IGNORED

Marley, Marley, Marley....

formerly known as ivan

30 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Gonna make an early call...

Should have saved ourselves £1m and resigned Scott Wagstaff on a free transfer on probably quarter of the wages!

So you’re slating a player having seen him just two or three times?  .............:cool2:

Youre almost as premature as Bob..........

Sorry to be the one to go against the herd, but I think he showed why he was added to the squad tonight. Excellent movement off the ball created a lot of space for those around him, did some good defensive work and looked pretty good when he went out wide. The fact that he has been willing to try to be the physical presence we are missing, shows that he is a team player. Shame he couldn't quite get to that flick on tonight, would have done him a lot of good I think.

9 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Sorry to be the one to go against the herd, but I think he showed why he was added to the squad tonight. Excellent movement off the ball created a lot of space for those around him, did some good defensive work and looked pretty good when he went out wide. The fact that he has been willing to try to be the physical presence we are missing, shows that he is a team player. Shame he couldn't quite get to that flick on tonight, would have done him a lot of good I think.

Thought he did well too. Johnson Snr showed just how far hard work would get you over technical ability and Weimann showing that in spades too. 

Could have done with more of that for half of last season. 

3 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

He looks very poor so far but early days. 

The rubbish emoji has been taken off for some reason or I would of used it. He played out of position against boro so don’t see how you can judge from that. He did ok if a bit lightweight tonight but it was hardly full of quality anyway 

23 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

The rubbish emoji has been taken off for some reason or I would of used it. He played out of position against boro so don’t see how you can judge from that. He did ok if a bit lightweight tonight but it was hardly full of quality anyway 

Apparently the rubbish emoji was removed in the hope that people would explain why they think the post is rubbish rather than simply use an emoji.

In this case it seems to have worked a treat!

40 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

Looks like a solid player who will put work in, doesn't seem the type that can take us to the next level though, do think O'Dowda offers more even if he has hit a bad bit of form recently. 

Bit harsh, right now I’ll settle for players who can keep us at this level ?

While felt QPR had him bottled up as an attacking threat quite well, to give him his due he dug in defensively and wasn’t scared to get in and about players, which while I like Paterson and think he’s an important player when on form, I’m not sure he offers as much of this in ‘grindhouse’ games like last night.

I think he’ll be useful over the course of the season, and while not as explosive as might have been hoped from a player branded a winger, his presence and work rate allowed Brownhill more space, and covered for Hunt having an unfortunately poor game, which isn’t to be snuffed at.

Might seem steep at £1 million for a squad player, but considering that between picking up him and Wiemann we still have £7 million change from Bobby’s transfer fee, I think that will look decent business by the season’s end.

Archived