IGNORED

Crystal Palace- selhurst park

MC RISK77

8 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Not surprised about Millwall atmosphere wise tbh. What did surprise me a tad was plenty of our fans in block I was in (was quite high up in it also) sat down. Obviously I sat, didn't want to block views but would have  preferred standing with mates having a good sing.

Upton Park had a good atmosphere too, Bramall Lane not terribly surprised about somehow..got a mate who is a West Ham fan and he thinks big mistake, disappointment for them to leave Upton Park. Think he's in no minority either! Ninian Park was, well never been, but surely a rather hostile and noisy atmosphere, especially when they played us?

Just move to where people are stood next time, if I was forced to sit in my correct seat at away games I wouldn’t ever bother going.

Our fans are pretty bad when it comes to standing but really all standing away ends are only a thing when it comes to big clubs and Millwall. Of course, our fans get very very defensive about it when anyone criticises it yet 8000 of us managed it at Man City no problem... If the games big enough then all our fans will stand but it’s rare. Interested to see what it’s like at Swansea given the demand for the game.

11 hours ago, Spoons said:

Good. Completely copied from Italy. Not original.

And their (current) nickname was completely copied from Benfica too. 

They do like nicking things. I wonder if they have any links to the Gas.

12 hours ago, MC RISK77 said:

Is there a better atmosphere anywhere in England...loud and proud in all areas of the ground and an ultra section that looks welcomed by the club.

Loftus Road is always good and if the place is full-ish. City always take a good contingent; how many tonight?

11 hours ago, MC RISK77 said:

I couldn’t care less for palace as a club but you saying the atmosphere is not good compared to the sterile unsupported effort that is dished up at Ashton gate.

small hostile ground that they make the most of must be worth some points during the season

Crystal Palace and Hostile - never thought I’d see those words together

1 hour ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Just move to where people are stood next time, if I was forced to sit in my correct seat at away games I wouldn’t ever bother going.

Our fans are pretty bad when it comes to standing but really all standing away ends are only a thing when it comes to big clubs and Millwall. Of course, our fans get very very defensive about it when anyone criticises it yet 8000 of us managed it at Man City no problem... If the games big enough then all our fans will stand but it’s rare. Interested to see what it’s like at Swansea given the demand for the game.

Well tbh, the 'unique' arrangements of Millwall away caught me out a tad. Missed a train between London Bridge and South Bermondsey because it was cancelled- presumably that was on police advice- or just crap rail service? In 10-15 mins late anyway. :dunno:

Yeah, there were a few seats at the top of the block which clearly wouldn't have blocked anyone's view...but they were a bit scattered. I'd do it differently next time. I suppose my naive assumption was twofold, as in it was a big game for us, 7th, Millwall away doesn't strike me as a game like say Reading which is increasingly more of a family day out so most people would be a) Standing and b) Inclined to be standing. 8,000 all stood at Man City as you so rightly point out, thought with 7th v 8th as it was, level on points and a point off the playoffs that would go down as a pretty big game- not glamour but in all other respects.

Not everyone can stand of course, and I respect and get that but a sort of self-policing- something I slightly naively assumed here- of standing at the back, say the back half of blocks, sitting at the front half I generally thought likely. Was 3rd or 4th row from the back row in my block and yet frequently sat down. Like I say, will do it different next time.

Archived