Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

SStandUp

The Sky Red Button Thread (ALL NON "SAT 3PM" GAMES ARE ON RED BUTTON)

Recommended Posts

I got the same 😂 

Was confused our goal scorers. One we have sold and the other is still suspended 😱

Only got the first half though so didn’t have to kick the car again after throwing away a three goal lead 🤬

Edited by Red Army 79

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Red Army 79 said:

I got the same 😂 

Was confused our goal scorers. One we have sold and the other is still suspended 😱

Only got the first half though so didn’t have to kick the car again after throwing away a three goal lead 🤬

Does your 'car' look like this by any chance?

cat.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Monkeh said:

yea mine is doing the same,

its like reliving a nightmare,

If they do the hull game then the phone is going our the window

or the infamous Swansea away game...........*shudders

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if it's been mentioned elsewhere (if it has I've missed it), but just going through the live games tomorrow, and our game is coming up as a live game tomorrow on Sky Sports FL as one of the red button games. Also come up as a choice to record.

As I said, apologies if mentioned elsewhere, but a repost wouldn't hurt just in case you can't make the game tomorrow.

🤙

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, El Hombrecito said:

Thanks for that. Just set it to record. I didn't check the Sky website earlier this week and it wasn't listed.

Think it was only confirmed yesterday. Certainly wasn't listed before that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What are the rules on showing our games on the Red Button. I thought it was just midweek games, but on that basis tomorrow is being shown that other games on a Sunday will be viewable and Friday against Villa on the red button?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, daored said:

What are the rules on showing our games on the Red Button. I thought it was just midweek games, but on that basis tomorrow is being shown that other games on a Sunday will be viewable and Friday against Villa on the red button?

I thought this too, however it looks like all non Saturday 3pm games will be available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, daored said:

What are the rules on showing our games on the Red Button. I thought it was just midweek games, but on that basis tomorrow is being shown that other games on a Sunday will be viewable and Friday against Villa on the red button?

It`s looking that way now isn`t it, seems anything not 3pm Saturday is fair game.

Reading away is looking possible too as that`s a 12 noon kick off I think but is on a Saturday so will be an interesting test.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Red Right Hand said:

It`s looking that way now isn`t it, seems anything not 3pm Saturday is fair game.

Reading away is looking possible too as that`s a 12 noon kick off I think but is on a Saturday so will be an interesting test.

 

3 minutes ago, RobArnold10 said:

I thought this too, however it looks like all non Saturday 3pm games will be available.

Potentially could cost the club a few quid with reduced attendances? Just looked and Villa on a Friday night , Sheffield Wednesday and Milwall both on a Sunday which I’d assume would be available on sky?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, daored said:

 

Potentially could cost the club a few quid with reduced attendances? Just looked and Villa on a Friday night , Sheffield Wednesday and Milwall both on a Sunday which I’d assume would be available on sky?

It could I guess but Villa and Wednesday are still big games with a lot of travelling support so I doubt those two will be affected too much. Millwall, who knows?

It`s obviously a reaction from Sky to the games being available pay-per-view through the clubs. Take this month for instance, if you have Sky you can see all our games except Blades at home (assuming Villa is on the red button). If you do it through the club it would cost you 4 x £10 plus you wouldn`t be able to see the Wigan away game so Sky will be saying it`s good value to get a subscription - particularly as you`d get the cricket, F1 and other stuff (if you`re into that as well). Looking at October, there are three games that will be available (Rotherham A, Owls H & Hull H) and November there are potentially two (Reading A (?) & Ipswich A) so there`s another incentive.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

It`s looking that way now isn`t it, seems anything not 3pm Saturday is fair game.

Reading away is looking possible too as that`s a 12 noon kick off I think but is on a Saturday so will be an interesting test.

Reading is at 3 isn’t it? Hope so as it’s my birthday and I have plans to get steaming.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Wilkie boy said:

I can’t find it on my sky box at all?! How do I record it?

Ch403 - planner will be the Celtic game, but red button will work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Diddlydonkey said:

Reading is at 3 isn’t it? Hope so as it’s my birthday and I have plans to get steaming.

My apologies mate, just checked the OS and it`s the home game with them on Good Friday that`s a 12 noon KO.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, B-Rizzle said:

Does red button work on sky go app/website?

