IGNORED

It's time to support not slaughter.

barneyrubble

Ok Saturday showed we are nowhere near a top 6 club but with all the changes and injuries it was no big surprise. 

I have always felt proud to be a city fan even during far worse times than now.

People booing is frankly embarrassing and shows zero loyalty and even less understanding of the situation. 

We need to give them time to sort injuries get our centre forward back and let new players settle.

However bad the situation it is far better to support than criticise to turn the situation round .If you are having a bad day at work i know which option is preferable. 

We as a club need to recognise we have no right to success and accept that everyone in this league is competitive. 

Our support will get us through our criticism will only destroy what we have.

1 minute ago, Barney red said:

Ok Saturday showed we are nowhere near a top 6 club but with all the changes and injuries it was no big surprise. 

I have always felt proud to be a city fan even during far worse times than now.

People booing is frankly embarrassing and shows zero loyalty and even less understanding of the situation. 

We need to give them time to sort injuries get our centre forward back and let new players settle.

However bad the situation it is far better to support than criticise to turn the situation round .If you are having a bad day at work i know which option is preferable. 

We as a club need to recognise we have no right to success and accept that everyone in this league is competitive. 

Our support will got us through our criticism will only destroy what we have.

Good post , absolutely collectively we are stronger. The problem with the championship is it’s becoming more and more premier league 2 with the distribution of funds to a select few. I’m not sure we can or want to compete financially. 

However, the frustration is you see a club like Leeds, virtually the same starting 11 as last season, but they are disciplined, well drilled with good coaching 

Thank our lucky stars we are not QPR, Sheffield Weds, Reading, Brum and a few others

We are not a top 6 club in terms of finance but with our squad (when fit) are more than capable of competing with the rest and that’s where we are at the moment 

Some on this forum are deluded if they think we are good enough at the moment to be other than a mid table team. 3 games in and we have lost one league game and but for a stupid defensive error and hitting the woodwork we competed with a club who fit the top 6 profile. A bit of perspective needs to be applied

5 minutes ago, Barney red said:

The happy clappers such as yourself need to recognise that if the ambition of the club is to play top flight football again, then there are really only a couple of factors needed to do that.  Sadly the actions don’t match the words  

Year in year out we hear the ‘get behind the team’ spiel rolled out, but personally I’ve had enough. We were making steady progress, but we are now where we are because of inexcusable failings.

1. We took the eye off the ball and got carried away with that meaningless cup nonsense in December last year.

2. We didn’t strengthen in any of the transfer windows.

3. We sold three of our best players and didn’t replace.

4. We have a tactically wise coach, but he’s inexperienced and clearly needs experienced support to get us through tough times.

Look back to that fateful 2007/2008 season and look at the teams who were around us at the time, then look at how they’ve progressed and grown in comparison to us.

So forgive me for not getting behind the team, but I’ve heard it all before, too many times. Until the club start putting actions behind their words, then I sit on the apathetic fence and will continue to be happy at good form but totally unsurprised by any dismal results and form.

7 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Thank our lucky stars we are not QPR, Sheffield Weds, Reading, Brum and a few others

We are not a top 6 club in terms of finance but with our squad (when fit) are more than capable of competing with the rest and that’s where we are at the moment 

Some on this forum are deluded if they think we are good enough at the moment to be other than a mid table team. 3 games in and we have lost one league game and but for a stupid defensive error and hitting the woodwork we competed with a club who fit the top 6 profile. A bit of perspective needs to be applied

Agree our squad (even now without the 3 that have left)  is more then capable of competing for a mid table position. Trouble is our marmite head coach's record of delivering just 4 wins in 25 league games in 2018 is not mid table, it's RELEGATION form!

14 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

You mention if you are having a bad day at work, if you were being paid a very impressive wage but kept turning bad performances day in day out. What do you think would happen to you?

Is it an impressive wage for this level in the grand scheme of things? 

It’s unfortunate that LJ’s most consistent experience has been managing dips and he was allowed to rid of the back room staff that had experience in reversing that trend - he never finished his apprenticeship so he can’t handle the pressure, demonstrated by his selections and reluctance to sub his worst players before it’s too late to save the game

41 minutes ago, INCRED said:

When is our squad ever fit?

34 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Competed with Boro? 

Do you really believe that we did? 

To me it seemed like the big kids at school, taking the dinner money off the first year infants. We huffed and puffed a bit in the second half but we're Boro ever in any real danger if conceding. 

Think we gave it a decent go in the second half personally, but Middlesbrough definitely played within themselves. Had one of those chances (think the 2 which hit the woodwork) gone in we could have had a late rally- but I think they had another gear tbh.

