IGNORED

Ricky Marsh RIP

Ska Junkie

Putting this on here as I know a few of the "older ones" would have known Rick who was from Bath, he passed away suddenly aged 57 I think, top City lad , could be a bit over exuberant at times to say the least but was City through and through. Spent many away days with him over the years and it was never dull with Ricky around. He was City till he died. RIP mate.

• Admin

Agree really sad news, saw a message from Ben earlier 

Had some crazy away days over the years with him, but like above he was always 100% a true red 

RIP

(On Facebook there is a message asking for people to join in a minutes applause against Blackburn) 

4 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Jut heard that one of our own has passed on.

R.I.P Rick Marsh, god bless mate. A top, top man and a huge City fan.

Absolutely gutted. 

Omg

Thanks Ska

Went to many games with Ricky and  @GasDestroyer

Also went to England games Home and abroad with him

Complete character and never a quiet moment or trip

Absolutely lived for his Saturdays following City and all that brought

Gutted

RIP mate

Just one story sums Ricky up

We were planning to go to Wembley in 88 to watch England v Dutch

Problem was come the day Marshys girlfriend had gone into Labour 

‘You obviously won’t be coming Rick’

RM.   ’’**** that pick me up, at the back of the maternity unit’

when we picked him up I asked him if his gf was ok with him going

RM ‘She doesn’t know , told her I was going for some fags’

We drove as usual and caught the tube and a few beers across London with the usual arrangement we’d meet back at the car after the game

We Lost Ricky (Not unusual) that day as he had got drinking with some of West Ham’s finest

He never made it back to the car and returned to Bath ...... two days later .......

Bless him

Hi All, I just had the message from BBSB. Many on here know me. I am truly gutted to hear about Rick.

He was old skool Bristol City. Has not been to football for a while and was living in Thailand for a while.

I met Ricky through BBSB and others. We went to football for best part of 7/8 years together back in the 80s. England away also. Ricky was a person you would never forget - he had a great way with people. He was a genuine likeable rogue but always made people laugh. Too many stories to tell on here. He was a good guy at heart. You would meet Ricky for the 1st time and within 20 minutes, think you had known him all your life. Such an easy guy to get on with.

Dont want to tell any stories on here as many will read too much into them but just to say I spent a few nights in the nick with him on away days. Many of the old skool will know him on here (including @BobBobSuperBob, the Taunton lot, KW Boogie crew, Shirehapton boys , Timsbury lads @weepywall and many others.

We are probably all out of pocket from knowing him, but who cares. Life is about people and experiences of which Ricky gave me loads of them. Unfortunately I lost touch with him on the last banning order he got (Gas home). Hence Thailand was a preferred option for him in recent years. I had some truly unforgettable days out with Rick that Bristol City allowed me to experience back in the 80s and 90s. 

I am gutted tonight. 

RIP Ricky Marsh - one of our own.

4 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Jut heard that one of our own has passed on.

R.I.P Rick Marsh, god bless mate. A top, top man and a huge City fan.

Absolutely gutted. 

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Agree really sad news, saw a message from Ben earlier 

Had some crazy away days over the years with him, but like above he was always 100% a true red 

RIP

(On Facebook there is a message asking for people to join in a minutes applause against Blackburn) 

Would either of you guys , (or anyone else who becomes aware) post the details of Ricky’s funeral if you hear of it (I don’t do Facebook)

Ta

1 minute ago, GasDestroyer said:

Hi All, I just had the message from BBSB. Many on here know me. I am truly gutted to hear about Rick.

He was old skool Bristol City. Has not been to football for a while and was living in Thailand for a while.

I met Ricky through BBSB and others. We went to football for best part of 7/8 years together back in the 80s. England away also. Ricky was a person you would never forget - he had a great way with people. He was a genuine likeable rogue but always made people laugh. Too many stories to tell on here. He was a good guy at heart. You would meet Ricky for the 1st time and within 20 minutes, think you had known him all your life. Such an easy guy to get on with.

