to spend £20 to have her palm read. I used this as the opportunity to return to our room to put the TV on. She wanted me to sit with her as her palm was read, but I cleverly stated that the palm reader might pick up some clues by my reactions and thus waste her 20 notes. She said that she hadn't thought of that and I was very thoughtful. It was being taped anyway, so I said I'd listen to it with her later when I wouldn't be responsible for causing any distraction or interference to the palm reader.

All that superb cunning was to no avail. I couldn't get ceefax on the TV in my room or any radio stations. It then struck me, in my despair, that I'd seen a couple of practitioners with crystal balls down in the area where the clairvoyance thingy was taking place. I actually considered going down there and asking them if they could get Griffin Park on their mystical contraptions and I even got my jacket to head asap down there before I then realized that it would be no good as they seen into the future, not the present, so I'd be paying out to see Brentford's next home match after their encounter with City!

What was the score? 1 0 to Brentford?

14 hours ago, El Hombrecito said:

OK, sorry, I know this is going to sound a really dumb question, but humour me - I'm old, senile and technophobic, and I've never subscribed before to BCTV or any of that stuff.

So, how will this work exactly? I pay my £10 (after struggling with the maddeningly confusing online login procedure, for which my usual BCFC Season Ticket Holder's user name and password appear to be invalid, because I'm now dealing not with the football club itself, but Bristol Sport). Come KO time, I do what? Just go to the club website, click on a BCTV tab and sign in, and I'm good to go - is that all there is to it? Or does nobody actually know because this is the first time this service has been available?

Somebody give the old man a hand here.

4 minutes ago, CliftonCliff said:

OK, sorry, I know this is going to sound a really dumb question, but humour me - I'm old, senile and technophobic, and I've never subscribed before to BCTV or any of that stuff.

So, how will this work exactly? I pay my £10 (after struggling with the maddeningly confusing online login procedure, for which my usual BCFC Season Ticket Holder's user name and password appear to be invalid, because I'm now dealing not with the football club itself, but Bristol Sport). Come KO time, I do what? Just go to the club website, click on a BCTV tab and sign in, and I'm good to go - is that all there is to it? Or does nobody actually know because this is the first time this service has been available?

Somebody give the old man a hand here.

Basically it works as described. Once you've signed up and you have a valid subscription to the QPR game, just click on the link on the club website (it'll be the main story on the site) and if you're already signed in it should take you straight to the stream, or if not just log in and it will be available. 

Archived