IGNORED

JOHNSON SACKED - Gary that is.

Bristol Rob

Just now, The_Don said:

Give it a rest, worked wonders here and gave many some of the best memories of a lifetime following the club.

Absolutely. But we should always look forwards and not back.

He’ll always be a hero to me for 07/08 but I think it’s in everyone’s best interests if we don’t fall into the trap of making sentimental appointments! 

1 minute ago, CodeRed said:

Hopefully he won't end up here in some capacity....one is enough.

While he shouldn't come back, I don't get the antipathy of some fans towards the Johnsons.

While he wasn't an amazing player, thought LJ did a solid job as part of the team

GJ lest we forget pulled us up rather quickly from the post Wilson slump under Tinnion and in 2 and a half short, thrilling years had us a game away from the PL.

Amazing feel good factor for a lot of his reign too. Yeah he made mistakes and yeah things went sour towards the end, but overall he did great things for us. The last manager to achieve 3 successive finishes in this level of 10th or above? Alan Dicks I believe.

Get some of the criticism, but overall think they're in credit.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

While he shouldn't come back, I don't get the antipathy of some fans towards the Johnsons.

While he wasn't an amazing player, thought LJ did a solid job as part of the team

GJ lest we forget pulled us up rather quickly from the post Wilson slump under Tinnion and in 2 and a half short, thrilling years had us a game away from the PL.

Amazing feel good factor for a lot of his reign too. Yeah he made mistakes and yeah things went sour towards the end, but overall he did great things for us. The last manager to achieve 3 successive finishes in this level of 10th or above? Alan Dicks I believe.

Get some of the criticism, but overall think they're in credit.

Well said.

18 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Absolutely. But we should always look forwards and not back.

He’ll always be a hero to me for 07/08 but I think it’s in everyone’s best interests if we don’t fall into the trap of making sentimental appointments! 

Totally agree, I wouldnt want him back, just people seem to enjoy sticking the knife into a previous very good manager for us.

Archived