IGNORED

Tammy

Redmycolour

21 minutes ago, Redmycolour said:

Johnson admits, Tammy won't be coming here, big wages, city won't pay it, NO AMBITION,

Please use one of the zillion emojis Tom has provided so we can tell if you are serious about suggesting we can pay his reported £40k a week.

I'm usually highly financially cautious with us, but I'm going to suggest that over a season (this season) we could afford to pay it- as a one off- with no serious long term effects in terms of FFP Compliance.

The key proviso being that if we came close to promotion with it, then that risk is that 'One more push' and then before we know it we're losing £20m a year. That's the danger with such signings- we can do it at this time but moving forward we need to stick to a sound plan- but with flexibility thrown in.

QPR a club in much more dire straits financially than us have just loaned Wells and Hemed FWIW.

The benefit of a season long loan, even at those wages, is that you are not shelling out on a long term deal. Yes, I think it would be theoretically possible without FFP problems to loan Tammy. Do I think it would happen? No.

9 minutes ago, RobArnold10 said:

Estimated to be on 50k a week...so no, not a lack of ambition, just a lack of ability to pay mental wages. 

...and a hefty loan fee to Chelsea on top.

If he ends up staying at Chelsea and playing next to no football, it’s a terrible decision from them for his development and holding out for large wage contributions is a flaw.

If he ends up out playing - no matter how crap - then he will end up developing somewhat. 

Its either try and find a way to pay the wages of these players or admitt what we are, a jobbing Championship club that will STRUGGLE to compete at this level instead of the usual horse shit that comes out of the Lansdowns familys mouth each summer to try and get in new season ticket holders.

Its getting boring now.. either put there money where there mouth is or shut up about effing Prem football cus it aint happening on the cheap.

12 minutes ago, downendcity said:

...and a hefty loan fee to Chelsea on top.

I saw a report a few weeks ago suggesting the loan fee was £10m. No idea if that is accurate but it would certainly be very substantial.

It was reported that Swansea paid a £5m fee for him last season, so that is likely the minimum benchmark.

14 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

QPR a club in much more dire straits financially than us have just loaned Wells and Hemed FWIW.

The benefit of a season long loan, even at those wages, is that you are not shelling out on a long term deal. Yes, I think it would be theoretically possible without FFP problems to loan Tammy. Do I think it would happen? No.

Perhaps some of their wages is being covered by their parent club -maybe they’re doing it with a view to perm transfer and that’s how they can afford it ? Otherwise I’m not sure how they could afford it ... 

2 minutes ago, Brann-red said:

Perhaps some of their wages is being covered by their parent club -maybe they’re doing it with a view to perm transfer and that’s how they can afford it ? Otherwise I’m not sure how they could afford it ... 

Unsure with parachute payments running out for them post this season, a view to permanent would be remotely feasible for QPR without promotion this season.

Wages? Perhaps Chelsea or some other nice PL club may care to subsidise wages for us then, when loaning. Maybe they already are with Kalas in which case my comment is null and void.

13 minutes ago, bris red said:

Its either try and find a way to pay the wages of these players or admitt what we are, a jobbing Championship club that will STRUGGLE to compete at this level instead of the usual horse shit that comes out of the Lansdowns familys mouth each summer to try and get in new season ticket holders.

Its getting boring now.. either put there money where there mouth is or shut up about effing Prem football cus it aint happening on the cheap.

That's what I said a couple of weeks ago, Landsdown not will to pay the wages, gives all the talk to sell season tkts, to stay in this league, 

27 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Unsure with parachute payments running out for them post this season, a view to permanent would be remotely feasible for QPR without promotion this season.

Wages? Perhaps Chelsea or some other nice PL club may care to subsidise wages for us then, when loaning. Maybe they already are with Kalas in which case my comment is null and void.

Isn’t this QPR’s fourth season since relegation from the top flight? So their parachute payments have already stopped?

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Isn’t this QPR’s fourth season since relegation from the top flight? So their parachute payments have already stopped?

I think they got relegated under a set of rules which meant 4 years- so this could well be final years. Parachute payments seem to be a movable feast...

SwissRamble summarised it perfectly, and I will put it up- though I think Norwich's are up and that's the only likely error on there.

DlG61PxXoAAWChu.jpg

17 minutes ago, Redmycolour said:

That's what I said a couple of weeks ago, Landsdown not will to pay the wages, gives all the talk to sell season tkts, to stay in this league, 

£7.5m on a player for one season? Sounds like a financially sound plan given the odds would still be likely against us to go up.

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

I think they got relegated under a set of rules which meant 4 years- so this could well be final years. Parachute payments seem to be a movable feast...

SwissRamble summarised it perfectly, and I will put it up:

DlG61PxXoAAWChu.jpg

Cheers for the clarification....how confusing! I always thought those payments were only paid for the three seasons following relegation...didn’t know it had changed...

Archived