IGNORED

Fastest City goal ever?

myol'man

4 minutes ago, The Enormous Turnip said:

I remember us scoring down at the East End after 14(?) seconds in around 2004 - that’s not much info I know, but it happened! 

I remember Ken Wimshurst scoring in the first few seconds of a game, a floated free kick from a central position that everyone missed including the keeper.

There seemed a deliberate ploy to get into their area as early as possible, kick off the ball went back to Webster who hit it 60 metres to Taylor, the ball didn't stick, but came back to Webster who repeated the pass, this time we picked up the 2nd ball and turned it into a goal. Perhaps we had identified that they were slow starters, or that we needed to be quicker ones?

14 minutes ago, cityexile said:

On the reverse, I can remember getting relegated, first game of the season full of hope and at home, and in seconds we were a goal down. Against Blackpool if memory serves. 

Memories of quickest goal conceded?

Boxing day 1972 at PNE; 1-0 down after 12 seconds. That game went 0-1, 0-2, 1-2, 2-2, 2-3 (HT) and ended 3-3 .

As you posted; start of the 95-96 season, Blackpool went 1-0 up after 12 seconds at AG; that game was also a draw.

97-98 season; A Christmas defeat at Fulham was a temporary set back as the tenth consecutive home win saw City top the table in January. The first goal that day had been scored by Crambe after just 15 seconds. Crambe signed for  City in the Summer of 1997 from Donny for £150,000.

16 minutes ago, cityexile said:

On the reverse, I can remember getting relegated, first game of the season full of hope and at home, and in seconds we were a goal down. Against Blackpool if memory serves. 

Yes, that's the fastest goal I remember seeing. Pretty much straight from kick off. Mid-90s. Seal equalised for us (I think) and it finished 1-1.

39 minutes ago, Northern Cider Ed said:

Pretty sure it was Colin Cramb v Grimsby (think the game finished 4-1) My guess is more like 1996/97

Remember this, straight from the kick off as we had set up with several players on the right and cut straight through Grimsby. An enjoyable afternoon. Would be around ‘97. 

10 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Pretty sure I remember Marco Gabiadini (sp?) scoring for Sunderland at Ashton Gate on a Tuesday night after 12 seconds... in a game that ended 1-0.

Not even sure there was a memorable throw in after that one bit of action.

I remember that one.  We were just getting to our seats and they scored.  Both teams were near the top but they were higher than us.  One of the many City games when you just knew we wouldn't get back into it.

59 minutes ago, 22A said:

Boxing day 1972 at PNE; 1-0 down after 12 seconds. That game went 0-1, 0-2, 1-2, 2-2, 2-3 (HT) and ended 3-3 .

As you posted; start of the 95-96 season, Blackpool went 1-0 up after 12 seconds at AG; that game was also a draw.

97-98 season; A Christmas defeat at Fulham was a temporary set back as the tenth consecutive home win saw City top the table in January. The first goal that day had been scored by Crambe after just 15 seconds. Crambe signed for  City in the Summer of 1997 from Donny for £150,000.

Nope....Xmas eve eve (23)   I was there......didn't Alan Kelly break his arm in that one  (or was that the 2-2 round about that time ) .

1 hour ago, cityexile said:

Marcus Bignot after about 30s putting the g*s 0-1 up at the Gate in about 2001. 

Enter Peter Beadle...

3 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Marcus Bignot after about 30s putting the g*s 0-1 up at the Gate in about 2001. 

Enter Peter Beadle...

I'd forgotten about that one! They were still 1-0 up at half time and I feared it would be another one of their spawny wins.

I loved the goal that night (our third I think) when Aaron Brown bombed down to wing and crossed for Thorpe to head it in.

14 minutes ago, maverick1976 said:

I seem to recall home to Peterborough in 94! Didn't junior bent score after 13 seconds in the first have and Liam Robinson scored after 12 seconds in the second half? Finished 4-2 if I remember. Away fans were in block A of dolman as the Atyeo was being built?

Yes, liam robinson only scored 4 league goals in that season, all against peterborough, two at home and two away.

48 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Pretty sure I remember Marco Gabiadini (sp?) scoring for Sunderland at Ashton Gate on a Tuesday night after 12 seconds... in a game that ended 1-0.

Not even sure there was a memorable throw in after that one bit of action.

If i’m Thinking of the same game, we were still trying to get into the Dolman, when a big roar went up.  Assumed we’d gone 1-0 up.  I seem to recall Steve Neville going round the keeper, side-footing it Home, only for the camber on the pitch to help it go wide.

Archived