IGNORED

Queens Park Rangers v Bristol City Match Day 4

6 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Great goal. Otherwise utter dross. On this show Johnson is mugging a living. No bright young coaching evident here. It's shapeless hoofball. Get him out Lansdown. Clueless. Being rescued by his willing players. 

Sometimes, particularly when you are in a poor run of form, you just have to grind out a result. 

We don't have to be Brazil 1970 tonight we just have to grind out the win.

Don't deserve to be ahead really, but we are, and it is a match where the result will be everything.

Lets hope we can hold the lead after the break longer than against Forest. Both teams look shot of confidence, hopefully the goal settles us and we push on. It's City however so not holding my breath.

Edited by cityexile
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Yep that was a much better chance. But actually it was great work by Matty to chase that down, get in position and I expect the keeper was thinking a cross was coming.

And to those of you saying soft goal?? Maybe, but who gives a flying ****?? Do you think the Boro fans were saying "soft goal" after they scored their first bounced off a defenders back and past an asleep fall back to bounce perfectly onto their forwards foot?

I think we are all grateful for the lead and are entitled to call their keeper out for poor goalkeeping if that’s how we see it. Do we care? Of course not!!

People are also entitled to think the current performance level will see us get battered many more weeks than not against better opposition.

Doesnt mean we’re pissed off to be winning!!!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

I think we are all grateful for the lead and are entitled to call their keeper out for poor goalkeeping if that’s how we see it. Do we care? Of course not!!

People are also entitled to think the current performance level will see us get battered many more weeks than not against better opposition.

Doesnt mean we’re pissed off to be winning!!!

I never said you were pissed off with winning.

I just said goals come how they come sometimes, just ask the team sat at the top of the table. Enjoy them.

Getting 'battered' many more weeks then not?? Well that's your opinion. But this is game 4 of the season and despite losing to Boro, we've yet to be 'battered' once.

18 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I think if we had a replay, we might see that it was;

(a) shit defending, and

(b) shit goalkeeping.

Not convinced in any way with Taylor Fordy 

but

He got away his strike , and got it on target

I Thought on first impressions he did fine , in fact well (Need to see it again) but let’s credit Taylor rather than worry about QPR mate

• Like 2