IGNORED

Player Ratings - a game of two halves

And Its Smith

Well that shows how important confidence is. We could have been 2-0 before we scored but got a bit of luck and came out second half a different team. Atmosphere from QPR fans mimicked their league position and their team were clueless all game. Good to see Joe Bryan there as well

First half and second half ratings
Maenpaa 6 6  dodgy kick first half and dodgy rush out second half. Caught well and saved routine stops well though.

Hunt 7 7 solid throughout. Real battler. 

Webster 5 8 poor first half and looks weak for a centre back. Weirdly turned into a rock second half

Pisano 8 8 MOTM a man mountain for 90 mins. Strong in air and on floor and excellent distribution

Kelly 6 8 looked nervous and cautious first half.  Stepped up after break and superb in all aspects

Pack 5 7 not good in possession for most of the game. Broke things up well after break

Brownhill 4 7 extremely poor first half. Didnt want the ball. Was a buzzy bee second

Elliason 4 7 anonymous first half apart from corners. Great assist for weimann header

Watkins 4 5 awful first half. Might not have come across on screen but was hiding from the ball. Hardly better second half

Taylor 7 7 might sound ridiculous but didnt do much on the ball apart from goal and assist! Did those bits well though and ran his heart out

Weimann 6 9 cut a frustrated figure first half but came alive second. Real goalscoring game and ran and ran like Taylor

Weird how much people's opinions differ, I thought Pisano was poor. Decision making wasn't great at times, positioning poor (especially when we were on the ball), weak at times which you picked up on for Webster and thought his timewasting doing keepy ups while on a yellow was very reckless, another ref may have decided it was worth a yellow.

90 minutes rating would be

Maenpaa 6, Hunt 7, Webster 7, Pisano 8, Kelly 7, Pack 6, Brownhill 6,  Elliason 6, Watkins 4, Taylor 7, Weimann 8 

Maybe we have to take into account just how bad QPR were.  Someone marked Boro's players on Saturday.  QPRs would be something like:

Ingram - 5 - pretty much a nervous wreck all game. Could have saved the first goal I think but I was a long way away

Rangel - 6 - good first half against Elliason but tired second and was ran ragged before being taken off

Leistner - 6 - their only half decent defender for 90 mins

Baptiste - 6 - didnt give a sniff first half but looked like his attitude was awful when they went 2-0 down.  Head down and didnt care.

Bidwell - 5 - never rated him when I have seen him and was poor when tested.  Which wasnt much against Watkins

Luongo - 5 - always looks a good player but then never produces anything of note.  Anonymous really

Scowen - 6 - ran around a fair bit

Freeman - 5 - never understood the love for Freeman at this level.  Pretty awful

Wszolek - 4 - Kelly marshalled him excellently after first 35 minutes

Eze - 5 - our centre backs handled him easily

Washington - 6 - started well and caused some problems to Webster.  City coped with him easily after the break

City Total - 72

QPR Total - 59 

Comfortable in the end for City but first 30 minutes was a massive scare.

Oh and Matt Smith came on and was truly awful.

5 minutes ago, hodge said:

Weird how much people's opinions differ, I thought Pisano was poor. Decision making wasn't great at times, positioning poor (especially when we were on the ball), weak at times which you picked up on for Webster and thought his timewasting doing keepy ups while on a yellow was very reckless, another ref may have decided it was worth a yellow.

It is weird.  Spoken to a fair few since the game on the mile walk home and all commented on Pisano.  A superb last ditch tackle first half epitomising his superb attitude and commitment tonight. Coped with everything thrown at him I thought. 

1 minute ago, RedDave said:

It is weird.  Spoken to a fair few since the game on the mile walk home and all commented on Pisano.  A superb last ditch tackle first half epitomising his superb attitude and commitment tonight. Coped with everything thrown at him I thought. 

FWIW I don't think anyone deserved a rating above a 6 in the first half 

55 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Well that shows how important confidence is. We could have been 2-0 before we scored but got a bit of luck and came out second half a different team. Atmosphere from QPR fans mimicked their league position and their team were clueless all game. Good to see Joe Bryan there as well

First half and second half ratings
Maenpaa 6 6  dodgy kick first half and dodgy rush out second half. Caught well and saved routine stops well though.

Hunt 7 7 solid throughout. Real battler. 

Webster 5 8 poor first half and looks weak for a centre back. Weirdly turned into a rock second half

Pisano 8 8 MOTM a man mountain for 90 mins. Strong in air and on floor and excellent distribution

Kelly 6 8 looked nervous and cautious first half.  Stepped up after break and superb in all aspects

Pack 5 7 not good in possession for most of the game. Broke things up well after break

Brownhill 4 7 extremely poor first half. Didnt want the ball. Was a buzzy bee second

Elliason 4 7 anonymous first half apart from corners. Great assist for weimann header

Watkins 4 5 awful first half. Might not have come across on screen but was hiding from the ball. Hardly better second half

Taylor 7 7 might sound ridiculous but didnt do much on the ball apart from goal and assist! Did those bits well though and ran his heart out

Weimann 6 9 cut a frustrated figure first half but came alive second. Real goalscoring game and ran and ran like Taylor

We are in similar ball park with our ratings.  I tend to under rate goals, hence Taylor and Weimann lower in mine.

Archived