IGNORED

JOHNSON SACKED - Gary that is.

Bristol Rob

19 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

While he shouldn't come back, I don't get the antipathy of some fans towards the Johnsons.

While he wasn't an amazing player, thought LJ did a solid job as part of the team

GJ lest we forget pulled us up rather quickly from the post Wilson slump under Tinnion and in 2 and a half short, thrilling years had us a game away from the PL.

Amazing feel good factor for a lot of his reign too. Yeah he made mistakes and yeah things went sour towards the end, but overall he did great things for us. The last manager to achieve 3 successive finishes in this level of 10th or above? Alan Dicks I believe.

Get some of the criticism, but overall think they're in credit.

Yes he did a good job but we should look forward now, he's just been sacked by a club at the bottom of L2.

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

I don't think anyone would be surprised to see the 'experienced head' some have called for suddenly appear. He's got the DoF position at BCFC written all over him.

Have to say Ska I would be.  And not in a good way, despite my love for the bloke! 

5 minutes ago, lenred said:

Have to say Ska I would be.  And not in a good way, despite my love for the bloke! 

Love the bloke too Len

But really can’t see it

I would think , Unless he’s completely lost the plot that Lee himself wouldn’t want him , his own Dad here

He played for his Dad for years and surely must think it’s ‘his time’ now and wouldn’t what Dad on his shoulder

He can seek his advice if he wanted to at anytime anyway

would be a potential recipie for disaster with the players IMHO - would provide so much ammipunition for any dissenters

12 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I don't think anyone would be surprised to see the 'experienced head' some have called for suddenly appear. He's got the DoF position at BCFC written all over him.

Lee has always done far better without the pressure of the old man around him. It would be a disaster and Lee would be more likely to walk than Gary ever would, so would passengers kindly set their watch back 8 years, it'd be a bumpy ride.

12 minutes ago, lenred said:

Fair enough Len, stranger things have happened though mate. Personally, like you, I adore the fella and wouldn't want to see his image tarnished by a return.

24 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Love the bloke too Len

But really can’t see it

I would think , Unless he’s completely lost the plot that Lee himself wouldn’t want him , his own Dad here

He played for his Dad for years and surely must think it’s ‘his time’ now and wouldn’t what Dad on his shoulder

He can seek his advice if he wanted to at anytime anyway

would be a potential recipie for disaster with the players IMHO - would provide so much ammipunition for any dissenters

Exactly how I see it too.

Besides, I don't see a DoF-type position being utilised while Ashton is at the club, there'd be too much crossover between the 2 roles.

6 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Maybe questions have been asked as to why their most valuable asset was sold to his son?

Because his son manages a football team two divisions higher and his son felt that their most valuable asset was worth adding to his own squad, particularly after a fine goal scoring season. His son, after selling his own most valuable asset, was on the lookout for a replacement. Maybe.

1 minute ago, Red_Wizard said:

Lee’s been given the finances and can’t bring in better players :whistle:

Sorry I didn't quite catch what you said - could you repeat that please?

Just now, Red_Wizard said:

Why did you copy my reply x3?

You must have missed my pots recently when LJ was accused of wasting £36m - a lot of that was spent on young developing players which is an integral part of his remit.

Some of that went on our record signing Famara at £5.3m

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Why did you copy my reply x3?

You must have missed my pots recently when LJ was accused of wasting £36m - a lot of that was spent on young developing players which is an integral part of his remit.

Some of that went on our record signing Famara at £5.3m

First of all, I never missed your pots as I have my own Sir!

What young players are these and where are they now? Do you honestly think you can spunk a major amount of £36mil on “potential” players for a club like ours in the Championship? 

8 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Maybe questions have been asked as to why their most valuable asset was sold to his son?

Was either going to be us or Peterborough, our money is as good as anyone’s and he had enough time left of the transfer window. 

I only saw the news a short while ago, there was talk of his job being under pressure but I guess their minds were made up as surely a draw should have saved him for a while.

I don’t think he will work again maybe, doubt if he wants to move away from the area and with his heart scare he must see work/life differently now. 

Love GJ but his method of management only works for a couple of years before players grow tired of it. Seems to have happened everywhere he’s been.

Think they’ve won something like 5 in 30 odd games (not too dissimilar to our form) and the time was probably right for him to go. 

2 minutes ago, Red_Wizard said:

What young players are these and where are they now? Do you honestly think you can spunk a major amount of £36mil on “potential” players for a club like ours in the Championship? 

RW - I can’t be arsed to repeat one of my recent posts...............:sleeping:

2 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

GJs method of management only works for a couple of years before players grow tired of it. Seems to have happened everywhere he’s been, and opposition teams work it out.

Think they’ve won something like 5 in 30 odd games (not too dissimilar to our form) and the time was probably right for him to go. 

I said exactly that when he was sacked from City and got slagged for it. Seems I was right.........

Archived