56 minutes ago, Barney red said:

Our support will get us through our criticism will only destroy what we have.

Thing is, for those of us of a certain generation we've been here before. City, once again, are, I fear, about to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. As I happen to enjoy watching football, and as City have been my team for over 50 years, I'll be at QPR tomorrow and Swansea on Saturday, cheering them on. I'm not planning on boo-ing. My criticisms are reserved for those behind the scenes who at the moment show every sign of reverting to type and making their customary pigs-ear of things.

6 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Think we gave it a decent go in the second half personally, but Middlesbrough definitely played within themselves. Had one of those chances (think the 2 which hit the woodwork) gone in we could have had a late rally- but I think they had another gear tbh.

Yes, their new players seem to have settled...........

I remember Joe Bryan’s comments  - saying that the crowds booing and negativity (particularly from the Dolman) really got the players down and doesn’t help.

If you feel the need to boo, after 3 league games, you perhaps need to think why you are even at the game. Why on earth would you boo you own team ? Never understood that.

1 hour ago, AshtonPark said:

You mention if you are having a bad day at work, if you were being paid a very impressive wage but kept turning bad performances day in day out. What do you think would happen to you?

They don’t keep turning bad performance, the performance have been very good imo we just can’t finish our chances atm. I’m pretty sure we will find our spark in front of goal soon.

1 hour ago, kmpowell said:

The happy clappers such as yourself need to recognise that if the ambition of the club is to play top flight football again, then there are really only a couple of factors needed to do that.  Sadly the actions don’t match the words  

Year in year out we hear the ‘get behind the team’ spiel rolled out, but personally I’ve had enough. We were making steady progress, but we are now where we are because of inexcusable failings.

1. We took the eye off the ball and got carried away with that meaningless cup nonsense in December last year.

2. We didn’t strengthen in any of the transfer windows.

3. We sold three of our best players and didn’t replace.

4. We have a tactically wise coach, but he’s inexperienced and clearly needs experienced support to get us through tough times.

Look back to that fateful 2007/2008 season and look at the teams who were around us at the time, then look at how they’ve progressed and grown in comparison to us.

So forgive me for not getting behind the team, but I’ve heard it all before, too many times. Until the club start putting actions behind their words, then I sit on the apathetic fence and will continue to be happy at good form but totally unsurprised by any dismal results and form.

we do appear to be doing things on the cheap (relatively) and we know how that usually turns out! 

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

Competed with Boro? 

To me it seemed like the big kids at school, taking the dinner money off the first year infants. We huffed and puffed a bit in the second half but we're Boro ever in any real danger if conceding. 

I would say yes they were, there keeper made a really really good save from Paterson, we hit the wood work twice, are you actually for real? 

9 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

I remember Joe Bryan’s comments  - saying that the crowds booing and negativity (particularly from the Dolman) really got the players down and doesn’t help.

If you feel the need to boo, after 3 league games, you perhaps need to think why you are even at the game. Why on earth would you boo you own team ? Never understood that.

Where to begin?

Please explain if you bought a season ticket in March and you are not happy with the summer transfer dealings, Chuckle Brothers football and relegation form how I should address my concerns to  the club.

They do not have a customer service department to deal with such matters or provide full refunds  if I am disatisfied with the product.

One expresses appreciation with applause on Saturday you could have heard a pin drop, so as a consequence at the end of the match there was muted booing.

Unless matters on the field improve I'm afraid the volume will only increase

I will slaughter all day Long. IT IS NOT 3 GAMES IN. We have been dreadful since January. No away wins in 15!!! 24 points in 23 games or something along those lines. That's absolutely shocking.

When fans pays hundreds of £££ they have every right to boo. Its football. It's a performance. If it isn't good enough they must know.

I will get behind a team that's working hard and playing well but losing but a performance like that, Manager and players need to be made aware. It in fact can boost a team at half time.

Roll on relegation battle with the new squad we got and new captain

2 hours ago, daored said:

Good post , absolutely collectively we are stronger. The problem with the championship is it’s becoming more and more premier league 2 with the distribution of funds to a select few. I’m not sure we can or want to compete financially. 

However, the frustration is you see a club like Leeds, virtually the same starting 11 as last season, but they are disciplined, well drilled with good coaching 

Uncomfortable truth.

1 hour ago, bs20ciderarmy said:

I would say yes they were, there keeper made a really really good save from Paterson, we hit the wood work twice, are you actually for real? 

Yes, I'm for real. Sixty eight years I've supported City. I've smelt relegation seven times in those years and at this moment, I can smell another one coming unless some drastic changes are made. 

Boro cruised through that match. Never in trouble and even if we'd nicked a goal, they would almost certainly have scored a third. 

