IGNORED

Eliasson

BilboBaggins05

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Agreed. He’s a magnificent crosser too and his pace and trickery will buy him time to whip in crosses as he does. Really difficult to defend against and in my opinion needs to be given as many games as possible.

He’s more than capable of being one of the leading assisters in the division - especially when you have the movement of Weimann and the physicality of Diedhiou to aim at.. 

great at a corner as well,

I'd like to see him take the odd free kick because if's he's that good at crosses and corners he should have a good free kick as well

4 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

great at a corner as well,

I'd like to see him take the odd free kick because if's he's that good at crosses and corners he should have a good free kick as well

Agreed. A young tricky winger in and out of the team is always going to be a confidence player. An extended successful run with plenty of assists will give him the swagger players like him thrive off.

I think he’s got an brilliant solo goal in him too - beating 5 or 6 players and curling one in from the edge of the box. 

Hate saying this but in my opinion - much like Kelly - he’s one we should ‘enjoy while he’s here’.

2 hours ago, Super said:

Had a point to prove after being ignored on Saturday for some strange reason.

Agreed. The commentator on the red button last night said he was left out Saturday because LJ cited the physicality of Boro was to much for Eilasson. 

2 hours ago, Luxo Jr. said:

He didn't get too much of an opportunity in this game - not helped by having Kelly behind him playing pretty conservatively - but by and large took his chances very well. Could have done better with the volley, but his set pieces look second to none. Want to see him get more confidence to go past people.

Well put Luxo.

1 hour ago, Cunnyfunt said:

I think the fans were only judging him on what they witnessed on the pitch at that very time. Over critical? Yes. 

Without any consideration and is presumptive  - that if a player doesn’t impress immediately they’re seen as rubbish. That’s happening with threads like Marley..............:facepalm:

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Eliasson is a perfect example of how players improve. Last season he was getting slagged off by some posters as rubbish, can’t cross the ball.....etc etc........

Now he’s being bigged up.

Are football fans fickle or what?

It’s not fickle when he made no impact last season, but is doing this season. 

It’s re-evaluating, rather than fickle. 

48 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Without any consideration and is presumptive  - that if a player doesn’t impress immediately they’re seen as rubbish. That’s happening with threads like Marley..............:facepalm:

You’ve got a point here. I think the psychology of it is that football fans like to think they’re knowledgable in their field.. thus it’s not desirable to have to say ‘he’s only just arrived and hasn’t had a run of games so I will evaluate after that’ - people like to make a snap judgement from the first game.

It’s obviously very flawed but just general football fan psychology. It’s pretty rare for someone to be indifferent to a player - usually they’re ‘shit’ or ‘amazing’ - people just love making snap judgements. 

3 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

I just think he was being spared for last night which looks to have been a good decision.

I said on another thread that I fully expected to start v QPR and like the clever bastard that I  am it happened.

Didn't know you still played Major.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Sure. I think fans last season were looking at the likes of NE to push us on for a top two finish and when that didnt happen it was easy to suggest he wasnt good enough. I agree totally. Football these days seems to demand instant success. The Matt Smith thread a couple of years ago is a great example of this.

Archived