IGNORED

Bristol City v Swansea City Match Day 5

2 minutes ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

Wasn’t there but watched at home 

Maenpa - 9. Felt confident with him in goal going into the last 10 mins. Claimed everything. Made good saves and seems commanding. I don’t like to belittle players but I feel with FF in goal they would’ve scored with the pressure they applied late on. 

Hunt - 7. Kept a clean sheet and obviously helped with that. Montero had the better side of him on a few occasions but in all honesty Montero will probably do that to most RB this season

Kalas - 8. Calm and composed. Positioning is second to none, blocks crosses, intercepts and has a footballing brain. Knows when to pass short and when to play it into the channels. 

Webster - 8. Was strong today. Won a lot of headers and same as Kalas, positioning was good and use of the ball was good as well.

Kelly - 9. (MOTM) Giving him an extra mark due to his age. He is something special, no fear and strong in the tackle. Again part of the back line that looked solid today. 

Watkins (5) O’Dowda - 7. Watkins, not sure if I’m expecting too much from him but it’s as if he’s trying too hard to create chances. O’Dowda, a solid performance, helped Hunt and Pisano out with the countless attacks down their left and looked good going forward. 

Brownhill - 8. Another special player. Gets stuck in. Up for a physical battle and has some very nice touches. Gets himself all over the pitch.

Pack - 8. Keeps it simple, ball keeps moving. Links defence to strikers incredibly well and very useful in the air.

Elliason - 8. Another assist for our swede! This will be the season he shines. If we can keep that back line solid so he doesn’t have to drop back, even though he was good at that today as well, he’ll get 10-15 assists this season. 

Taylor - 7. Challenged every ball. Ran the channels but doesn’t find himself in the goal scoring positions I’d want my ST to be in. It’ll come with confidence and game time I’m sure though.

Weimann - 9. Signing of the summer for the league? Puts himself about. Comfortable on the league and he gets himself in the position to score goals. Him and Eliasson can form a formidable partnership. 

Pato and Pisano weren’t on long enough for a rating. 

Generous marks for Hunt & Watkins, but otherwise a fair assessment I'd say. Great overall performance.

4 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Haha, lets not get carried away. Yes we looked good, but that is first complete performance of this season, now we need to build on it. Also LJ had a bit of luck in Watkins having to go off, and COD coming on to play much better than he was. 

Brilliant day though ?

Complete performances are rare, most teams will do well to get a handful in a season.

The key is to pick up points from the incomplete ones.

8 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

From Swansea forums:

Bristol City's passing is slicker and more accurate than ours and Andreas Weimann is head and shoulders above everybody else on the pitch. Very classy player.
We have been totally outplayed

We r second best today guys

Is that the general attitude? 

Sometimes fans (ourselves included) are so focused on their own team they find it hard to credit the opposition so if that is the general attitude it shows just how well we played.

• Like 2

I said during the thread I was listening to commentary on Radio Wales so not City biased at all and they were purring about the Kelly/Eliasson combination on our left. Some of the comments about them, Lloyd in particular, were really complimentary - for instance, when he did finally get done by Montero late on they said it was the first time he`d put a foot wrong all day. What was most interesting and encouraging was how they emphasised it was his skill that was doing it for him rather than being physical - they said this several times.

We have a great player in this young man.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Really good, if somewhat unexpected, win today. Obviously the early goal turned out to be vital but we should have been 2 or 3 up by 70 minutes. At that point we sat back but never looked in real trouble. 

LJ did a great job on the tactics today. Kelly and Kalas so assured at the back. Ellissson put in numerous dangerous crosses and Weimann again a good performance.  

Blackburn a tough game next week but that was our best performance in ages and I hope we can build on it now. 

4 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL

4 hours ago, old_eastender said:

Taylor!!!

4 hours ago, old_eastender said:

Not sure if Taylor or Weimann, but 0-1 !!!

There was a clue to be fare!