IGNORED

Local sides in the FA Cup today.

JamesBCFC

4 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

What a tie for Chippenham if they beat Maidenhead though!

Easy first round game for Barnet too.

3 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Some good draws for local sides there.

Good luck Chippenham, if they beat Maidenhead they will have a cracking draw.

And even that other lot from Bristol will get to see a ground with permanent stands.

Absolutely delighted with the draw for Chippenham, but I fear they won’t win the replay at Maidenhead.

It would be a great occasion for the town if we did get through to play Portsmouth, and I suspect it would also be a live TV pick.

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Absolutely delighted with the draw for Chippenham, but I fear they won’t win the replay at Maidenhead.

It would be a great occasion for the town if we did get through to play Portsmouth, and I suspect it would also be a live TV pick.

I'd be questioning the decision if it wasn't a TV pick, whoever wins the replay.

12 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Chippenham lost 1-0 in tonight's replay. Wrexham beat Harrogate meaning that they will go to WSM.

Absolutely gutted. Chippenham had two goals disallowed, hit the post, hit the crossbar and had a man controversially sent off!

I heard from a friend that went that Maidenhead fans were saying we were robbed. Not their night.

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Absolutely gutted. Chippenham had two goals disallowed, hit the post, hit the crossbar and had a man controversially sent off!

I heard from a friend that went that Maidenhead fans were saying we were robbed. Not their night.

I was there, and that's a pretty accurate assessment. There was only one team that looked like winning until the Red card, and then unfortunately Chippenham ran out of steam a bit. Not sure why Collier waited until the 82nd minute to make a sub, I felt he should have brought fresh legs on sooner as McDonald was struggling and McCootie who stayed on was limping/struggling in the first half. It was a good performance, you wouldnt realise you were watching 2 teams a league apart.

36 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

I was there, and that's a pretty accurate assessment. There was only one team that looked like winning until the Red card, and then unfortunately Chippenham ran out of steam a bit. Not sure why Collier waited until the 82nd minute to make a sub, I felt he should have brought fresh legs on sooner as McDonald was struggling and McCootie who stayed on was limping/struggling in the first half. It was a good performance, you wouldnt realise you were watching 2 teams a league apart.

Are you a fellow resident of Chippenham then @MarcusX?

On 25/10/2018 at 08:47, MarcusX said:

Melksham (boo!!!) originally but some family are Chippenham. I go over as often as I can if I'm not playing or watching City, we got into it around the 2000 Wembley trip and Tommy Saunders era. Remember him when he was manager of CalneI used to play for Park as well

One week after Q4, it was the FA trophy 1st qualifying round games. (That's like a League Cup for teams outside the League).

Yate 1 - Dorchester 1,    Taunton 1 - Weymouth 3,    Cinderford 2 - Street 2,    Swindon Supermarine 1 - Banbury 1, 

2 hours ago, 22A said:

One week after Q4, it was the FA trophy 1st qualifying round games. (That's like a League Cup for teams outside the League).

Yate 1 - Dorchester 1,    Taunton 1 - Weymouth 3,    Cinderford 2 - Street 2,    Swindon Supermarine 1 - Banbury 1, 

Not so good for Taunton. A bit `after the lord mayor`s show` after losing to Billericay midweek perhaps?

2 hours ago, 22A said:

Manor Farm lost 4-2 at Thame United

Widening the scope of this thread, we've had all the qualifying and the first round proper of the FA Youth Cup.

http://www.thefa.com/competitions/youth-football/fa-youth-cup/results

Forest Green Rovers FC    1 - 3    Cheltenham Town FC        +

Torquay United FC    4 - 1    Totton & Eling FC        +
  +
 Newport County AFC    1 - 2    Yeovil Town FC        +

19:45    38    Portsmouth FC    5 - 2    Bristol Rovers FC
        +

Archived