IGNORED

Bristol City v Swansea City Match Day 5

8 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

You reds!!!!! Back to back clean sheets?!?!

Indeed, and in away games at that!

All the stuff about Flint, including how we were going to replace his goals, was a red herring.

With or without him we had to stop conceding so many goals. Let's hope these 2 clean sheets are the start of a trend.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I'm not one to keep my head below the parapet.

What a difference a (four) day(s) make(s).

Apologies to everyone for my miseries last week. Let's hope this is not another false dawn.

I don’t think it’s a dawn of any description. But I do think it shows we are still capable of winning games in this division, our summer recruitment doesn’t appear to be that bad, we have replaced certain players, and probably won’t be relegated.

All accusations that have been made in recent weeks without any sort of decent sample size of games on which to judge.

Time will tell, but let’s at least give this squad a chance to impress.

• Like 2

Great win, great performance and a clean sheet and I have to admit 5 more points than I was expecting out of the last 2 games, Kalas looks a player, he and Webster looked as if they had played together for ages, we kept them mainly at long range.

I only have a few of little niggles, we should have scored more, as good as Hunt is he worries me by seeming to be oblivious to where his man far too often for our own good and from 65 minutes until 80 minutes we surrendered too much midfield territory, but regained it going into the last 10 minutes.

Diedhiou to come back and hopefully another urgently required midfielder and looking more cohesive.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Ian on RB says we have a midfield player coming in on loan next week, anybody itk about this?

Definitely not Ian.

Methinks he’s been reading Nixon’s tweets and passing it off as his inside info. Which is a surprise, as it’s not like him....

Edited by Silvio Dante
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

£23m of talent out the door but only one defeat in the first five, consecutive clean sheets and consecutive away wins. I’ll take that.

There’ll be a few posters we don’t hear from tonight.

Do you know what? I hope we do hear from them. I hope they can come on and give some praise for the last couple of games. Half the problem is how blinkered some of the opinions are how showing even a modicum of positivity or optimism is seen as being a happy clapper. How not thinking the season is over and a relegation fight is a certainty after three games is seen as delusional.  And in actual fact, if they were able to be positive when its due then their other comments would have more merit.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Oh dear, the summer business doesn't look so bad now does it. We look amazing, LJ is an absolute genius.

Haha, lets not get carried away. Yes we looked good, but that is first complete performance of this season, now we need to build on it. Also LJ had a bit of luck in Watkins having to go off, and COD coming on to play much better than he was. 

Brilliant day though ?

• Like 2

Wasn’t there but watched at home 

Maenpa - 9. Felt confident with him in goal going into the last 10 mins. Claimed everything. Made good saves and seems commanding. I don’t like to belittle players but I feel with FF in goal they would’ve scored with the pressure they applied late on. 

Hunt - 7. Kept a clean sheet and obviously helped with that. Montero had the better side of him on a few occasions but in all honesty Montero will probably do that to most RB this season

Kalas - 8. Calm and composed. Positioning is second to none, blocks crosses, intercepts and has a footballing brain. Knows when to pass short and when to play it into the channels. 

Webster - 8. Was strong today. Won a lot of headers and same as Kalas, positioning was good and use of the ball was good as well.

Kelly - 9. (MOTM) Giving him an extra mark due to his age. He is something special, no fear and strong in the tackle. Again part of the back line that looked solid today. 

Watkins (5) O’Dowda - 7. Watkins, not sure if I’m expecting too much from him but it’s as if he’s trying too hard to create chances. O’Dowda, a solid performance, helped Hunt and Pisano out with the countless attacks down their left and looked good going forward. 

Brownhill - 8. Another special player. Gets stuck in. Up for a physical battle and has some very nice touches. Gets himself all over the pitch.

Pack - 8. Keeps it simple, ball keeps moving. Links defence to strikers incredibly well and very useful in the air.

Elliason - 8. Another assist for our swede! This will be the season he shines. If we can keep that back line solid so he doesn’t have to drop back, even though he was good at that today as well, he’ll get 10-15 assists this season. 

Taylor - 7. Challenged every ball. Ran the channels but doesn’t find himself in the goal scoring positions I’d want my ST to be in. It’ll come with confidence and game time I’m sure though.

Weimann - 9. Signing of the summer for the league? Puts himself about. Comfortable on the league and he gets himself in the position to score goals. Him and Eliasson can form a formidable partnership. 

Pato and Pisano weren’t on long enough for a rating. 

• Like 1