IGNORED

Bristol City v Swansea City Match Day 5

Having no lifeboat when the ship is going down must be one of the most lingering 'end of my life' feelings. Slowly watching the vessel submerge itself with only a life jacket, not a shoreline in sight and in cold seas.

I am thinking of those who have experienced such a moment right now as I ramble on and say to all you fellow brilliant Bristol City fans, following our club through a little bit of treacle but mostly very runny vinegar, to take it away, take the match day and make it yours today. Mine is not the sinking ship but a washed up metaphor of it for another time.

Up the table.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Having no lifeboat when the ship is going down must be one of the most lingering 'end of my life' feelings. Slowly watching the vessel submerge itself with only a life jacket, not a shoreline in sight and in cold seas.

I am thinking of those who have experienced such a moment right now as I ramble on and say to all you fellow brilliant Bristol City fans, following our club through a little bit of treacle but mostly very runny vinegar, to take it away, take the match day and make it yours today. Mine is not the sinking ship but a washed up metaphor of it for another time.

Up the table.

Condensed Version

Swansea:

Hav's been on the wacky baccy again !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Hmmm 1

Planning to watch on BCTV later.  Feeling a bit more upbeat following a better performance in midweek, but the Swans will provide a much stiffer test.

I guess LJ will not want to tinker with a winning formula too much other than to bring in the new CH in place of Eros alongside Webster with Kelly at LB and Hunt on the right.

I'm enjoying seeing a keeper who comes for crosses, comes out of his box and can kick a football in between the touchlines for a change.

A midfield of Watkins, Brownhill, Pack and Eliasson?  Or will we try a 352 formation?

Probably Andi & Matty up front again and now into game 5 of Fam's spitting ban.

All may depend on the fitness of one or two with knocks.

A win would propel us right up the table, but I would bemore than happy with a point today.

Edited by wendyredredrobin

Think Swansea will suit our style today. Two decent footballing teams, it’s just whether we can hurt them in the right areas and when it counts. They will punish us no doubt.

I’d like to see...

Maenpaa

Hunt            Kalas        Webster        Kelly

Brownhill      Pack       O’Dowda

Taylor         Weimann      Eliasson

Or maybe a 352 as LJ mentioned it in the preview...

Maenpaa

Kalas      Webster      Kelly                    

Hunt   Brownhill   Pack  O’Dowda  Eliasson 

Taylor    Weimann

43 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Up the table.

Blimey 'Hav.............it'll be seagulls & trawlers next...

COYR

• Hmmm 1
51 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Condensed Version

Swansea:

Hav's been on the wacky baccy again !!

i have not but its a fair shout...

Mods... Please amend the match day title to correctly place swansea before city... What was I thinking? HAHAHAHA..... OBVIOULSY does not apply to football sequences anymore just havin' a larf'. 

Before Kalas was signed I would have feared for our defence as McBurnie would have caused us problems but assuming Kalas goes straight into the side I’m a little more hopeful of a positive result.

They are not a bad footballing side and play a similar style to us so it should be a good game to watch. Could go either way so would take a draw

31 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

i have not but its a fair shout...

Mods... Please amend the match day title to correctly place swansea before city... What was I thinking? HAHAHAHA..... OBVIOULSY does not apply to football sequences anymore just havin' a larf'. 

We'll have none of that "larf and larking around" on here thank you Sir. This is a serious forum you know. :disapointed2se:?

1 hour ago, havanatopia said:

Up the table. 

Just Married -  Honeymoon 'period' ?   

• Hmmm 1

Looking forward to seeing Matty Taylor today.  Thought he looked sluggish v Boro, and despite his goal and hard work v QPR I thought he still didn’t look sharp.

LJ mentioned in his presser that he thought MT had got the rustiness out of his legs on Tuesday, so i’m Hoping to see more from him today.

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Looking forward to seeing Matty Taylor today.  Thought he looked sluggish v Boro, and despite his goal and hard work v QPR I thought he still didn’t look sharp.

LJ mentioned in his presser that he thought MT had got the rustiness out of his legs on Tuesday, so i’m Hoping to see more from him today.

Bet he benches him now.

• Haha 1