IGNORED

Queens Park Rangers v Bristol City Match Day 4

15 minutes ago, Robbored said:

What on earth do you expect? This is a new squad and we all know that when several new signings arrive it can take several games for the real style of play to develop.

We are just four games in and it’s way too early to be making assessments until we are at least 10 - 12 games in.

To me it’s a case so far so good.

Not really a new squad is it...

6 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Which ones are we talking about - because I can think of two really all game?

One in the first half when ?Washington? picked it up left side of the box, cut in and the Maaenpaa saved.

One in the second half when Maaenpaa had the rush of blood, forward probably took an unneeded extra touch and 2 defenders got back well to cover.

I'm surprised how many people expect us to go away from home, completely dominate the game and not concede chances in a game of football?

The bottom line is a '0' in the goals conceded column and I think we deserved that, just.  

In the first half we backed off far too much not tackling, that changed in the 2nd half and resulted in the one gift of a chance that you mention.

In the first because of our backing off tactic QPR had 4 shots on goal from inside the area and 4 from the edge of the area, our first goal could not have come at a better time, it literally killed the game.

It was a much needed win but up until our goal we rode our luck.

Got to enjoy the win but long way to go. Let’s be honest we will probably get beaten Saturday and then the knives will be out again.

First goal was important - luckily they were a shambles at the back. And remember it should have been 2-1 but for them missing an open goal. Weimann looks good and Kelly looks better and better with each game.

Maenpaa looked assured with crosses but made a horrible error that we got away with. I’m still not sold on Hunt, Webster or Watkins. And clearly Pisano isn’t a centre back or left back. 

The good news is that once Bailey Fammy and Baker come back it should improve but Korey will be a big miss. 

Hoping for at least 2 loan signings. 

4 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

But of course if we had lost 3-0 you would be regurgitating all the negatives, loving this result, shame you can't join in but also loving to see you squirm. 

Oh! and you missed an Edit for once..discusssions ?

It's getting better...  

You are priceless our lil Swindon Fan

Squirm ?.

Ha ha ha ha

You don’t know or get me at all grumpy

Im genuinely sat he3 laughing at you coming on and having your usual drunken rant and slowly combusting 

:)

Check out your post history

A pitiful twisted troll

:laughcont:

Goodnight 

Edited by BobBobSuperBob
13 minutes ago, Fjmcity said:

QPR ARE A CRAP TEAM SO WE ARE STILL CRAP RARGHHH

WEINMAN WILL NEVER REPLACE THE GOALS OF BOBBY REID, A GOD LIKE PLAYER WHO 12 MONTH AGO I WOULDNT OF CROSSED THE STREET TO PISS ON RARGHHH

HOW WILL WE EVER COMPETE IN THIS LEAGUE WHEN WE ONLY SCORE THREE PAST A TEAM WHEN WEST BROM MANAGED SEVEN RARGHHHHHH

The Caps. And Mispelling...

My poor ****ing eyes!

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

We’ll see after 46 games. I’d put money on then being very close to ‘top top’ ! 

Our last eight games against the ‘top, top side’ as you call Middlesbrough? We’ve won won five, drawn one and lost two...they probably thought we were ‘top, top’ when we sat in second place at the end of 2017....just after we beat them...

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
Just now, BS4 on Tour... said:

Our last eight games against the ‘top, top side’ as you call Middlesbrough? We’ve won won five, drawn one and lost two...

I’m well aware of our recent results against Boro. I’m referring to the here and now. Impressive squad assembled on big wages under a very good manager. They will be there or thereabouts without a shadow of doubt. 

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I’m well aware of our recent results against Boro. I’m referring to the here and now. Impressive squad assembled on big wages under a very good manager. They will be there or thereabouts without a shadow of doubt. 

They had a big squad on big wages before. We still had a fantastic record against them. They were there or thereabouts last season. Taking one of the play off spots that we royally ballsed up! 

• Confused 1
28 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Really?! Reading this forum in recent days you'd think we were relegated already, reaction to one loss - against a top, top side - has been frankly ridiculous.

I think more worried we wouldn't be staying up due to our own quality but the situations of others.

Of which QPR are a prime example.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, lenred said:

They had a big squad on big wages before. We still had a fantastic record against them. They were there or thereabouts last season. Taking one of the play off spots that we royally ballsed up! 

My point is that our record over the last few years against them means absolutely nothing in respect of the gulf - nay, chasm - of class between the respective playing squads. You’re talking about a team where pretty much every single first teamer walks into ours. A team who’s front two cost what we spend in 2 or 3 windows let alone on 2 or 3 players.

They are a very very strong side and have inflicted our only defeat of the season. 

I stand firmly behind my statement that the reaction to the opening 3 games has been ludicrously over the top. 

Am I saying we’re a great team? Absolutely not. I think we look every bit a mid table side. But as a mid table wage payer, with a mid table squad and a mid table manager that’s pretty much in line with my expectations!

Edited by BRISTOL86
  • Like 7
1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

My point is that our record over the last few years against them means absolutely nothing in respect of the gulf - nay, chasm - of class between the respective playing squads. You’re talking about a team where pretty much every single first teamer walks into ours. A team who’s front two cost what we spend in 2 or 3 windows let alone on 2 or 3 players.

They are a very very strong side and have inflicted our only defeat of the season. 

I stand firmly behind my statement that the reaction to the opening 3 games has been ludicrously over the top. 

My point is that it has always been thus. Boro have had far more better players than us for years now. Yet we competed. In fact we had a bloody good record against them. But it doesn’t suit the narrative to remember that. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I’m well aware of our recent results against Boro. I’m referring to the here and now. Impressive squad assembled on big wages under a very good manager. They will be there or thereabouts without a shadow of doubt. 

“...a very good manager” .....are you sure you weren’t one of the many on here slagging off Pulis over the years?!

1 minute ago, lenred said:

My point is that it has always been thus. Boro have had far more better players than us for years now. Yet we competed. In fact we had a bloody good record against them. But it doesn’t suit the narrative to remember that. 

The fact that it has bugger all to do with how well they may or may not do this season doesn’t fit the narrative either.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

“...a very good manager” .....are you sure you weren’t one of the many on here slagging off Pulis over the years?!

I was 13 when he managed us so I’m a bit young for the hate that others have for him, I only have vague recollections of him managing us, I didn’t get my first season ticket til a couple of years later. 

He did a great job at Stoke and has made a flying start at Boro. I think he has all the nous required to swiftly get Boro back to where they think they belong. 

Edited by BRISTOL86