IGNORED

Odowda

simon uk

1 hour ago, Super said:

Totally agree. Bizarre that neither were brought on at the weekend.

Agree

It sounds negative - 

But at 2-0 in the second half I thought the game looked dead

For that reason alone I would have seen throwing Eisa on for 30 mins as a free hit (No great expectancy - He’s still , understandably very raw) 

Give him some game time for development if nothing else and if he poached one and got us back in it a great bonus

As for Elliasson I thought it was a perfect opportunity to throw him on and say ‘Nothing to lose , no pressure , get out there, get on the ball and beat your man and have shots and get crosses in’

54 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Like all the players, CoD hasn’t played enough games yet to judge his return but Ciderheaf Abroad make an excellent point earlier.

No doubt that when he’s fully fit he’s a useful addition. Quick with good feet and with a goal in him, 

Nah there's nothing nearly 270 minutes (not including the Plymouth match) of watching him play this season tells us. Nothing at all.. ?

People judged Diony even though i'm somewhat sure he played the similar amount of minutes for us as CoD has this season. 

I’ve always had a niggle in the back of my mind about O’Dowda - I know there were a number of staff at his former club that were absolutely delighted to get the money they did from us. Many there doubted he had the potential to hit the level that City seemed to believe he could.

Hopefully it is injury related (be it mental or physical), and our faith in his development turns out to be accurate.

48 minutes ago, Sturny said:

Nah there's nothing nearly 270 minutes (not including the Plymouth match) of watching him play this season tells us. Nothing at all.. ?

People judged Diony even though i'm somewhat sure he played the similar amount of minutes for us as CoD has this season. 

In fairness I wouldn't say CoD being on the pitch is anywhere near as pointless as Diony being on the pitch.

During Diony's substitute appearances I'm not sure he would have contributed less if he simply threw his boots onto the pitch and remained sat in the dugout.

6 minutes ago, Rich_s said:

In fairness I wouldn't say CoD being on the pitch is anywhere near as pointless as Diony being on the pitch.

During Diony's substitute appearances I'm not sure he would have contributed less if he simply threw his boots onto the pitch and remained sat in the dugout.

I agree but people judged Diony for the amount of minutes he played for us but not CoD for roughly the same amount of time this season. 

Tbf though CoD has come back from injury but still had a full pre season in him I believe? 

Or is this down to LJ again, telling players how to play the game and not using their own natural ability, Or playing players out of position. Judging by results i would say LJ has pissed players off and they are only given 90%

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Obvious Goalscorers from the bench ? 

None.

Eisa would be the most likely but not tested at all this level.

If he’s not ready to bring on when trailing at home but with our tails up then why was  he the only out and out striker reinforcement we bought in this summer?

Weimann is classy and works hard but needs a target man up with him. Far too much riding on the second coming of Fam IMHO.

Summer business starting to show the cracks already unfortunately. 

COD is an interesting one. He's marmite and I love marmite. Personally I believe he will be the real stand-out this season (I wish he would hurry up though!). His injury was very serious and it will take him a while longer to regain his form and confidence. I also think there is something Martin O'Neill is doing to get more out of him. I streamed the ROI Vs USA game and Callum was exceptional. He had a free reign all across the middle

3 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Am I not right in thinking he’s played for Republic Of Ireland and had a stormer (Lauded by Martin O’Neil)  , Possibly in a game out in US ?

since his injury

Yes he did perhaps Martin o Neil knows how to get the best out of players where as Lee seems to get the worst out of them

1 hour ago, June Bailey said:

COD is an interesting one. He's marmite and I love marmite. Personally I believe he will be the real stand-out this season (I wish he would hurry up though!). His injury was very serious and it will take him a while longer to regain his form and confidence. I also think there is something Martin O'Neill is doing to get more out of him. I streamed the ROI Vs USA game and Callum was exceptional. He had a free reign all across the middle

Ah right in the position that is owned at BCFC by Mr Paterson and sponsored by LJ.

5 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Not sure our style of play gets the best from him M, or fully utilises his assets

Ive seen him as a player at his best whose a runner (More than just a runner) , (Darren Anderson ish) ,pacy , comfortable on ball, and a runner with and without the ball who would thrive  in a counterattacking fast / mobile side

I think our play is too slow normally to utilise his strengths

Hes can beat players but not a player to give to in a tight more congested area and expect miracles  

Does our style of play get the best out of anyone?

5 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

I thought he was seriously growing into his role before he got injured (at Sunderland, I believe?) and was one of our best players up to that point.

I've been disappointed with his contribution since return from injury though. 

He was frustratingly ineffective until that Sunderland game. Then things clicked and he looked a different player, for a short time until his injury away at Hull. 

8 hours ago, pillred said:

yes it was, I know we ONLY paid £1.5 million for him but 2-0 down needing something (anything) different upfront, why he was not given any chance to show what he could do was in my opinion a missed opportunity, why did we bother signing him if when we need a goal he was not even tried.

Have you seen his goal/assist stats? That'll probably be why

4 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

Have you seen his goal/assist stats? That'll probably be why

what 25 goals in the last season he was actually shown some faith in by his manager, and yes I do know it was in league 2 (yawn)! think maybe I'm talking about a different player (sorry) thought we were discussing Eisa.

Archived