IGNORED

The official bring back the dustbin emoji thread

REDOXO

Surely just take the bin and snake away from the few individuals who overuse/abuse it, i.e. those who go back rubbishing hundreds of posts from someone they've taken a dislike to.

I'd like to see a few more emoji's to choose from personally - if not a bin, how about a good old fashioned thumbs down?  ?

27 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Could we have a 'pistols at dawn' emoji for those who have gone past trading insults ( and rubbish bins) and want to meet up behind the Dolman? :dunno:

Also known as the 'demand satisfaction' emoji for the more gentlemanly among us.

I've checked and we don't have one. We do have the national flag of Wallis and Futuna though ?? that should come in handy.

2 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

You're the forum 'Brian Clough' Tommy. What was it he said, 'We have a disagreement, discuss it and then agree I was right' or something similar? ;) 

Asked how he reacts when one of his players goes to him and says he is doing something wrong, Brian responds: "Good. Well, I ask him which way he thinks it should be done, we get down to it, and then we talk about it for 20 minutes, and then we decide I was right."

6 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I’d like to think your average OTIB poster (who at a guess is 40+) is grown up and mature enough to deal with a cartoon dustbin on their post.

Never taken umbrage with it myself, although I do prefer it when people explain ‘why’ they’ve disliked my post!

I think it should be reinstated personally - a bit sad that people trawl historic posts and ‘dustbin’ them all - as has happened... 

Rubbish 

Tom explained that the bin and snake were deleted because they were abused and that’s fine by me.

They did nothing to enhance the forum largely because the bin  icon was lazy and used with no explanation and personality I’d like to have known why a post was considered rubbish.

As for the snake - I was  never quite sure what it was supposed to mean..............:dunno:

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Tom explained that the bin and snake were deleted because they were abused and that’s fine by me.

They did nothing to enhance the forum largely because the bin  icon was lazy and used with no explanation and personality I’d like to have known why a post was considered rubbish.

As for the snake - I was  never quite sure what it was supposed to mean..............:dunno:

They were somewhat pointless too as they were neural (0 point) value ones. Just like when we had + and - reputations it was the minority ruining it for the majority. 

We will have to have a look through and see what else we could add but they’ll all be +1 reputations regardless 

4 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

They were somewhat pointless too as they were neural (0 point) value ones. Just like when we had + and - reputations it was the minority ruining it for the majority. 

We will have to have a look through and see what else we could add but they’ll all be +1 reputations regardless 

Most of us can handle negative reactions to a post but something that encourages laziness should be avoided imv.

If you think a a thread/post is rubbish then say it rather  than simply using a negative icon.  Better for otib if there are none.

12 hours ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

I bet you those posters who cried at the bin reaction are also moaning in everyday life about how “everyone gets offended these days”. Sad sad people.

It wasn't people who cried, it was people who purposely abused it

15 hours ago, Tomarse said:

If you're taking requests Tom, is there any chance we could not have 'l ol' auto-correcting to ':laugh:' please?

Surely everyone on the planet knows what 'l ol' means now?! Or is there some other reason we don't allow it that I've missed? 

36 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

It wasn't people who cried, it was people who purposely abused it

Is it not possible to just remove the privilege of using those particular emoji's from the (presumably) few posters who purposely abused them?

It seems funny to have recently vastly increased the number of emoji's available and then go on to reduce the reactions to posts by almost a third soon after.

Up to you of course.

Archived