IGNORED

Queens Park Rangers v Bristol City Match Day 4

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

As close to top as we are to bottom. Maybe it's not a crisis just yet eh?

I wouldn’t get too carried away ( or smug ) 86

The points and result tonight will help us undoubtedly and there were some positive individual performances 

But we will need it to kick start us in confidence terms

Because playing like that we won’t be winning too many games

A very welcome and maybe vital 3 points , but Lets see how we react from here

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, cityexile said:

So, will it today be...

A. We win, followed by posts about how everyone has overreacted, give it all time to get players back, it will all be ok and frankly, play offs are pretty much guaranteed.

B Draw, followed by posts about how we are rubbish and will never ever win away again.

C Lose, and if you do not accept we are certainly relegated after four games you are a happy clapper who is most likely LJs love child.

To be honest, if it is C, think I will stay away for a few days.

I can stay, praise be the Lord!

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Played 4 drawn 2 won 1 and lost 1

The loss came against Boro who’ll be serious promotion candidates this season. 

Not a bad start all things considered.

It's not the results that bother me, it's too early for that.  It's the lack of a real style or game plan when compared to last season and the odd selections.  When you look at the performances they've been pretty weak and two of the four teams we've played have been abysmal.  Let's see how it goes but for me the gleam we had in the first half of the season last time round is well and truly worn off and LJ has a lot to do to get back into credit.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

How much did they think they were going to get for Freeman? His performance tonight justifies Johnson letting him go, just awful.

If you consider where the promotion team are playing now, compared to where Freeman is shows how truly overrated he was. Even our sub full back and CM out on loan are in the Premier League.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

A great result at ground we've been awful at in the recent past against a team who needed a result and performance after a 7-1 drubbing, with the crowd baying for blood.

A game lacking in quality for the large part, but a very professional performance from us.

We did what we've been saying we need to work on and took our chances and largely kept QPR at arm's length, a clean sheet with 2 main centre backs out.

We saw out the game, just as Boro did against us. But unlike Boro, we didn't sit back with 30%/40% possession, rely on worldie saves and the woodwork twice to keep a clean sheet and a win. 

First win of the season, onwards and upwards. 

It was always going to be a tricky game and it wasn't pretty, we scored 3 great goals and it is a much needed 3 points, but be honest we rode our luck at times and once more the luck we needed to ride was all self inflicted, if we had missed the chances that QPR missed I think there would have been uproar.

I agree with the Middlesborough analogy to a degree but we have to cut out the defensive errors.

7 minutes ago, Nibor said:

Imagine how well we could have done if he had picked a decent side.

Fair play we got a result but it's still a concerning start to the season.

He picked a side he thought would win them the game and they did

of course it’s worrying, we’ve got 5 new players that need to bed in and we are missing fielding,  baker, smith, Diedhiou amongst others , all this on top of losing 3 quality players it’s bound to be a struggle for a while    

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

As close to top as we are to bottom. Maybe it's not a crisis just yet eh?

Far from a great performance against a very poor team....but a very welcome victory....don’t think there’s been much talk of a ‘crisis’ prior to this game, just understandable frustration....no room for smugness just yet though...

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

The points and result tonight will help us undoubtedly and there were some positive individual performances 

It was always going to be a scrap, with all the injuries etc I don't know why you seem to be surprised we were not fluent, surely with you as head coach and chief know it all coach should understand that..?.Monkey off the back, we go again.

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Nothing to do with being smug Bob. But the reaction to 3 games (of which we lost 1, to one of the division's true heavyweights) has been so enormously over the top. 

• Like 11
1 minute ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

He picked a side he thought would win them the game and they did

of course it’s worrying, we’ve got 5 new players that need to bed in and we are missing fielding,  baker, smith, Diedhiou amongst others , all this on top of losing 3 quality players it’s bound to be a struggle for a while    

Missing Fielding? That’s a matter of opinion I suppose. I like the new keeper and as others have said without Flint his willingness to come for a cross will help us right out.

9 minutes ago, Nibor said:

It's not the results that bother me, it's too early for that.  It's the lack of a real style or game plan when compared to last season and the odd selections.  When you look at the performances they've been pretty weak and two of the four teams we've played have been abysmal.  Let's see how it goes but for me the gleam we had in the first half of the season last time round is well and truly worn off and LJ has a lot to do to get back into credit.

It’s odd that in some ways football wise I think that was our worst effort so far today. We seemed to change our style entirely and up to the first goal the game was tragic. If Fammy is out at all, we have to have a Plan B up front.

QPR created more chances than a clean sheet warrants, but the mood would have been toxic if we had lost. Buys us a bit of time, which we certainly need!

Edited by cityexile
2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Far from a great performance against a very poor team....but a very welcome victory....don’t think there’s been much been much talk of a ‘crisis’ prior to this game, just understandable frustration....no room for smugness just yet though...

Really?! Reading this forum in recent days you'd think we were relegated already, reaction to one loss - against a top, top side - has been frankly ridiculous.

• Like 14
16 minutes ago, glynriley said:

When you're in love with a beautiful Weimann...?

I like that. Could catch on. Not sure how you'd follow it up.....

When you're in love with a beautiful Weimann.... He'll score the goals?

Edited by Taz
  • Like 2
8 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Maybe I'm high on a victory but I actually agree with BBSB :laugh:

First half was dreadful, second half much better but I think it was more that QPR were abysmal rather than us outplaying them. 3-0 still flatters us a bit, but it was a vital win, no matter how you get it. We certainly won't be pushing play-offs on that performance put it that way.

• Haha 1