IGNORED

Lloyd Kelly

JBFC II

3 minutes ago, yardy said:

Don't think i have seen many 19 year defenders as composed as Lloyd especially for us. Outstanding today and all this season so far.....keep it up Lloyd

I am going to say yet again that he is the best defender we have produced since Gary Collier and he was the best we have produced in my decades following City.

16 minutes ago, Jcolebristol said:

I’m convinced Swansea looked at our team and highlighted him as a weakness, given how many balls they tried playing down there. I’m sure they’re regretting that now! Nothing got past him!

You can just see it can`t you? `right they`ve got a 19 year old left back who`s only played a few games so get at him`:rofl2br:

2 minutes ago, Bobby kellard hero said:

If we are in the business of selling our best players all the time then we might as well get used to staying where we are.

Every club sells its best players bar the likes of real madrid and Barcelona, that's football...

9 minutes ago, cheshire_red said:

Kelly has been singled out on the planet swans forum for praise and is currently equal with their GK in the player ratings

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/228854/swansea-city-0--1-bristol-city--rate-the-players/#0

Also gets a mention here

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/228852/well-done-bristol-city/#18

For an academy player to step straight in to championship level and be utter class is amazing. We have a real player on our hands. I can see him playing in a top four club his maturity is probably the best I have ever seen from any young player we’ve ever had. Well done Lloyd two motm performances keep it up lad

8 minutes ago, Sparkz 76 said:

For an academy player to step straight in to championship level and be utter class is amazing. We have a real player on our hands. I can see him playing in a top four club his maturity is probably the best I have ever seen from any young player we’ve ever had. Well done Lloyd two motm performances keep it up lad

Just realised this lad has only played Championship*....no loans to build him up like the rest of them. He really is an exception.

*England u20s and Cup too.

9 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Imagine what a full season of games will bring him. When will Da Silva ever get in front of this lad?? Hopefully they dont throw a wobbly like Liverpool did when he hardly gets a game.

Kelly is sheer class. The way he dealt with everything their winger could throw at him yesterday was a real benchmark game for him. 

Let’s remember though, he’s only 19 and this is his first taste of proper football, in one of the toughest divisions in world football. 

He will pick up knocks and he will need rests. Dasilva offers us the options of managing Lloyd properly and also coming in at LB & switching Lloyd to CB if cover is needed. 

59 minutes ago, Ian M said:

Fully expect him to progress from the u20s to the u21s this season, possibly in the next squad.

That would be amazing. Is it just me or does the u20 just feel like the best of the rest squad? Think he’d fit right in at u21 level. I have not seen many his age as good as he is. 

Just now, Red Right Hand said:

Not sure TBH. What was Southgate before he stepped up? U23s?

Edit. Just checked Wiki and it is Boothroyd.

Not sure it is u23s exist at international level so Boothroyd replaced Southgate. U21s play next week and I will be watching. Be interesting to see if all the same prem players get call ups or if they will mix it up. 

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

Not sure it is u23s exist at international level so Boothroyd replaced Southgate. U21s play next week and I will be watching. Be interesting to see if all the same prem players get call ups or if they will mix it up. 

I don`t think U23s do, you`re right. There`s no references I can find to that age group.

On 26/08/2018 at 02:32, Kodjias Wrist said:

Imagine what a full season of games will bring him. When will Da Silva ever get in front of this lad?? Hopefully they dont throw a wobbly like Liverpool did when he hardly gets a game.

Quite. I wonder what the agreement with Chelsea is. I can’t imagine they would want him to play second fiddle, nor would the lad himself be too happy, presumably, at spending too long on the bench. Obviously we will have to manage Kelly properly through a long, tough, Championship season but if he keeps playing to that level he would obvs be first choice when fit, surely. 

3 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Quite. I wonder what the agreement with Chelsea is. I can’t imagine they would want him to play second fiddle, nor would the lad himself be too happy, presumably, at spending too long on the bench. Obviously we will have to manage Kelly properly through a long, tough, Championship season but if he keeps playing to that level he would obvs be first choice when fit, surely. 

The advantage with Kelly is that he’s capable at CB as well so it’s possible that Dasilva could play at LB.

That said, from his cameo against Boro Dasilva looked pretty quick and could possibly play in front of Kelly in wide midfield.

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

The advantage with Kelly is that he’s capable at CB as well so it’s possible that Dasilva could play at LB.

That said, from his cameo against Boro Dasilva looked pretty quick and could possibly play in front of Kelly in wide midfield.

Think it was 2002 WC where Bridge used to come on as sub in front of Cole at LM to see a game out. 

Archived