IGNORED

Olympiakos v Burnley

Robbored

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Anyone know if on tv?  Can’t seem to find it anywhere..

Try hesgoal.com RR - looks like it's on there.

It's the best streaming site I've found.

25 minutes ago, Coppello said:

Sky have lost La Liga coverage? 

Yep, for the first time in 20 odd years I think.

I think their only overseas football now is MLS.

However Eleven haven’t yet secured a TV platform, it’s only available online, so not sure how long they’ll stick in the game.

7 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Think I read that La Liga rights in the Indian subcontinent are now owned by Facebook! 

Yeah probably - they’ve shown Major League Baseball on Facebook in the US.

Amazon have had ATP tennis and now have a PL tv package next year.

The futures here....and if you want to watch all it it’s going to be expensive. Very expensive.

1 hour ago, jimmyb said:

Yep, for the first time in 20 odd years I think.

I think their only overseas football now is MLS.

However Eleven haven’t yet secured a TV platform, it’s only available online, so not sure how long they’ll stick in the game.

That's ridiculous. I don't know what you really get with a Sky Sports subscription these days. They lost the Ashes a couple of years ago, the Champions League and half of the Premier League games. They thought they had a monopoly and then the world evolved around them. Would love to see them get into trouble. 

6 minutes ago, Coppello said:

That's ridiculous. I don't know what you really get with a Sky Sports subscription these days. They lost the Ashes a couple of years ago, the Champions League and half of the Premier League games. They thought they had a monopoly and then the world evolved around them. Would love to see them get into trouble. 

They didn’t lose the ashes - they lost the right to televise Australia home test matches.  

8 minutes ago, Coppello said:

Yeah, you certainly get a lot less than you used to. They didn’t have much of an answer when I rang for my annual ‘this isn’t worth full price conversation’.

I think on some things they’ve been complacent and just thought they’d get the rights without competition and got caught out. La liga, Australia cricket for a couple.

I think they were quite happy to lose the CL, from what I understand the groups don’t generate the interest they used to and BT just blew everyone out of the water to get those.

If Amazon make a success of their package (not sure they will - streaming live as opposed to recorded material is a different challenge - see how delayed some of the QPR streams were) then the whole landscape is going to change again.

Sadly not good news for Jonny Punter as the amount of subs you’ll need is going to be very costly....

9 hours ago, jimmyb said:

If Amazon make a success of their package (not sure they will - streaming live as opposed to recorded material is a different challenge - see how delayed some of the QPR streams were) then the whole landscape is going to change again.

Sadly not good news for Jonny Punter as the amount of subs you’ll need is going to be very costly....

Isn’t Amazon’s package effectively just 1 weekend of games? Obviously they’re dipping their toe in gently but I think they already have rights to live tennis and budesliga? So they’re no mugs at live events. Facebook, Twitter and YouTube all stream live sports.

Sky are dinosaurs and BT not far behind. 

Archived