IGNORED

Queens Park Rangers v Bristol City Match Day 4

31 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Anyone else got an odd feeling that LJ may already be half out the door?  Holden' s pre match interview sounded more like that of a Head Coach, whereas LJ's last interview almost appeared to be a 'back me with more money (not happened as far as we know re any loan coming in) or sack me'

Don't think things are too happy behind the scenes with LJ

But guess most if not all of you suspect I am seeing trouble where there isn't any

anyone know whether SL will be at tonight's game?

They have always shared press duties.

Perhaps Lee is trying to tie up some loan deals . Couldn't we just loan Preston for a season ? 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I’m sure he is aware and won’t like it. But I still think that’s it’s not in isolation a very useful stat. 

Extreme examples of course - but if you only create one CCC per game but are excellent defensively and prolific when those chances do come then you may win the league. Whereas you may play scintillating attacking football and create 5 CCC per game, but if you squander more than you take and can’t keep the ball out of your own net you may well get relegated. 

All that aside let’s just hope for a positive performance and result tonight. I think the reaction to Saturday was massively over the top, however I do appreciate the fact that it’s not just about these 3 games this season. 

It's a useful because it shows what I have been banging on about for ages, we run out of ideas in and around the opponents box and that makes us easy to set up against as we have seen in every game this season including Plymouth, let us have possession and put 5 men across the 18 yard line and we struggle to score and the longer a game goes on and if ala Boro we haven't already gifted the opposition goals, we will over commit in midfield and then a simple ball over the top will catch us out every time.

As for the highlighted portion, I don't think it was especially given LJ's post match interview and I also think that the discussion was mainly fair and balanced, there will always be the more extreme on either side of any discussion.

17 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I suggest that as I said to another poster take a look at the Forest equaliser, Bolton's 2nd goal, Plymouth's goal and Boro's 2nd there was not a tackle in sight, that must be important?

True.

For both Boro goals we might as well have nodded it into our own net. Cut out the middlemen.  :facepalm:

Just now, Red-Robbo said:

True.

For both Boro goals we might as well have nodded it into our own net. Cut out the middlemen.  :facepalm:

The first goal was a comedy of errors and a long lumped ball, the 2nd goal at least involved passing and not one tackle, piss poor closing down allowing a simple cross and Hunt had lost Assambalonga he didn't even know he was there until the wrestling match started and one man wanted it more and proved it by scoring, it was probably a foul but Hunt needed to do better and to be much stronger.

2 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

The first goal was a comedy of errors and a long lumped ball, the 2nd goal at least involved passing and not one tackle, piss poor closing down allowing a simple cross and Hunt had lost Assambalonga he didn't even know he was there until the wrestling match started and one man wanted it more and proved it by scoring, it was probably a foul but Hunt needed to do better and to be much stronger.

I know. I was there and still can't quite believe it. :noexp:

3 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I hadn't realised that Assambalonga was so short, until he squared up to Matty Taylor on Saturday and I realised they were pretty much the same height.  I'd always thought of him as a tall geezer, but he can't be more than 5'9.  Completely out-muscled Hunt though.

22 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I hadn't realised that Assambalonga was so short, until he squared up to Matty Taylor on Saturday and I realised they were pretty much the same height.  I'd always thought of him as a tall geezer, but he can't be more than 5'9.  Completely out-muscled Hunt though.

He reminds me Jean Claude Darcheville, a right handful.

In his pomp he scored 94 goals in 230 games and made a whole lot more.

Edited by Esmond Million's Bung
2 hours ago, kiwicolin said:

Heard that Opi Edwards is in the squad 

If true, that just about sums things up at the moment. Sign a plethora of wingers then add a development one to the 1st team squad. If he was good enough why sign all of the others?

If true, that just about sums things up at the moment. Sign a plethora of wingers then add a development one to the 1st team squad. If he was good enough why sign all of the others?

4 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

I know it’s “New York, New York so good they named it twice”’ but this is a bit OTT

Edited by pongo88
  • Admin
3 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

I'm intrigued how half the squad went up by train and the rest of them by team coach 

That seems VERY odd 

This was pointed out to me earlier, I find this a very dangerous and potentially divisive thing to have allowed. Fair enough going home separately if visiting friends etc, but before a game.... All very odd 

I, for one, CANNOT see anything other than a first class display from Lee Johnson's BCFC team tonight.

QPR are not prepared for the cider-whirlwind that is about to hit West London.

Really embarrassing for QPR, but I am predicting a cricket score, lads.

Here we go:

QPR 1 - City 7.

All you Lee-knockers will be eating your words of late.

City 5-0 up at HT. Second string to play out the second half, with the R's getting a lucky late goal in injury time.

"Well done Lee".

:chant6ez:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, ... said:

I, for one, CANNOT see anything other than a first class display from Lee Johnson's BCFC team tonight.

QPR are not prepared for the cider-whirlwind that is about to hit West London.

Really embarrassing for QPR, but I am predicting a cricket score, lads.

Here we go:

QPR 1 - City 7.

All you Lee-knockers will be eating your words of late.

City 5-0 up at HT. Second string to play out the second half, with the R's getting a lucky late goal in injury time.

"Well done Lee".

:chant6ez:

you clearly have not watched any of our 4 games this season... 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

Anyone else got an odd feeling that LJ may already be half out the door?  Holden' s pre match interview sounded more like that of a Head Coach, whereas LJ's last interview almost appeared to be a 'back me with more money (not happened as far as we know re any loan coming in) or sack me'

Don't think things are too happy behind the scenes with LJ

But guess most if not all of you suspect I am seeing trouble where there isn't any

anyone know whether SL will be at tonight's game?

****-no.

14 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

I'm intrigued how half the squad went up by train and the rest of them by team coach 

That seems VERY odd 

If true, most worrying. Really inexplicable given need for team morale and togetherness.  Unless of course it was Lee travelling by train on his own

Just now, Ivorguy said:

If true, most worrying. Really inexplicable given need for team morale and togetherness.  Unless of course it was Lee travelling by train on his own

Out of courtesy, I have reported your post above to the mods for Johnson-bashing.

It's COMPLETELY inappropriate to suggest unaccompanied minors should be allowed to travel up to London on their own.

:nono: