IGNORED

Clean sheets

Meh

2 in 2 games - whole new back 5 started from the main stays last season.

All the moaning about Flint and Bryan going. All the non-plus reactions to the signing of Maenpaa and look what’s happening.

And with Wiemann currently making the sell of Bobby look like great business it is exciting times.

Roll on to unbeaten Blackburn!!

We are beginning to get going now and we can see this is definately a competitive team.

Will watch with interest any new additions this week and see how Fammy fits back in.

Good to have 2 home games next - both tough though, Blackburn and Sheff Utd. 

6 minutes ago, Neo said:

All the moaning about Flint and Bryan going. All the non-plus reactions to the signing of Maenpaa and look what’s happening.

And with Wiemann currently making the sell of Bobby look like great business it is exciting times.

What is happening - I'm doing as told on here and only judging after another 5 games?

Just now, Moments of Pleasure said:

What is happening - I'm doing as told on here and only judging after another 5 games?

That’s a fair point.

Just as we weren’t doomed after last week, we’re not imperious after this week. What there are, are positive signs. We may have replaced the departees with better quality, and are starting to gel.

Delighted with today but let’s not let the optimistic ones of us be as bad in the reverse manner as people who fall apart after a defeat

9 minutes ago, Neo said:

You will never win anything if you don’t keep clean sheets and to see us look so solid is impressive

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

That’s a fair point.

Just as we weren’t doomed after last week, we’re not imperious after this week. What there are, are positive signs. We may have replaced the departees with better quality, and are starting to gel.

Delighted with today but let’s not let the optimistic ones of us be as bad in the reverse manner as people who fall apart after a defeat

We are back in "dreamland" again tonight. This forum is a madhouse, swinging from one extreme to another. And that is football: maddening, infuriating, intoxicating, exhilarating.  

I just wish LJ would reveal himself, metaphorically: either be bloody brilliant like last season, first half of; or, be bloody awful so we can move on. Stop being both! 

6 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

We are back in "dreamland" again tonight. This forum is a madhouse, swinging from one extreme to another. And that is football: maddening, infuriating, intoxicating, exhilarating.  

I just wish LJ would reveal himself, metaphorically: either be bloody brilliant like last season, first half of; or, be bloody awful so we can move on. Stop being both! 

I think LJ has yet stumbled on to something  again,had we not got major back 4 injuries then kalas would not be here but of course you have to give him credit for seeing what the rest of us could see that Kelly is a very talented lad 

26 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

We are beginning to get going now and we can see this is definately a competitive team.

Will watch with interest any new additions this week and see how Fammy fits back in.

Good to have 2 home games next - both tough though, Blackburn and Sheff Utd. 

Every game is tough in this division. Swansea were unbeaten until today . 

36 minutes ago, Neo said:

goals win games, clean sheets win championships 

1 hour ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

It's never been any different. Or has it? Yes, I think it was less intense when I was young. For the adults, it was light relief from the grimy, smoke filled, poisonous factories, and the nagging wife.

Now, with everything from tiddlywinks to music, sport being over hyped. The use of superlative superlatives at the poor and good ends of the spectrum and 99% of us fall into the trap.

So last week, I thought the worst and four days later and SIX POINTS in hand, I'm happy. Just sitting down to the weekly bolognese and a bottle of good Portuguese red. Everything is perfect again. Until Friday when Bris lose to Barff!

14 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

It's never been any different. Or has it? Yes, I think it was less intense when I was young. For the adults, it was light relief from the grimy, smoke filled, poisonous factories, and the nagging wife.

Now, with everything from tiddlywinks to music, sport being over hyped. The use of superlative superlatives at the poor and good ends of the spectrum and 99% of us fall into the trap.

So last week, I thought the worst and four days later and SIX POINTS in hand, I'm happy. Just sitting down to the weekly bolognese and a bottle of good Portuguese red. Everything is perfect again. Until Friday when Bris lose to Barff!

The best in the world!

2 hours ago, Neo said:

The whole back four were very solid today. Three of then new signings and the other a youngster and with Baker waiting in the wings.

No doubt LJ has done some smart wheeling and dealing over the summer.

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

1 hour ago, Porto Red said:

The best in the world!

Well, his match reports are decent. A bit long, but good stuff all the same....

1 hour ago, Porto Red said:

The best in the world!

Bought direct from Portugal. It's one from a vineyard about 50km from where we used to live in Castelo Branco. Over there it costs about 3.20 euros but the source I've found is at approx £5.80 per bottle delivered to home in Somerset. Still good value. It tastes great but even better after the lads win away.

COYREDS!

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

Bought direct from Portugal. It's one from a vineyard about 50km from where we used to live in Castelo Branco. Over there it costs about 3.20 euros but the source I've found is at approx £5.80 per bottle delivered to home in Somerset. Still good value. It tastes great but even better after the lads win away.

COYREDS!

The other side of Arganil (where all the English hippies live) from near Vouzela where I was last living, but still in the Centro region (yes, I had to look it up). Vouzela is in the Dão wine producing area, which also has excellent wines, but for me the very best come from the Douro valley. Lush. Anyway, saúde!

Archived