IGNORED

Queens Park Rangers v Bristol City Match Day 4

1 minute ago, cidercity1987 said:

And that's a consideration against bottom of the league for what reason? 

Looks like Eisa will struggle for starts this season sadly.

We needed a striker before the window, searched 92 league clubs, all over Europe and guess what, the one we need plays for my dad, who’d have thought it, hmmm I might play him on the bench 

• Haha 2
7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

QPR

8AC2F81B-3AF2-4993-9B71-DDC2D3AC1AC3.thumb.jpeg.c5b6a0edd2902e3ff569d85cad8e6818.jpeg

Leistner signed from a Union Berlin looked ****** awful v West Brom.

Bidwell - always thought he was a decent LB.  Not over tall, so Watkins might have an advantage at back stick from Eliasson crosses.

Scowen - competitive little midfielder

Freeman - no idea who he is!

Yes Dave, I watched some of that display by Leistner and I have to say he genuinely looked like a bloke they plucked from the stands. Looked absolutely dreadful. We need to get at him tonight and test his mettle. 

Eze up front is a good player. Our mutual friend and scout had watched him several times and highly rated him. 

The key tonight really is to test that defence after their battering last week. They’ll be low on morale and so we need to get at them and not let their confidence build. Especially that German. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

So who else would you have selected?         :cool2:

I might have an opinion on a starting line-up, might not agree with one, might’ve done something differently myself....but I’ve learned that deciding the outcome of the match and individual player performances normally comes back to bite you on the bum.  

This is the team picked, every player has the chance to stake their claim.

Good luck to the 11 (or 14) who take part tonight.  Go prove OTIB wrong, especially Matty Taylor.

• Like 12
3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

So let's ignore the half a dozen injuries and a ridiculous suspension and assume that this actually the squad he would have picked anyway shall we?

Fair point but the lack of competition for Diedhou is criminal tbh. Let’s hope he doesn’t get injured when he comes back......then what do we do? We knew this situation was occurring, we’ve done nothing about it and we look like we couldn’t score in a brothel!!!

• Thanks 1

So, will it today be...

A. We win, followed by posts about how everyone has overreacted, give it all time to get players back, it will all be ok and frankly, play offs are pretty much guaranteed.

B Draw, followed by posts about how we are rubbish and will never ever win away again.

C Lose, and if you do not accept we are certainly relegated after four games you are a happy clapper who is most likely LJs love child.

To be honest, if it is C, think I will stay away for a few days.

Edited by cityexile
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Personally I would of brought in:

Da Silva for Pisano. However I am not confident he is fully fit, and as LJ (or someone) said they don’t want him breaking down. So make sense. 

Patto for Taylor. Just thought last season Patto played his best football behind Bobby. Would of liked him there tonight. Taylor is however good at link up play, and we do need another man in the box for balls in from Hunt and Elliason, to gamble on. 

Cant say I’m actually that annoyed with the line up. All fair reasons for those starting. 

The others not in the line up just aren’t fit really. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, cityexile said:

So, will it today be...

A. We win, followed by posts about how everyone has overreacted, give it all time to get players back, it will all be ok. A frankly, play offs are pretty much guaranteed.

B Draw, followed by posts about how we are rubbish and will never ever win away again.

C Lose, and if you do not accept we are certainly relegated after four games you are a happy clapper who is most likely LJs love child.

To be honest, if it is C, think I will stay away for a few days.

Days?   :laugh:

1 minute ago, grove park city said:

Pathetic line up an entire close season wasted same old players injured, players who anyone with a passing interest in Bristol City knew were off to bigger clubs not replaced.Matt Taylor our main goal threat great !

Jeez.........you’re a miserable bugger...........:disapointed2se:

6 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

So let's ignore the half a dozen injuries and a ridiculous suspension and assume that this actually the squad he would have picked anyway shall we?

Baker is the only nailed on starter that I can see who is injured.

Smith hasn't started a league game.

Adelekalum is a punt.

We have looking to replace Fielding all summer.

Wright is probably not a starter.

And neither is Hegeler.

And what makes our plight worse is Wright and Hegeler were known to be injured before the season started and we never even brought a loan in as cover.

It's a lame excuse for me and shows how lacking in quality our squad is when 3 and 4 games in we are having to patch a team together.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1