Jump to content
IGNORED

Queens Park Rangers v Bristol City Match Day 4


Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

I agree, while being delighted that we registered a 3-0 away win, it was a shocking game of football. Both teams were poor and if QPR had anything about them they would have scored at least once and probably more. 

We lacked any style or composure, too often lofting a hopeful ball into the air rather than playing much football on the  ground. Suspect any neutral would likely have given up watching long before the final whistle!

A night when the result was far better than the performance.

 

 

It was Plan B - knock it into the wide channels instead of heavy possession percentage.

Ugly but ultimately it worked.

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Jerseybean said:

A night when the result was far better than the performance.

In case I've missed something these past 50 odd years the first question a fan asks is how did we get on, not how did we play?

We won.

We kept a clean sheet.

We had a few brighter performances, Kelly for the second game running.

We've still major problems but tonight, when it mattered, WeeLee reverted to tactics suited to the limited ability players at our disposal. Long may he continue to do so if it brings results.

Cardiff finished bottom of the Championship ratings on every single positive passing and possession stat last year. Didn't see their fans complaining too much about their performances though.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment

when we were 2 nil up, should of brought on Eisa and Dasilva, give them a chance to show what they can do., but as per normal johnson dont make changes till last 10 minutes,, brings on Eisa  on 90th minute, could of rested  couple of  players,   can never  understand  johnson,  he needs to try these players out. i did not think we played that well. QPR were  really weak

Link to comment
13 minutes ago, oggysouthwest said:

when we were 2 nil up, should of brought on Eisa and Dasilva, give them a chance to show what they can do., but as per normal johnson dont make changes till last 10 minutes,, brings on Eisa  on 90th minute, could of rested  couple of  players,   can never  understand  johnson,  he needs to try these players out. i did not think we played that well. QPR were  really weak

2-0 in a dangerous score line  and with a new and unfamiliar back line I’m sure LJ didn’t want to risk conceding. 

QPR were piss poor, as they were last season at AG under Holloway but you can only beat what’s in front of you.

Swansea will be a much tougher challenge on Saturday.

Edited by Robbored
Link to comment
15 hours ago, Alex_BCFC said:

 Let’s be honest we will probably get beaten Saturday and then the knives will be out again.

This is a piss poor attitude to have and sumps up all the bollox on this forum

How about a bit more of a pragmatic view on things ? View things a bit more on the Macro level. Be more optimistic people

Link to comment

Nearly 24 hours later, I've been thinking that game over.

1; Why change to the lime & green? The red shirts would have stood out better for passing to.

2; As the 2nd half wore on, it seemed the players weren't interested in a third goal, rather they would hold what they had. Initially I was disappointed, but thought further. The players slowed the pace of the game down and controlled the game. Perhaps the lessons learnt at home to Sunderland and Hull last season have finally sunk in.

3; When the opportunity arose, that third goal was taken.

4; the 2nd and 3rd goals show the forwards now give whoever has the ball the option of shooting or passing.

5; when QPR had that fine opportunity as Nikki M rushed out, two defenders were there to provide cover.

 

Link to comment

After being at the game last night I’ve just watched the recording in full. To be honest it's a pretty aweful watch without help any beer or the normal tension when watching a game live. I know we have to start somewhere and the win was very well deserved but I think it would be hasty to think this is necessarily the start of any improvement in results. 

Link to comment
5 hours ago, 22A said:

Nearly 24 hours later, I've been thinking that game over.

1; Why change to the lime & green? The red shirts would have stood out better for passing to.

2; As the 2nd half wore on, it seemed the players weren't interested in a third goal, rather they would hold what they had. Initially I was disappointed, but thought further. The players slowed the pace of the game down and controlled the game. Perhaps the lessons learnt at home to Sunderland and Hull last season have finally sunk in.

3; When the opportunity arose, that third goal was taken.

4; the 2nd and 3rd goals show the forwards now give whoever has the ball the option of shooting or passing.

5; when QPR had that fine opportunity as Nikki M rushed out, two defenders were there to provide cover.

 

Scotty Murray tweeted that couldn’t where red shirts and white shorts, because of Rangers white shorts.  We couldn’t use the black shorts because they have a different badge.  

So there you have it.

Hes also said we will be wearing same kit v Swansea.

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...