IGNORED

Local sides in the FA Cup today.

JamesBCFC

9 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

A little earlier than that Howe (MFs 10) was clipped by the goalkeeper and the gk was booked, I thought that happened inside the box but we only got a freekick.

Was behind the goal for the handball shout and couldn't tell, but one of MFs players had a perfect view and he was absolutely adamant it was handball.

I was right behind the handball, the guys hand was up but it hit his head. 

The penalty shout was certainly in the box, braindead goalkeeping really

13 hours ago, Arsene's Wanger said:

Final scores.

Taunton 5 St.Albans 2

Chippenham 4 Hendon 1.

An excellent result for 7th tier Taunton against 6th tier St Albans City (6th in the National League South, ie above Bath City, Torquay United & Weston).

NB - St Albans team included one David Noble!

Next up are Billericay, who are currently top of the National League South.

On 10/10/2018 at 18:08, kivsy said:

I might go to Weston v bath. As I work til 2.  So no chance of getting to Brentford . Yes I know it’s sold out too ! 

I assume Weston will be city fans and  bath overs ? 

Anyone know what food it like at half time 

Big game big rivalry. Bath always bring a good following. 

Food is made by local Italian restaurant Michelangelo- burgers, hot dogs, chips

Over on gaschat; http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/13122/draw-fa-cup-on-monday

IPgas posted; Wonder who we will lose to this year?

mtfc; Would be great if it was away to the winners of Weston and Bath. Brian Seymour Smith could use his contacts and recommend it is on live so we can get some money. What is our record 2 FA cup defeats against non league in last 4 years and FA trophy defeat as well! Should be a good shout for a live game for shock value against any non league team, home or away!

socrates; I hope we get Peterborough or Pompey away to save us from the usual embarrassing defeat to a semi pro side.

Hey! Does mtfc stand for Mansfield Town FC? 

11 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

That is a cracking result for Taunton against the big spenders.

It is! I had them down for a right spanking today. It should be a good turnout and great atmosphere for the replay - particularly if there`s a tasty 1st round game up for grabs.

Pity JET didn`t sign for them in the end, it would have put 500 on the gate if he was playing at Wordsworth Drive!

On 08/10/2018 at 17:25, JamesBCFC said:

Dunston UTS vs Gateshead could be a good one.

Dunston is an area of Gateshead, so about as much of a derby as they could have asked.

However, Dunston are in the Northern League division one (Tier nine) and Gateshead are Conference (or Division 5/League 3 as it is known to the Blue lot.)

Reckon BBC might pick that as their red button game.

Played there years ago.  Lots of Gazza memorabilia in the bar / clubhouse.

Easy for Torquay and good games for the City loanees. Connor Evans was running the show as an attacking midfielder and scored two goals, looks like he would be even better playing with decent players, no disrespect but they are a 6th tier team now that wouldn't dream of playing out from the keeper or a free kick in their own half. 

Also a good lively game from Saikou Janneh, who really put himself about and also got a goal. Opi Edwards also had an effective game.

It's such a long way from the Championship, Winchester are 7th tier, that it's hard to judge if they could make the step up. At the moment I only think Connor could because he's so comfortable on the ball but a lot to do yet.

Oh, and they love Gary Johnson and sung his name much to Garys delight

27 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Easy for Torquay and good games for the City loanees. Connor Evans was running the show as an attacking midfielder and scored two goals, looks like he would be even better playing with decent players, no disrespect but they are a 6th tier team now that wouldn't dream of playing out from the keeper or a free kick in their own half. 

Also a good lively game from Saikou Janneh, who really put himself about and also got a goal. Opi Edwards also had an effective game.

It's such a long way from the Championship, Winchester are 7th tier, that it's hard to judge if they could make the step up. At the moment I only think Connor could because he's so comfortable on the ball but a lot to do yet.

Oh, and they love Gary Johnson and sung his name much to Garys delight

Where was Janneh playing?

I thought he's a centre forward but the teamsheet had him as number 2, which is traditionally the number for RB.

On 10/10/2018 at 09:01, myol'man said:

For those not going to Brentford;

Weston-super-Mare15:00Bath City

Saturday October 20th

I went and enjoyed a relaxing two hours watching a game where I wasn't worried who won or lost.

The league table told me to expect a Bath win but WSM worked very hard to win the game. Obviously the quality I'm used to watching at Championship level isn't there, but they work hard and both teams tried to play football rather than hoofball. 

Any of our Academy who play at this level will benefit as there are some wily older one's plus some hard tackling to help them adapt to adult football.

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

I went and enjoyed a relaxing two hours watching a game where I wasn't worried who won or lost.

The league table told me to expect a Bath win but WSM worked very hard to win the game. Obviously the quality I'm used to watching at Championship level isn't there, but they work hard and both teams tried to play football rather than hoofball. 

Any of our Academy who play at this level will benefit as there are some wily older one's plus some hard tackling to help them adapt to adult football.

George Nurse played well on the left side

Archived