Dont want to tell any stories on here as many will read too much into them but just to say I spent a few nights in the nick with him on away days. Many of the old skool will know him on here (including @BobBobSuperBob, the Taunton lot, KW Boogie crew, Shirehapton boys , Timsbury lads @weepywall and many others.

We are probably all out of pocket from knowing him, but who cares. Life is about people and experiences of which Ricky gave me loads of them. Unfortunately I lost touch with him on the last banning order he got (Gas home). Hence Thailand was a preferred option for him in recent years. I had some truly unforgettable days out with Rick that Bristol City allowed me to experience back in the 80s and 90s. 

I am gutted tonight. 

Fantastic words mate, sums him up, will be sadly missed by plenty.

1 minute ago, GasDestroyer said:

Cheers weepy. Hope you keeping well bud. Sad news.

I'm fine mate, real bad news, he was a City legend no doubt about it .

7 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Would either of you guys , (or anyone else who becomes aware) post the details of Ricky’s funeral if you hear of it (I don’t do Facebook)

Ta

I'll let you know as soon as I hear.

3 minutes ago, GasDestroyer said:

I am gutted tonight. 

Great post mate

Youve summarised him brilliantly and it made me smile reading it 

‘Out of pocket’ :laughcont: Blimey ... you can say that again.  Ha ha

He was singularly the biggest risk of finding yourself in trouble on an away day 

That sounds terrible and he was a really good lad .-he just always managed to find any chaos  :laughcont:

As we’ve said many times

He lived life at full throttle and has probably drunk and consumed other things that would keep the population of Bristol partying for a couple of nights !!

He had a great time mate and lived life to the full 

• Admin
17 minutes ago, GasDestroyer said:

He was a good guy at heart. You would meet Ricky for the 1st time and within 20 minutes, think you had known him all your life. Such an easy guy to get on with.

Life is about people and experiences of which Ricky gave me loads of them.

@GasDestroyerthis is so spot on, got to know Ricky and his lad Ben through away days on the yellow submarine coach. He always took time for a chat and ask how I was, which is something I'll never forget.

Plenty of laughs and crazy experiences but was one of the nicest people you could meet 

1 minute ago, archie andrews said:

as others have said really saddened by the news ….he was in dolman v forest first game back off ban

rip rick and condolences to family

Didn’t know that Archie

Thanks

Just feel sad at the irony his ban had only just ended , but

Glad he got back to the Gate bless him 

6 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Didn’t know that Archie

Thanks

Just feel sad at the irony his ban had only just ended , but

Glad he got back to the Gate bless him 

That would have been good as he saw his beloved City before passing. That is how he would have wanted it.

Average age 45-50’ish. :laugh:.

4 minutes ago, harrys said:

That’s right, along with a few other shall we say “older” City fans ?

Ricky and Rovers was like mixing oil with water. I could tell some good stories on here but not going to out of respect. Just to say Ricky hated them with a passion that was scary at times. Passionate City fan.

Reading this thread through , including my own posts, some may (understandably) get the wrong impression of Ricky

Please don’t 

I should say he was one hell of a character , consumed an incredible amount of alcohol which would be his undoung as most of his few arrests at football were for being drunk or doing daft things

(like the Miners where he threw a plastic pint glass !)

He did get (And us on many occasions) into many a scrape , nearly always after one or two too many , and lived life on the edge , but wasn’t nasty and was a bloke who also would be the first bloke to help or defend any City fan

or help the old lady across the road 

He was a diehard Red who loved his football and City as much as anyone I’ve met

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Reading this thread through , including my own posts, some may (understandably) get the wrong impression of Ricky

Please don’t 

I should say he was one hell of a character , consumed an incredible amount of alcohol which would be his undoung as most of his few arrests at football were for being drunk or doing daft things

(like the Miners where he threw a plastic pint glass !)

He did get (And us on many occasions) into many a scrape , nearly always after one or two too many , and lived life on the edge , but wasn’t nasty and was a bloke who also would be the first bloke to help or defend any City fan

or help the old lady across the road 

He was a diehard Red who loved his football and City as much as anyone I’ve met

Great words very true, pleasure to know him, could always make you smile and sometimes dispair, that was Ricky !!

Archived