IGNORED

Andreas Weimann Utter Class

REDOXO

Taylor was my MOTM today with two or three others having good games....HOWEVER. with all the stuff written recently about our weakness compared to last season, how on earth did we end up with this guy...class above most in this division at the moment! Long may it continue!

12 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Taylor was my MOTM today with two or three others having good games....HOWEVER. with all the stuff written recently about our weakness compared to last season, how on earth did we end up with this guy...class above most in this division at the moment! Long may it continue!

Two seasons ago, Liverpool fans were moaning about Hendersons passing ability, then they started playing Salah, Mane and Firmino in front of him and he looks the best passer in England. Pack, has always been a good passer of the ball, but with a target with the movement of Weimann he suddenly has produced some absolute defence splitters. I have always said it takes two to make a pass look good, Weimann proves it.

Just now, BCFCGav said:

Weimann is looking special. I was cautious based on his last couple of seasons but like people said, played up front he will cause problems. 4 goals in August! I’m changing nationality to Austrian.  

You will enjoy that, some of the most attractive girls in europe in my opinion :) 

1 minute ago, BCFCGav said:

Weimann is looking special. I was cautious based on his last couple of seasons but like people said, played up front he will cause problems. 4 goals in August! I’m changing nationality to Austrian.  

Quite, he was always a striker. The fact that successive Derby managers played him out of position didn't change that.

13 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Johnson has to get huge credit. It's so hard to find a goalscorer, and they usually cost a fortune. Yet Johnson seems to find ways of getting them in. Only Diedhiou cost a lot of money, and he will make us a profit if we were to sell him. Tammy on loan, Taylor for 300k who played a huge part in keeping us up, Reid converted into striker and now Weimann for 2 million. Excellent business, and what an engine he has on him.

Can not argue with this. LJ sure has a knack of getting the best out of the majority of his strikers.

15 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Johnson has to get huge credit. It's so hard to find a goalscorer, and they usually cost a fortune. Yet Johnson seems to find ways of getting them in. Only Diedhiou cost a lot of money, and he will make us a profit if we were to sell him. Tammy on loan, Taylor for 300k who played a huge part in keeping us up, Reid converted into striker and now Weimann for 2 million. Excellent business, and what an engine he has on him.

Totally agree. Weimann being played on the wing/wide midfielder for the last few years, which would have hampered his goal ratio, may have meant he dropped off a number of teams radar. 

LJ would have known Reid was going to leave and it would be interesting to know how long the AW transfer was in the pipeline, as it looks like a great bit of business. I imagine it was the promise of being played centrally that sold the move to AW. So without getting too carried away here's to hoping he can replicate Tammys/Reids numbers.

19 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Strangely, other than Mickey (and hopefully Mo Eisa), his dad generally can't pick a striker out of bag marked "goalscorers". 

24 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Taylor has played a huge part of nothing since being here. One good game today and one decent pass against man u does not hide the fact he has been largely useless for us.

Weimann is a big fish in a small pond character. Mentally fragile who thriveds in a less pressurised environment.....Hence performing here and less so villa derby.

2 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Taylor has played a huge part of nothing since being here. One good game today and one decent pass against man u does not hide the fact he has been largely useless for us.

Weimann is a big fish in a small pond character. Mentally fragile who thriveds in a less pressurised environment.....Hence performing here and less so villa derby.

Wow! So how long have you been his Psychiatrist? You must have had many sessions with him to be able to dissect his personality so well. 

3 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Great movement and work rate. Perfect replacement for Bobby it seems and has grabbed a decent haul of goals already.

I too think he might be the perfect partner for Fam, we shall find out fairly soon.

Weimann did say when he arrived that he wanted to play a more central role and so far four in four is a good start. Let’s hope he can keep that ratio up over 46 games..............:fingerscrossed:

Archived