No, but I believe there is a separate Sky Sports app that will.  Not used it myself, just what I heard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Does anyone know of a stream?  I have checked hesgoal and cricfree and it's not listed.

Hesgoal usually adds streams some minutes before the start of the matches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Does anyone know of a stream?  I have checked hesgoal and cricfree and it's not listed.

£10 on BCTV or £110 for nearly all th le matches as you’re based in Tallinn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, daored said:

What are the rules on showing our games on the Red Button. I thought it was just midweek games, but on that basis tomorrow is being shown that other games on a Sunday will be viewable and Friday against Villa on the red button?

I think the minute bctv tried charging a tenner for the Blackburn game then sky decided we will take a feed and show it,paying the club you would imagine as well 

2 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

Support sky and you kill the game

Because before sky it was flourishing I guess 

Edited by joe jordans teeth
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mtimmy11 said:

Can you watch it on virgin media

Yes (assuming you have Sky Sports) but it is on the football channel (513 I think) not Main Event.  I will be going to the game as I don't live too far away and have Season Card, but I am sure that those living some distance away may not bother especially with a 1.30 kick off!

Edited by New Dazzler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching it on the tv is not a patch on ever being able to watch it at Ashton Gate. EVER. 

For one of the many that isn't able to get to most games throughout the season, it means we will be able to see a hell of a lot more of the team.

Paying a Sky subscription will not kill off the game. The game (at the top level) started dieing off when Premiership clubs started paying £100k+ a week.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Buzzing to realise this morning it's on Sky.

For me to get down the gate is a whole day and a 4-5 hour round trip. 

Obviusly I would pick being there every time, and would be far more often if I lived closer. When my daughter said she didn't want her season ticket anymore there went my excuse to go every week 😪...selfish little girl 😂.

But I have always wondered why Sky don't show more games. It seems this season common sense is finally prevailing. I HIGHLY doubt being on TV will affect attendances that much. Any anyhow🎣, wouldn't we rather filter out those fans who would pick the armchair option anyway...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, reformed_red said:

Buzzing to realise this morning it's on Sky.

For me to get down the gate is a whole day and a 4-5 hour round trip. 

Obviusly I would pick being there every time, and would be far more often if I lived closer. When my daughter said she didn't want her season ticket anymore there went my excuse to go every week 😪...selfish little girl 😂.

But I have always wondered why Sky don't show more games. It seems this season common sense is finally prevailing. I HIGHLY doubt being on TV will affect attendances that much. Any anyhow🎣, wouldn't we rather filter out those fans who would pick the armchair option anyway...

All our September games will be on available on Sky except Sheff.Utd home.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a suggestion, both times we've had a game on red button we've had several threads. Next time can we just have a thread pinned until the game with answers for questions so we don't get new threads repeating stuff been asked already?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bourne End Red said:

Can I just check that basically I cannot watch the game on my iPad or iPhone ?

i also cannot watch the game on sky go ?

Yes you can if you have the right package! I was away for the QPR game, so watched it on my iPad. I was able to because I’m with Virgin and have sky sports with them. I just signed in to the sky sports app via my virgin account.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, old_eastender said:

All our September games will be on available on Sky except Sheff.Utd home.

Really, so from Sky saying it was just the FULL 8 games are all our non 3pm Saturday games going to be on the Red Button now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sniper said:

Really, so from Sky saying it was just the FULL 8 games are all our non 3pm Saturday games going to be on the Red Button now?

I don’t think the Friday game against Villa or Sunday against Wednesday has been confirmed (yet)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

My phone basically blew up after clicking that link

😱

I'm watching it on my computer: did you close the ads by clicking on the little red X? Because if you click on other parts you can have problems...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dan Robin said:

😱

I'm watching it on my computer: did you close the ads by clicking on the little red X? Because if you click on other parts you can have problems...

Probably just my phone mate !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bourne End Red said:

Can I just check that basically I cannot watch the game on my iPad or iPhone ?

i also cannot watch the game on sky go ?

If you have a Sky Sports subscription Sky Go will not work, but if you install the Sky Sports app on your ipad or phone then you can watch it on there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...