IGNORED

Lloyd Kelly

JBFC II

2 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

It seems like there’s a thread on him after every game but...

He was outstanding today, up against a very tricky winger and kept him completely quiet. Honestly think there is a £20 million pound player there

Why so cheap? One or two good seasons with us and the Man City's and Liverpool's will double that.

Enjoy him while we have him.

Another outstanding effort - he is so calm and level headed.

Really feel though that he will become a centre back.

He does get forward, but if there are any criticisms, he needs to work on that side of his game - he isn’t quite making game changing impacts going forwards as JB was capable of doing. A few poor crosses today, hence I think he will be, long term, a superb CB for us.

High standards I admit, but he is so capable.

Just now, Alessandro said:

Another outstanding effort - he is so calm and level headed.

Really feel though that he will become a centre back.

He does get forward, but if there are any criticisms, he needs to work on that side of his game - he isn’t quite making game changing impacts going forwards as JB was capable of doing. A few poor crosses today, hence I think he will be, long term, a superb CB for us.

Why does he need to "get forward"?

He is a very good defender. Leave the attacking to others.

3 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I think it’s becoming set in stone that he’ll only be here this season.

as someone above said, enjoy him while he’s here. 

Surely hes undroppable?

I’m worried we might lose him in Jan at this rate. Maybe if we sell him in summer we should negotiate a loan back 

3 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Why does he need to "get forward"?

He is a very good defender. Leave the attacking to others.

40 years ago full backs were ‘overlapping’ so getting forward has been a huge part of the game for years.

You should know that...............

Well he's in the England U20's set up, carries on like this he will making his debut for the senior side before too long.

City need to get into the Prem if we have ambition of keeping him. 

As for going forward I saw two cracking crosses from him, he has everything, could play midfield if he wanted, but I think hes loves to defend.

1 minute ago, CiderHider said:

Well he's in the England U2's set up, carries on like this he will making his debut for the senior side before too long.

As for going forward I saw two cracking crosses form him, he has everything, could play midfield if he wanted, but I think hes loves to defend.

One hell of a toddler!

1 minute ago, CiderHider said:

Well he's in the England U2's set up, carries on like this he will making his debut for the senior side before too long.

As for going forward I saw two cracking crosses form him, he has everything, could play midfield if he wanted, but I think hes loves to defend.

Agree. Will only keep him if we can get into the Prem. Dont think he will go quite as soon as people on this thread are predicting though, another 2 seasons max probably we will have him for. Its a shame as it would be fantastic to reach the top flight with academy talent but you cant blame them for wanting to progress as it doesn’t overly seem as a club that we WANT the top flight enough yet.

As it stands I would reject any bid under 20m for him. Not saying sell him just saying under that I am not sure would be a fair price. 

Another good performance though I did see why some wary about him getting forward. Though he is quite good when he does get forward he is not always there. That said has played LB about 10 times now so he can get there. One mistake today trying to make a play but sprinted back to try and rectify. 

18 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I think it’s becoming set in stone that he’ll only be here this season.

as someone above said, enjoy him while he’s here. 

Surely hes undroppable?

Why would he possibly leave?...........His ambition is to play in the Premiership next season ??

Have seen every game Lloyd has played and have been impressed with him from day one. Nothing fazes him defensively and he has the height, strength and pace.  Quite good going forward and improving with experience.  I can see his confidencr growing with each game.

I too am convinced that he can reach the top.  So good at such a young age and can only get better.

Archived