IGNORED

Tomas Kalas Signed On Loan (Merged)

BessexRED

1 hour ago, glastonred said:

Very happy with this signing. But where does this leave Hegeler and  Taylor Moore? Had hoped they might come to the fore this season, by at least getting a few games. Looks very unlikely now.

Don’t think they are good enough mate and I’m pretty confident the coaching staff think that too.

4 hours ago, glastonred said:

Very happy with this signing. But where does this leave Hegeler and  Taylor Moore? Had hoped they might come to the fore this season, by at least getting a few games. Looks very unlikely now.

Taylor Moore will become a very solid right back.......and play for a better side than us.

No signing is "out of the blue"......they all take time and effort from everyone involved not too mention a large dollop of patience......i bet this was helped by Tammy again....nice to know that he enjoyed his time here enough to tell others its worth coming here when asked....

7 hours ago, milo1111 said:

Don’t think they are good enough mate and I’m pretty confident the coaching staff think that too.

Wouldn’t say that in the case of Moore. 

Prior to his injury, he was looking like he’d be a part of the squad more this season - the LJ ‘mic’ video certainly indicated that and there were no whispers of him going on loan.

The metrics have changed a bit with Wright and Baker now injured, so an established player like Kalas is needed. However, when one or both of those are back, TM is not likely to see the squad much (in effect this pushes him from 4th to 5th choice CH). So, you get what LJ said in the press conference yesterday - we can let him out on loan, L1 and SPL interested. That has to be best (a la Vyner at Plymouth last year) for his development - get him regular games at the level up from where he was last year.

Maybe I’m clinging to the Hull cup game a couple of years ago, but I think there’s a player there, and I think LJ does too

20 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Wouldn’t say that in the case of Moore. 

Prior to his injury, he was looking like he’d be a part of the squad more this season - the LJ ‘mic’ video certainly indicated that and there were no whispers of him going on loan.

The metrics have changed a bit with Wright and Baker now injured, so an established player like Kalas is needed. However, when one or both of those are back, TM is not likely to see the squad much (in effect this pushes him from 4th to 5th choice CH). So, you get what LJ said in the press conference yesterday - we can let him out on loan, L1 and SPL interested. That has to be best (a la Vyner at Plymouth last year) for his development - get him regular games at the level up from where he was last year.

Maybe I’m clinging to the Hull cup game a couple of years ago, but I think there’s a player there, and I think LJ does too

It is also the case that for whatever reason the development period for young players is rather longer these days so it is wise not to write them off if they are not established first team players at 21 say.

11 hours ago, Neo said:

So what is our best back 4 now (currently fit) with head ruling heart?

I know Lloyd fans (of which I am one but not gushing like some) it has to be :- 

Hunt - Webster - Kalas - Da Silva

This for me this is the best mix of speed on the flanks and decent experience in the middle.

I think Lloyd is a CB more than a LB and he is very good cover but not a starter at the moment.

if we plan to play a back 4, I think we may be reverting to a 3-5-2 wing backs

3 solid centre backs in Webster Kalas and Bakers 2 mobile wing backs in DaSilva and hunt, two deep laying midfielders in Pack and brown hill and two strong forwards in Fammy and Weinman and a player in the hole in elliason

1 hour ago, Fodbarmyarmy said:

No signing is "out of the blue"......they all take time and effort from everyone involved not too mention a large dollop of patience......i bet this was helped by Tammy again....nice to know that he enjoyed his time here enough to tell others its worth coming here when asked....

You might lose that bet.

It was all down to the manager (interview 2 minutes in).

What was his name again?  ?

8 hours ago, milo1111 said:

8 hours ago, hodge said:

Hegeler maybe, but what's given you that impression of Moore?

I believe the coaching staff think Moore has the potential even though his CTFC loan wasn’t brilliant.  Playing out from the back in the Champ suits his game more but still needs to be more physical on the defensive side.

Flaming amazing signing.  Two promotions from this league already.  Genuinely amazed we have him with us for the season.

Taylor Moore needs to grow one of these Scandinavian beards and he'll be in the team for sure at some stage this season.

WELCOME TO THE CLUB KALAS

59 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

if we plan to play a back 4, I think we may be reverting to a 3-5-2 wing backs

3 solid centre backs in Webster Kalas and Bakers 2 mobile wing backs in DaSilva and hunt, two deep laying midfielders in Pack and brown hill and two strong forwards in Fammy and Weinman and a player in the hole in elliason

I think there is a weakness in playing Baker on the LHS of a 3.  He isn’t a great passer, and he’d get exposed for pace down the channel in behind the LWB.  He’s much better when in a 4 with a narrower LB.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think there is a weakness in playing Baker on the LHS of a 3.  He isn’t a great passer, and he’d get exposed for pace down the channel in behind the LWB.  He’s much better when in a 4 with a narrower LB.

If we go 3 at the back it has to be Kalas/Webster & Kelly.   Baker needs a kick up the ass as been appalling since January and has gone from our best defender to not even an automatic starter in such a short space of time. 