2 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Competed with Boro? 

Yes they were we hit the bar twice 

3 hours ago, INCRED said:

I'm fine with that if we start to show we are good enough to be a mid-table team. Our form since January would not land us in the middle of the table and we have not yet won this season. I'm happy to assess where we are 6 league games in - when we reach the international break - but, if we are winless, as I am increasingly fearing we may be, then we will already be in a relegation fight. 

2 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

I have never booed our team and never will but you point about why am i here is at the front of my mind at the moment. During and after both forest and boro i have asked myself this question. I have had season ticket for as long as i can remember but never felt quite the way i do now. A few more mind numbing performances like that and i fear i will be off for good. Its not just me, you can hear a pin drop in the stadium a tell tell indication that all is not well. If the aim of the game is to bore people rigid then we are in the champions league final.

4 hours ago, AshtonPark said:

My Boss would call me into the office and tell me the aspects of my performance that need to improve. As a 50 year old bloke he wouldn’t stand there like a dick and boo at me when I finish work at the end of the day!!

Criticism on here is fine, it’s a forum but seeing grown men booing other grown men who possess about 500 times the talent is a bit childish and, as wrong as it is, you can see why footballers get into the trap of thinking fans are mugs who pay to watch them, especially when they have the name of said player on the back of their shirt ?

I really dont understand the divine right a large majority of this football club seem to think we have to win every single game I am trying to put my finger on when it manifested.. We compete in the championship and we will continue to work towards continual improvement as demonstrated year on year. Some people would enjoy the ride a lot more if they remembered a time when this feeling of divine right wasn't rife through the fan base, the team would get a lot more support and ironically we would probably do better on the pitch.

The second irony being that the majority of these people with short fuses on performance and expectations at the moment are no doubt ones who 'hark back to the glory days' of football when you could stand/swear/get in a fight and hate everything about modern football, however the short-termism of football these days, expecting a new manager to come in and work magic and win every game seems to of been one property of modern football they have well and truly embraced

Johnson supports are called deluded, but often irony is missed by the stupid.

2 hours ago, Ciderandred said:

I will slaughter all day Long. IT IS NOT 3 GAMES IN. We have been dreadful since January. No away wins in 15!!! 24 points in 23 games or something along those lines. That's absolutely shocking.

When fans pays hundreds of £££ they have every right to boo. Its football. It's a performance. If it isn't good enough they must know.

I will get behind a team that's working hard and playing well but losing but a performance like that, Manager and players need to be made aware. It in fact can boost a team at half time.

In that case have a think who is really to blame!! The players are putting in the effort, anyone who says otherwise is mad, but if they’re not up to it who brought them in? Who sanctioned it? Who is responsible for a policy that sees us replace A grade players leaving for better things with B grade players? In a league where we are one of the poorer clubs. It’s not the players that’s for sure. Club policy and recruitment starts with the Benefactor then the CEO and Manager at this club not the players.

2 hours ago, Ciderandred said:

I pay hundreds of £££ to watch football matches.  I don't insist on a guarantee of success.  I accept that there are 24 teams in the Championship and that only three of them will succeed materially at the end of the season.  Of course I prefer to see my team win, but that's not why I buy a season ticket.  I do that because I like watching football, and I want to be entertained, preferably by my own club. 

3 minutes ago, Fjmcity said:

I really dont understand the divine right a large majority of this football club seem to think we have to win every single game I am trying to put my finger on when it manifested.. We compete in the championship and we will continue to work towards continual improvement as demonstrated year on year. Some people would enjoy the ride a lot more if they remembered a time when this feeling of divine right wasn't rife through the fan base, the team would get a lot more support and ironically we would probably do better on the pitch.

The second irony being that the majority of these people with short fuses on performance and expectations at the moment are no doubt ones who 'hark back to the glory days' of football when you could stand/swear/get in a fight and hate everything about modern football, however the short-termism of football these days, expecting a new manager to come in and work magic and win every game seems to of been one property of modern football they have well and truly embraced

Johnson supports are called deluded, but often irony is missed by the stupid.

This is interesting.

Touched upon it on another thread- not so much the 'glory days of football' element, but it seems to me- perhaps it's linked to the cost of tickets and wages for players now, but it seems as fans perhaps we expect more than hope.

By which I mean, the chicken and egg scenario...who should take the initiative. Should the fans in a game in which we are technically underdogs take the lead and get right noisy, create a hostile, partisan atmosphere for the players to feed off, or should it be that a quick start by the players gets the fans going?  

Used (by which I mean not so long ago) to be more of the former, now it seems to be shifting towards the latter.

Don't think Pulis got a particularly hostile reception either which surprised me.

Archived