IGNORED

Queens Park Rangers v Bristol City Match Day 4

Just now, lenred said:

My point is that it has always been thus. Boro have had far more better players than us for years now. Yet we competed. In fact we had a bloody good record against them. But it doesn’t suit the narrative to remember that. 

We competed but in the wrong areas until the last 10 mins and could easily have got back to 2-2 But for the width of a post/crossbar. Coaching team need to rev them up a bit more and shoe a bit more intent and aggression in the final third

2 minutes ago, EmissionImpossible said:

None of us know for sure. Plus going on one viewing isn’t enough to make a judgement. Granted going on how expensive a team is, isn’t a foolproof judgement either. 

Yep, but add in the fact that the vast majority of posters on here think Pulis is a crap manager makes me think that when some big up Boro as being a ‘top, top side’ they are totally disregarding their opinion of their manager...

4 minutes ago, lenred said:

My point is that it has always been thus. Boro have had far more better players than us for years now. Yet we competed. In fact we had a bloody good record against them. But it doesn’t suit the narrative to remember that. 

I’m not disputing any of that. Simply saying that the reaction to losing one game this season, against one of the top few clubs in the league, was massively over the top, IMO. 

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep, but add in the fact that the vast majority of posters on here think Pulis is a crap manager makes me think that when some big up Boro as being a ‘top, top side’ they are totally disregarding their opinion of their manager...

Most people who slag off Pulis, me included is not because he’s a shit manager but for many many other reasons, which I think you are probably aware of. His record shows he is a good manager.

Edited by EmissionImpossible
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

People may loathe him but anyone who thinks Pulis is a crap manager is deluding themselves! 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I’m not disputing any of that. Simply saying that the reaction to losing one game this season, against one of the top few clubs in the league, was massively over the top, IMO. 

Fair enough. I don’t think personally the reaction (the sensible ones anyway) has been down to that one game, more the run we’ve been on since the start of 2018 as a whole. But we won tonight, a great 3 points whichever way you want to look at it, and let’s hope it kick starts a good run now. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, lenred said:

Fair enough. I don’t think personally the reaction (the sensible ones anyway) has been down to that one game, more the run we’ve been on since the start of 2018 as a whole. But we won tonight, a great 3 points whichever way you want to look at it, and let’s hope it kick starts a good run now. 

I definitley get that. But I think people need to get over it and judge this season on it’s own merits. If after 10-15 games we’re really struggling questions rightfully need to be asked but a bit premature to be all doom and gloom after 3 games.

Fingers crossed this gives us some confidence going into what will be a very tough game on Saturday. 

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, cityexile said:

It’s odd that in some ways football wise I think that was our worst effort so far today. We seemed to change our style entirely and up to the first goal the game was tragic. If Fammy is out at all, we have to have a Plan B up front.

QPR created more chances than a clean sheet warrants, but the mood would have been toxic if we had lost. Buys us a bit of time, which we certainly need!

I agree, while being delighted that we registered a 3-0 away win, it was a shocking game of football. Both teams were poor and if QPR had anything about them they would have scored at least once and probably more. 

We lacked any style or composure, too often lofting a hopeful ball into the air rather than playing much football on the  ground. Suspect any neutral would likely have given up watching long before the final whistle!

A night when the result was far better than the performance.

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

I agree, while being delighted that we registered a 3-0 away win, it was a shocking game of football. Both teams were poor and if QPR had anything about them they would have scored at least once and probably more. 

We lacked any style or composure, too often lofting a hopeful ball into the air rather than playing much football on the  ground. Suspect any neutral would likely have given up watching long before the final whistle!

It was Plan B - knock it into the wide channels instead of heavy possession percentage.

Ugly but ultimately it worked.

1 hour ago, Jerseybean said:

In case I've missed something these past 50 odd years the first question a fan asks is how did we get on, not how did we play?

We won.

We kept a clean sheet.

We had a few brighter performances, Kelly for the second game running.

We've still major problems but tonight, when it mattered, WeeLee reverted to tactics suited to the limited ability players at our disposal. Long may he continue to do so if it brings results.

Cardiff finished bottom of the Championship ratings on every single positive passing and possession stat last year. Didn't see their fans complaining too much about their performances though.

• Like 1

when we were 2 nil up, should of brought on Eisa and Dasilva, give them a chance to show what they can do., but as per normal johnson dont make changes till last 10 minutes,, brings on Eisa  on 90th minute, could of rested  couple of  players,   can never  understand  johnson,  he needs to try these players out. i did not think we played that well. QPR were  really weak

13 minutes ago, oggysouthwest said:

when we were 2 nil up, should of brought on Eisa and Dasilva, give them a chance to show what they can do., but as per normal johnson dont make changes till last 10 minutes,, brings on Eisa  on 90th minute, could of rested  couple of  players,   can never  understand  johnson,  he needs to try these players out. i did not think we played that well. QPR were  really weak

2-0 in a dangerous score line  and with a new and unfamiliar back line I’m sure LJ didn’t want to risk conceding. 

QPR were piss poor, as they were last season at AG under Holloway but you can only beat what’s in front of you.

Swansea will be a much tougher challenge on Saturday.

Edited by Robbored
15 hours ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Let’s be honest we will probably get beaten Saturday and then the knives will be out again.

This is a piss poor attitude to have and sumps up all the bollox on this forum

How about a bit more of a pragmatic view on things ? View things a bit more on the Macro level. Be more optimistic people

Nearly 24 hours later, I've been thinking that game over.

1; Why change to the lime & green? The red shirts would have stood out better for passing to.

2; As the 2nd half wore on, it seemed the players weren't interested in a third goal, rather they would hold what they had. Initially I was disappointed, but thought further. The players slowed the pace of the game down and controlled the game. Perhaps the lessons learnt at home to Sunderland and Hull last season have finally sunk in.

3; When the opportunity arose, that third goal was taken.

4; the 2nd and 3rd goals show the forwards now give whoever has the ball the option of shooting or passing.

5; when QPR had that fine opportunity as Nikki M rushed out, two defenders were there to provide cover.