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

he's be the stopper in the middle

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Possibly....I just don’t see him there personally.

Or you play how chelsea played it. Defensive centre backs on the outside, with the ball player/sweeper on the inside. They had Cahill as the LCB, with Luiz bring the ball out from the middle of the three.

9 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

Or you play how chelsea played it. Defensive centre backs on the outside, with the ball player/sweeper on the inside. They had Cahill as the LCB, with Luiz bring the ball out from the middle of the three.

Yeah, I get the options, just don’t see Baker in a 3.  Guessing with Webster, Kalas and Kelly, you might argue he’s not required.  I wouldn’t have been saying that 8 months ago, but opinions on players can change.  Feel he coasted second half of last season.

18 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yeah, I get the options, just don’t see Baker in a 3.  Guessing with Webster, Kalas and Kelly, you might argue he’s not required.  I wouldn’t have been saying that 8 months ago, but opinions on players can change.  Feel he coasted second half of last season.

I prefer the 3 you choose too but I suspect Baker hasn't been helped by the constant niggles LJ was talking about recently.

4 minutes ago, chinapig said:

I prefer the 3 you choose too but I suspect Baker hasn't been helped by the constant niggles LJ was talking about recently.

I said in a post a week or so ago.

• is Baker playing through the pain barrier and being a warrior
  • is Johnson asking him to play through the pain barrier (like he asked Bailey to) when he’s saying he’s not fit
  • is Baker saying he’s fit when he’s not
  • etc

we don’t know, but we do know he isn’t the player he was pre-QPR red card.

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I believe the coaching staff think Moore has the potential even though his CTFC loan wasn’t brilliant.  Playing out from the back in the Champ suits his game more but still needs to be more physical on the defensive side.

I was going on his Cheltenham loan Dave and his lack off game time with us. I hope I’m wrong but he came with promise and isn’t a kid anymore. Maybe the development of players is a longer process these days. 

10 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

I was going on his Cheltenham loan Dave and his lack off game time with us. I hope I’m wrong but he came with promise and isn’t a kid anymore. Maybe the development of players is a longer process these days. 

I think in the main that is the case.  Kelly is an exception.  Moore is 21, appears to have made a real impression during pre-season and LJ has stated that needs games...Lg1/SPL...even Champ.  If City do think he has it (I do) then persevere with him...he won’t peak til 25 or later....don’t let another club have him during his best years.

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think in the main that is the case.  Kelly is an exception.  Moore is 21, appears to have made a real impression during pre-season and LJ has stated that needs games...Lg1/SPL...even Champ.  If City do think he has it (I do) then persevere with him...he won’t peak til 25 or later....don’t let another club have him during his best years.

We can go on about Moore forever. There is a top player in there but may not be at champ level because of they physicality of it. Not a league like it imo anywhere else even prem. 

I didn’t like his loan at CTFC. Not good enough players and played out of position. Probably good to get the minutes though but don’t think you can judge his potential on that loan spell. Arguable impressed more a league higher with Bury so was a strange one. 

Not everyone can be LK. When we talked about LK playing 35-40 games I felt he could handle it. He is a special talent and will look good almost anywhere he plays. Moore is good but not that level of talent. So when LJ says Kelly will be a CB at 24 I think you can apply that feeling to Vyner and Moore as well.

Kelly is almost 20 and Moore and Vyner 21. They have plenty and need plenty of time to develop. Think with accessto so much football around Europe we get spolied with seeing teenagers succeeding. Even here with Abraham. Truth is we are seeing the elite youth of each country. Europe gives more opportunity but it is to special types like Abraham, Kelly or Sessengon. There are far more that won’t make a name for themselves until their mid to late 20s and that is ok. I’d rather be patient with Taylor Moores and Zak Vyners than bring in more Hegelers or Wrights. Not bad players but will be on 5 times the wages while filling spots on the bench

With everyone playing to their true potential....and at their best...this is a team I would like to see play. On form...imo...that team could do some damage.

How nice to see three 'CB's at the Club, that are ball winners...but mobile, able to play football, athletic, and find a pass.

------------------------------------------------------------Nikki--------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------Kalas---------------------------Webster---------------------------Kelly------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------Pack-------------------------------------------------------------------

Odowda-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Elliasson

------------------------------Brownhill---------------------------------------------Patto--------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------Fam---------------------Weimann------------------------------------------------

2 hours ago, spudski said:

With everyone playing to their true potential....and at their best...this is a team I would like to see play. On form...imo...that team could do some damage.

How nice to see three 'CB's at the Club, that are ball winners...but mobile, able to play football, athletic, and find a pass.

------------------------------------------------------------Nikki--------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------Kalas---------------------------Webster---------------------------Kelly------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------Pack-------------------------------------------------------------------

Odowda-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Elliasson

------------------------------Brownhill---------------------------------------------Patto--------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------Fam---------------------Weimann------------------------------------------------

Looks a bit weak down the left flank for me.

Archived