IGNORED

I suggested this a little while ago,about severn bridge toll

Never to the dark side

No I ain't claiming this as my idea,as some one must have thought of it before me.

When we visited Cardiff city last time,I mentioned why can you not pay in advance for the toll

using a credit card

This would then speed things up

There could have been a pre-payment booth

that the barrier was raised and lowered

so the registration number of your car could be taken

Any way the tolls are to be done away with at the end of the year

Don't forget its £5.60p,please have the right money we don't wanna any one arriving late for the game

They're not going to spend any money on the toll booths given they're going within the next 4 months. Contactless payment is already an option and you also have the TAG pay as you go system which is a hillarious bit of prime 90's electronics  - the size of small semi detached house. 

22 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Is it ok to pay with shillings and thrupenny bits?

As long as they got the Queen’s  head on them and not the King’s  you’ll be fine.

Seriously, will that many people drive? Less than 2000 tickets so most will go by train or coach?

17 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

Shows what I know,I thought the TAG system was for lorries only

Still don't know what TAG is any way.

Contactless is a new thing and I would have thought it would have been cash only

very few credit cards back in the year we won the world cup

Credit Card Payments began on the bridge when the Ryder Cup was at Celtic Manor in 2010.  

Contactless has been there for a good 18-24 months.   The TAG system has been there pretty much since 1995-6 http://www.severnbridge.co.uk/Home.aspx?.Parent=severn-tag18&FileName=what-is-a-tag20 

23 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

Just shows the class system is still alive and kicking

wembley closed 2000 to 2007 most football finals played in Cardiff

How many hundreds of thousands

would have liked to use a credit card?

golf for a few days and a few thousand visitors and they allow credit cards

Why 
Do you post in
Haiku's?
:) 

7 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Why 
Do you post in
Haiku's?
:)

My knowledge of vocabulary has been extensively expanded since joining this site and here is just another example.

Haiku (俳句)  (plural haiku) is a very short Japanese poem with seventeen syllables and three verses. It is typically characterized by three qualities:

1. The essence of haiku is "cutting"  This is often represented by the juxtaposition of two images or ideas and akireji ("cutting word") between them] a kind of verbal punctuation mark which signals the moment of separation and colours the manner in which the juxtaposed elements are related.
  2. Traditional haiku consist of 17 on (also known as morae though often loosely translated as "syllables"), in three phrases of 5, 7, and 5 on, respectively (An alternative form of haiku consists of 11 on in three phrases of 3, 5, and 3 on, respectively.) However, some authors are critical with the distribution of syllables, such as Vicente Haya or Jaime Lorente.
  3. A kigo (seasonal reference), usually drawn from a saijiki, an extensive but defined list of such terms.

Usually I find I need some sort of English translation for some of NTTDS posts and hadn't fully appreciated the fact the original was probably written in Japanese

1 hour ago, Never to the dark side said:

Just shows the class system is still alive and kicking

wembley closed 2000 to 2007 most football finals played in Cardiff

How many hundreds of thousands

would have liked to use a credit card?

golf for a few days and a few thousand visitors and they allow credit cards

Just to point out that the “few thousand visitors” for the Ryder Cup in 2010 was actually 224,000.

Archived