IGNORED

Queens Park Rangers v Bristol City Match Day 4

Not ideal. Not the best performance. By far and away definately not against the best opposition.

I stated we needed a win tonight. And thank **** we managed it.

Momentum and the confidence from that could be priceless. Performances need to improve, let's go to the Liberty and just go for it. We need to play without the fear.

If Pato's back in that team however I'm going to be so annoyed. O'Dowda in for Watkins would be my only change.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Nothing to do with being smug Bob. But the reaction to 3 games (of which we lost 1, to one of the division's true heavyweights) has been so enormously over the top. 

It’s about looking a bit deeper and looking ahead 

I think there’s been some excellent posts observations and discusssions but there’s some who if it isn’t all happy happy happy don’t seem to be able to cope

I fail to understand your need after a  3-0 win to start making your original comment

Too often

Edited by BobBobSuperBob
3 minutes ago, Nibor said:

It's not the results that bother me, it's too early for that.  It's the lack of a real style or game plan when compared to last season and the odd selections.  When you look at the performances they've been pretty weak and two of the four teams we've played have been abysmal.  Let's see how it goes but for me the gleam we had in the first half of the season last time round is well and truly worn off and LJ has a lot to do to get back into credit.

What on earth do you expect? This is a new squad and we all know that when several new signings arrive it can take several games for the real style of play to develop.

We are just four games in and it’s way too early to be making assessments until we are at least 10 - 12 games in.

To me it’s a case so far so good.

As the third goal went in my son was watching it on the sky app coming out of an intermarche in a small fishing village in Portugal . He shouted ‘yes ‘, I swerved and decided to drive on the left hand side of the road for a while - much to the screaming hysterics of my wife who couldn’t give a flying f6ck that we’d scored ... but was concerned at the fact I’d gone rogue and was driving on the wrong side of the road.   ...

• Haha 3
4 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

It was always going to be a tricky game and it wasn't pretty, we scored 3 great goals and it is a much needed 3 points, but be honest we rode our luck at times and once more the luck we needed to ride was all self inflicted, if we had missed the chances that QPR missed I think there would have been uproar.

I agree with the Middlesborough analogy to a degree but we have to cut out the defensive errors.

Which ones are we talking about - because I can think of two really all game?

One in the first half when ?Washington? picked it up left side of the box, cut in and the Maaenpaa saved.

One in the second half when Maaenpaa had the rush of blood, forward probably took an unneeded extra touch and 2 defenders got back well to cover.

I'm surprised how many people expect us to go away from home, completely dominate the game and not concede chances in a game of football?

The bottom line is a '0' in the goals conceded column and I think we deserved that, just.  

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Really?! Reading this forum in recent days you'd think we were relegated already, reaction to one loss - against a top, top side - has been frankly ridiculous.

Don't think I have ever read so much tripe on here, OK we were not brilliant, but the amount of negative vibe on here is unreal, I get the LJ out thing, but so much vindictiveness? 

Embarrassed to read all that on a City Forum. 

• Like 4

Good win- albeit away to a very poor side who seem to have badly regressed on last season.

However Weimann is doing great, very happy for Taylor getting a goal there, of course winning at a ground we haven't gone to and win at since 1970 odd has to be a bit alright?

Still much to do, much to improve on- but this will undoubtedly boost confidence.

The team and LJ did what was necessary, at a time like this especially. They made sure we found a way to win.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
17 minutes ago, Chris_Brown said:

Goals for 6 Goals Against 5.

Exactly the same as last season after 4 games.

And our top scorer is Weimann, on 4, the same as Reid was after 4 games. 

Who do you think you are?

Coming on here quoting facts!

:)

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Boro aren’t a ‘top, top side’ - we made them look good though....

Quite agree. We’ve competed with them for years when we’ve played them . One result and all of a sudden they’re world beaters and a heavyweight to suit the argument. Forest werent all that either despite the constant mantra that they are amazing all of a sudden due to their spending. Anyway. We won away. A good day.  

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Nothing to do with being smug Bob. But the reaction to 3 games (of which we lost 1, to one of the division's true heavyweights) has been so enormously over the top. 

I think it was the lack of presence in either box in all three games that was  worrying and against boro it was embarrassing. Having watched that tonight , I’m obviously very please with the win but let’s be honest. QPR are terrible but could of easily been 2 up early on. The lack of any plan from us was worrying. Lumping it up to two small strikers seemed a strange decision . 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

And with that, the comedown... Korey Smith confirmed as being out for 5-6 months. Longer than I'd thought

Not a good age for Korey to pick up a bad injury - plenty of players struggle to get back to their combative best at his age after a long time away - let's hope he is not rushed back this season.

We all want the battling Korey to return

• Like 1

QPR ARE A CRAP TEAM SO WE ARE STILL CRAP RARGHHH

WEINMAN WILL NEVER REPLACE THE GOALS OF BOBBY REID, A GOD LIKE PLAYER WHO 12 MONTH AGO I WOULDNT OF CROSSED THE STREET TO PISS ON RARGHHH

HOW WILL WE EVER COMPETE IN THIS LEAGUE WHEN WE ONLY SCORE THREE PAST A TEAM WHEN WEST BROM MANAGED SEVEN RARGHHHHHH

• Haha 4
10 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I think there’s been some excellent posts observations and discusssions but there’s some who if it isn’t all happy happy happy don’t seem to be able to cope

I fail to understand your need after a  3-0 win to start making your original comment

Too often

I’m far from ‘all happy clappy’ and am not hesitant about criticising players and manager. 

My comment was meant to actually make people think a bit about whether their knee jerk ‘everything’s awful’ reaction to one defeat in 3 was a tad OTT on reflection.

Hey ho. 

11 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Too often

But of course if we had lost 3-0 you would be regurgitating all the negatives, loving this result, shame you can't join in but also loving to see you squirm. 

Oh! and you missed an Edit for once..discusssions ?

It's getting better...  

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

What on earth do you expect? This is a new squad and we all know that when several new signings arrive it can take several games for the real style of play to develop.

We are just four games in and it’s way too early to be making assessments until we are at least 10 - 12 games in.

To me it’s a case so far so good.

Like I said, I expect the selections to be sensible and I expect us to have a style of play and a game plan.  Over the course of the season I expect us to improve a bit on the last one results wise.

We keep hearing about how scientific our recruitment is and how we're selecting players from databases to fit the style we already want to play so no, I don't think it's ok for us to not be recognisable from last time and it is concerning that the style doesn't look like arriving of it's own accord after some magical mythical gelling time.  

I'm not jumping to any conclusions yet but anybody happy with the season so far isn't paying proper attention.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1