IGNORED

Could all the 'LJ out' brigade post here please...

cityexile

21 minutes ago, DaveF said:

I really don’t understand the need for threads like this... there’s been loads from both sides recently and they’re an embarrassing and childish point scoring exercise.

I stand accused, and in truth am guilty as charged.

It was a bit of a trolliing response to a mirror thread last week. 

https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/196425-happy-clappers/&tab=comments#comment-3307820

Was meant as a light hearted response, but maybe in hindsight misjudged.

I plead excitement at an unexpected win and cider in mitigation.

I don’t doubt we are all happy at today’s win, whatever our views we share from time to time...

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Which side are you on?

I understand both sides but I’d sway towards keeping Johnson for now. I think we’re making progress and I like the signings we’ve made, but then our form the second half of last season was baffling when you looked at how good we were before Christmas so I’m not fully sold. If he wasn’t getting sacked at the end of last season there’s no point in sacking him this early into a new season with a new look team and some interesting players still bedding in.

Which side are you on?

24 minutes ago, DaveF said:

I really don’t understand the need for threads like this... there’s been loads from both sides recently and they’re an embarrassing and childish point scoring exercise.

Agreed, 2 wrongs don't make a right. It's equally childish name calling either way.

3 minutes ago, DaveF said:

I understand both sides but I’d sway towards keeping Johnson for now. I think we’re making progress and I like the signings we’ve made, but then our form the second half of last season was baffling when you looked at how good we were before Christmas so I’m not fully sold. If he wasn’t getting sacked at the end of last season there’s no point in sacking him this early into a new season with a new look team and some interesting players still bedding in.

Which side are you on?

Completely neutral.

LJ has the full backing of SL and will therefore be in post indefinitely - unless City hit another significant  run of deafeats. I’m hoping that won’t happen so I’m very happy to let LJ go about his job. There’s absolutely no point in complaining.......

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It's interesting how polarised this board can get. How wildly the pendulum seems to swing tbh.

It is completely bi-polar, particularly early in the season.

I know those more negative we’re basing it on our 2018 form in total, and the loss of some key players. Lose one game and we have LJ out posts. Win a couple and LJ is the messiah.

Lets give it to ten games. This week is a good week none the less.

33 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Still here. Delighted with the results this week obviously, 6 in 30 though... credit where it's due but not the man for me. 

I think there comes a time when you have to stop using the poor run from last season as a statistical stick with which to beat LJ.

It might be 6 in 30, but it’s also 2 wins on the bounce and only one league defeat so far this season, despite some tough games.

This is a new season, with a different set of players, and a fresh start. If LJ won the next 10 games in a row it would still only be 16 wins in 40.

I’d say its time to draw a line under last season’s failings. It’s water under the bridge now. And if we’re really going to keep harking back to last season, why not look at his overall record here, which remains pretty decent?

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I think there comes a time when you have to stop using the poor run from last season as a statistical stick with which to beat LJ.

It might be 6 in 30, but it’s also 2 wins on the bounce and only one league defeat so far this season, despite some tough games.

This is a new season, with a different set of players, and a fresh start. If LJ won the next 10 games in a row it would still only be 16 wins in 40.

I’d say its time to draw a line under last season’s failings. It’s water under the bridge now. And if we’re really going to keep harking back to last season, why not look at his overall record here, which remains pretty decent?

If last season was reversed, ie awful first half, excellent second, it wouldn't be getting tacked on to this season's record. I guarantee that.

1 hour ago, DaveF said:

Good post describing a sensible stance. I get the impression that is the stance being taken by the so called silent majority at Ashton gate. 

It's just a shame that we have to be faced with the over the top reactions of the loud minority all over social media 

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

You make fair points and you are right there has to be a point we draw a line under things. However I worry we have another run and it's groundhog day again. Still on the out camp but hey would be delighted if he made me look like a right *** 

1 minute ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

You make fair points and you are right there has to be a point we draw a line under things. However I worry we have another run and it's groundhog day again. Still on the out camp but hey would be delighted if he made me look like a right *** 

I reckon he doesn't survive another run like that. 

We all have a responsibility to keep expectations realistic. A few years ago we were scrapping at the bottom of League 1. We do not have a big budget for the Championship.

The stadium renovation has elevated our expectation but we do not have parachute payments to match our ambition.

Some of our signings (loans and buys) have been superb. Some have been awful.

One thing that has set Lee Johnson apart from previous managers/coaches is that he (and his team) have made some players much better.

Bobby Reid £9M? Lloyd Kelly a future full international?

Let's hope we don't have a bad run like the previous two seasons. Pulling the trigger on Lee Johnson will happen one day (I think City can match his ultimate ambition if he succeeds with us) but we may lose more than a head coach when he does leave.

For now, a mix of wins, draws and a few defeats will be enough to keep me on board.

As long as we win games and take one point more than we lose, its ok. When we was in the terrible run, that season we finished 18 I think. Think big boss and the border made the right decission not to sack LJ then. Since then we have progressed and dont see he will be sacked. As I wrote before think our team looks stronger this season despite the leaving of Bryan, Flint and Reid. We got good connection with Chelsea, Tammy and now Tomas Kalas. Think LJ all and all do it ok with his team.

Archived