IGNORED

Eliasson

BilboBaggins05

1 minute ago, BilboBaggins05 said:

I thought that last year Johnson got nothing out of him , but this year seems like a completely different player. Be interesting to see how he fairs with Diedhiou, being able to cross a lot more 

Probably be back on the bench Saturday.

38 minutes ago, BilboBaggins05 said:

I thought that last year Johnson got nothing out of him , but this year seems like a completely different player. Be interesting to see how he fairs with Diedhiou, being able to cross a lot more 

Elisson is starting to feel settled after last season.  

A big season for him , and he is taking it. Let's hope he carries on. 

26 minutes ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

His cross in for Weimann was awesome. 

Loved the fact that he hit it first time as it came to him, some players would've taken a touch, maybe tried to get to the byeline, but Niclas had the confidence to stick it into a fantastic area where he knew Weimann would be lurking due to excellent movement. Really hope he becomes a key player this year.

He didn't get too much of an opportunity in this game - not helped by having Kelly behind him playing pretty conservatively - but by and large took his chances very well. Could have done better with the volley, but his set pieces look second to none. Want to see him get more confidence to go past people.

1 minute ago, Luxo Jr. said:

He didn't get too much of an opportunity in this game - not helped by having Kelly behind him playing pretty conservatively - but by and large took his chances very well. Could have done better with the volley, but his set pieces look second to none. Want to see him get more confidence to go past people.

Yeah if him and Kelly start linking up more our left side is going to be ridiculously fast 

Just now, Sturny said:

Yeah if him and Kelly start linking up more our left side is going to be ridiculously fast 

they did link up pretty well, kelly didn't need to bomb forward which inturn would of created space down the left for QPR,

Kelly always looked pass to ellison because Elliason kept beating his marker and is a better crosser of the ball, and the fact Kelly isn't a natural Fullback he's a centre back

4 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

they did link up pretty well, kelly didn't need to bomb forward which inturn would of created space down the left for QPR,

Kelly always looked pass to ellison because Elliason kept beating his marker and is a better crosser of the ball, and the fact Kelly isn't a natural Fullback he's a centre back

It's not all about going forward there were times they were able to rush back super quick into their positions / stop counter attacks.

They were quick, I liked it. 

27 minutes ago, Super said:

Had a point to prove after being ignored on Saturday for some strange reason.

Benched due to playing another to match up to boros physical presence according to LJ.

I dream of the day when we play to our strengths and let the opposition worry about us instead of the other way round!

Anyway really excited by Niclas this season!

47 minutes ago, DownendRed97 said:

Loved the fact that he hit it first time as it came to him, some players would've taken a touch, maybe tried to get to the byeline, but Niclas had the confidence to stick it into a fantastic area where he knew Weimann would be lurking due to excellent movement. Really hope he becomes a key player this year.

The setup by Taylor was extremely clever too. He took two defenders inside to make space for NE and set the ball up for a superb cross.

He's looking good is young Mr Eliasson. 

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

Disagree. Saw many situations where Eliasson got into good positions and Kelly took the safe option instead of trying a through-ball. That obviously can be put down to Kelly being a natural centre-back, as you say, but if he's going to be a leftback too, he needs to get more confidence in taking chances like that - our wingers are a big part of our squad, they need service.

4 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:

Disagree. Saw many situations where Eliasson got into good positions and Kelly took the safe option instead of trying a through-ball. That obviously can be put down to Kelly being a natural centre-back, as you say, but if he's going to be a leftback too, he needs to get more confidence in taking chances like that - our wingers are a big part of our squad, they need service.

Kelly is about twenty games into his career if that. He will learn very quickly, no doubt about it. Joe Bryan at a similar age had to be sent out to lower league football to learn the game and that turned out alright!! The fact we can now trust this kid to learn in our first team without sending him down the leagues tells me he is going to be a player.

I don't know how many times we have played teams down the years and have seen players whipping crosses with pace and bend and wished we had a player like that.  The quality of his crossing is really something special, let's hope he builds on that and shows even more this season. He clearly felt that he should have scored last night, that cushioned volley, was something that I have noticed him do in the warm ups and I don't think I have seen him hit one so far off target before, but at least he was confident enough to try it.

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Kelly is about twenty games into his career if that. He will learn very quickly, no doubt about it. Joe Bryan at a similar age had to be sent out to lower league football to learn the game and that turned out alright!! The fact we can now trust this kid to learn in our first team without sending him down the leagues tells me he is going to be a player.

Oh of course. I was just disagreeing with people saying he and Eliasson linked up well, and to an extent with people saying he was MOTM. He looked very comfortable on the ball, and looks to be a very astute defender, but not an outstanding left back yet.

The way he’s played this season reminds me of Bolasie in flashes the season before his move to Palace - potential bubbling over waiting to explode.

Showing why we invested money in him. He needs games and I’m really pleased he’s getting them. The way the coaching staff talk about him you know he’s got something special.. I predict before the season is out he’ll be seen as a key player along with Weimann and Pack. 

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Eliasson is a perfect example of how players improve. Last season he was getting slagged off by some posters as rubbish, can’t cross the ball.....etc etc........

Now he’s being bigged up.

Are football fans fickle or what?

Shows where we stand as a club in a league where there is way too much cash floating around. The budget we have allows us to sign promising players who have to be coached to improve (e.g. Webster) whereas Middlesbrough are signing “ready made” (by us!!!) centre halves for £7m. Our way takes time and then when the players come of age we sell them!!!

2 minutes ago, Bristol_South_End said:

Also helps he's playing on the left now which is helping his crossing, rather than on the right last season where he was forced to cut inside every time to shoot/cross.

Agreed. He’s a magnificent crosser too and his pace and trickery will buy him time to whip in crosses as he does. Really difficult to defend against and in my opinion needs to be given as many games as possible.

He’s more than capable of being one of the leading assisters in the division - especially when you have the movement of Weimann and the physicality of Diedhiou to aim at.. 

The other thing I like is his attitude. On social media he comes across as humble and hard working. Seemed to be friends with Engvall and Magnússon but doesn’t seem fazed that they’ve left. 

13 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Eliasson is a perfect example of how players improve. Last season he was getting slagged off by some posters as rubbish, can’t cross the ball.....etc etc........

Now he’s being bigged up.

Are football fans fickle or what?

I think the fans were only judging him on what they witnessed on the pitch at that very time. Over critical? Yes. A young player moving from another country to a new league entirely will take time to settle. Now it looks like he’s settling and adapting to the pace of the league we are showing signs of promise. Therefore NE will get the plaudits if playing well. And rightly so.

Archived